Not WDW but still impressive....

Logan5

Original Poster
Just checking out the progress of TDS's impressive TOT.

Even though its just a clone of DCA's, the facade looks amazing so far...
asia585_141.jpg

Salanne41

Agreed it does look impressive! have you ever been to Tokyo, hong kong disney!? if so hope its not a awful as disneyland Paris!! :brick:

Logan5

Original Poster
Tot

Been to disneyland, wdw, and disneyland paris....

tokyo and hong kong are next .....

Cant wait....

i realy enjoyed disneyland paris.....

Very nice park, Haunted mansion, space mountain, and thunder where amazing there...

Salanne41

dont know why but there is something about Mickey Mouse walking up to you and speaking French.. that's just wrong somehow!!

No one does a theme park quite like you Americans... it has to be said!! :)

stitchcastle

technically, the americans also built the paris park. and the Paris park is kind of officially the most beautiful of all the MK parks. DLP and TDS are categorized as the best looking pair of all the parks.

And you gotta consider that Mickey is a global icon that has been integrated into various cultures by now so you gotta be open to Mickey speaking in french or nihongo.

oh and i think the TDS ToT will end up being the best looking...still not as good as the Florida original though

cherrynegra

I'm VERY surprised to have learned that TDS's version of ToT is the DCA one and not the one in DMGM!! They usually splurge when it comes to attractions. Very curious to know why they decided on the version they're working on now.:veryconfu

Connor002

cherrynegra said:
I'm VERY surprised to have learned that TDS's version of ToT is the DCA one and not the one in DMGM!! They usually splurge when it comes to attractions. Very curious to know why they decided on the version they're working on now.:veryconfu

I'd imagine it makes more sense to them to use the simpler ride system. Less complication means less chance of failure (breakdowns/less maintnence).

WDWFantasmic

stitchcastle said:
you're kidding right? have you even SEEN Mermaid Lagoon?

I know...I've been there and it's a lot better than Dinorama. Infact now that I think about it, Tokyo DisneySea is my favorite park. :lol: How many acres is it by the way?

stitchcastle

well i think it's smaller than MK

I'm sorry, TDS is my favorite park and I got all emotional when you put that barfing smiley to express what you thought of Mermaid Lagoon which IMHO is one of the most beautifully themed environments disney has done...I had a "you know you're disney nerd when" moment

WDWFantasmic

stitchcastle said:
well i think it's smaller than MK

I'm sorry, TDS is my favorite park and I got all emotional when you put that barfing smiley to express what you thought of Mermaid Lagoon which IMHO is one of the most beautifully themed environments disney has done...I had a "you know you're disney nerd when" moment

It's my favorite park also. Journey to the Center of the Earth is IMO the best ride in the whole world! Is it longer than Test Track(length)?

jrriddle

My understanding is that DCA, TDS and WDSP will all have the same TOT ride system. As far as the "plussing" different effects could be found in each tower.
I would think DCA & WDSP will be identical, but even the storyline for TDS will be different as discussed in another thread and is tied into Raging Spirits and the SS Columbia.
Who knows it could have more nautical themed effects inside. I remember one of the original rumours was that the big stained glass window would shatter during the ride and that you would go under water (not literally) at one point.

stitchcastle

last I heard, TDS will feel like a totally different experience with a really complicated new storyline and a plethora of new effects. As usual, TDS will put DCA and WDSP to shame

WDWFantasmic

stitchcastle said:
last I heard, TDS will feel like a totally different experience with a really complicated new storyline and a plethora of new effects. As usual, TDS will put DCA and WDSP to shame

Check this site for more info http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/american/amwtot.html
Design wise, it is the same as DCA's but with different effects. It says it will cost $170 million!!! Does anybody know how much Journey to the Center of the Earth cost including building the volcano?

Tim G

WDWFantasmic said:
Check this site for more info http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/american/amwtot.html
Design wise, it is the same as DCA's but with different effects. It says it will cost $170 million!!! Does anybody know how much Journey to the Center of the Earth cost including building the volcano?
What the heck are you blabering about....

Design wise... You really don't know what you're talking about...

I still only read question marks in your posts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom