Not the thread for everybody...

trav1921

I could see people's issues with mission spac. Ill be the first to admit when it came out I rode myself silly on it, to the point now where i just bypass it due to the lines. After riding it as many times i have, you dont get the same exileration anymore plus its jsut kind of splat out in the middle with no real themeing besides the buidling itself.

Now absolutly get rid of TS, i would not mind seeing AE comeback either. We could def get some better attraction in their then the "bumper cars" plus im sure they would save money with fuel oil tires etc.

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
I could see people's issues with mission spac. Ill be the first to admit when it came out I rode myself silly on it, to the point now where i just bypass it due to the lines. After riding it as many times i have, you dont get the same exileration anymore plus its jsut kind of splat out in the middle with no real themeing besides the buidling itself.

Now absolutly get rid of TS, i would not mind seeing AE comeback either. We could def get some better attraction in their then the "bumper cars" plus im sure they would save money with fuel oil tires etc.

.....ear plugs, steal toe'd boots, gas masks.....

jmvd20

I
I agree with you that they need a pavilion, HOWEVER with that being said I LOVE the mission space ride, could you please elaborate on your dislike? I could see people spiteing it b/c they liked whatever was there before (sorry im too young, i remember the building, but not the housed attractions). But I think they REALLY did a great job creating a realistic space ride (unlike space mountain...but i love that ne ways)

To me M:S just isn't great - it is a decent ride that I try to go on once per visit and that's it. If the line is over 30 minutes I do not consider it worth my time to wait for it. After going on it a few times it became old to me and nothing special. Speaking in general terms I think it is an OK attraction but that is it.

As far as specifics, the video quality is horrible, sound is not that great, the que isn't anything special, the post ride is non-existent, and in general the entire experience of the ride from walking in the door to walking out the door just does not feel like a well thought out and immersive experience.

Disney *could* have made this attraction great, however they just chose to make an attraction and it shows - IMO.

pintraderpayee

Replace SGE with a storyline where the Disney Villians have taken over the future....Malificent could breathe fire, Flotsam and Jetsam could shock you, Jafar as the snake could nip you, etc. Anything but Stitch! Hot Dog burps:hurl:

25 days until we are Orlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:D

To me M:S just isn't great - it is a decent ride that I try to go on once per visit and that's it. If the line is over 30 minutes I do not consider it worth my time to wait for it. After going on it a few times it became old to me and nothing special. Speaking in general terms I think it is an OK attraction but that is it.

As far as specifics, the video quality is horrible, sound is not that great, the que isn't anything special, the post ride is non-existent, and in general the entire experience of the ride from walking in the door to walking out the door just does not feel like a well thought out and immersive experience.

Disney *could* have made this attraction great, however they just chose to make an attraction and it shows - IMO.

I actually like the post show. We always play the game (Mission Control I think) thats there afterwards and have a good time

jmvd20

I actually like the post show. We always play the game (Mission Control I think) thats there afterwards and have a good time

Most times when I ride M:S that area seems to have a lot of people in it. Granted I have not been there that much but at least on the times that I have it seems to be somehwat popular.

bennyw01

Id take away chester and hester's purely because that area had so much potential, should of kept it with the science however i understand the backstory and then it works quite well. the idea being there was fossils found in that location and on the road that run past the institute developed a sort of road side oddity which is cool. but i just love the science its like the old tommorrow land KEEP THE X.S.

and about the speedway i doubt that will ever go because wasnt it one of Walts original rides? didnt he believe that he could give everyone the right to drive a car whatever age or ability, bit dated now cause most people own a car but i think the principle still stands.

scarpiapiano

It's interesting. My brother and I use to love riding the speedway back at Disneyland in the early 70's (back then it was called Autopia). But after we got our drivers licenses the attraction lost all of its appeal.

Most times when I ride M:S that area seems to have a lot of people in it. Granted I have not been there that much but at least on the times that I have it seems to be somehwat popular.

It is a ton of fun if alot of people are playing it. You should check it out next time, it doesnt take that long. I enjoy both sides of the game, one where you are up on stage sorta with a team putting the fixes into the spaceship. The other is putting those fixes out on the floor based on what is needed. Both are enjoyable

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
It is a ton of fun if alot of people are playing it. You should check it out next time, it doesnt take that long. I enjoy both sides of the game, one where you are up on stage sorta with a team putting the fixes into the spaceship. The other is putting those fixes out on the floor based on what is needed. Both are enjoyable

yeah i did it once, it was really fun, it was my first time, and I was captain of my team. The thing that cheesed me off was that our team had 4-5 people and their team had 5-6 people. There was no balance, no handicap, no waiting for another person to join, no making one person drop, nothing. Not only were we WAY faster, but we were 1 ball short of having our ship online and they won. WHAT KIND OF BULL IS THAT!?

I mean maybe I'm a little competitive (like every time I go to islands I HAVE to do the 'you pick Jurassic' or else I cant leave), and stuff like that is fun, but really eating a loss for that was just bad news for me. If my dad didn't get sick on it, we would have gone last time (he went on TT instead and after the ride when I left the building, i didnt want to go back in) and destroyed some mo fo's!

yeah i did it once, it was really fun, it was my first time, and I was captain of my team. The thing that cheesed me off was that our team had 4-5 people and their team had 5-6 people. There was no balance, no handicap, no waiting for another person to join, no making one person drop, nothing. Not only were we WAY faster, but we were 1 ball short of having our ship online and they won. WHAT KIND OF BULL IS THAT!?

I mean maybe I'm a little competitive (like every time I go to islands I HAVE to do the 'you pick Jurassic' or else I cant leave), and stuff like that is fun, but really eating a loss for that was just bad news for me. If my dad didn't get sick on it, we would have gone last time (he went on TT instead and after the ride when I left the building, i didnt want to go back in) and destroyed some mo fo's!

Usually when they have odd number of people playing, they have CM's go play for the team that is short. Your usually lucky if you get a CM on your team, they are exceptionally good at the game obviously.

Yensid_Robert9

It's interesting. My brother and I use to love riding the speedway back at Disneyland in the early 70's (back then it was called Autopia). But after we got our drivers licenses the attraction lost all of its appeal.

Disneyland's is actually still called Autopia and like 20X better than the TS

Personally after experiencing it in January and being so use to WDW's TS, I was amazed how much better Autopia is!

It has a lot of cover from trees, themed areas you drive through, I actually had a lot of fun on it (btw I'm 21)

I think WDW needs to add at least some cool lighting maybe re-theme it. It's amazing what subtle details do for an attraction even if the details are just trees (ok ok I know trees aren't exactly subtle, but they are compared to some effects)

Just my 2 cents regarding the speedway

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
Usually when they have odd number of people playing, they have CM's go play for the team that is short. Your usually lucky if you get a CM on your team, they are exceptionally good at the game obviously.

wow, we would have merked then! lol if i was a CM there omg I would be so good, like i said i only played it 1ce, but then again im 22 so its much less complicated then the stuff I play (aka it would be easy to get the hang out and dominate)

marsrunner

Disneyland's is actually still called Autopia and like 20X better than the TS

Personally after experiencing it in January and being so use to WDW's TS, I was amazed how much better Autopia is!

It has a lot of cover from trees, themed areas you drive through, I actually had a lot of fun on it (btw I'm 21)

I think WDW needs to add at least some cool lighting maybe re-theme it. It's amazing what subtle details do for an attraction even if the details are just trees (ok ok I know trees aren't exactly subtle, but they are compared to some effects)

Just my 2 cents regarding the speedway

Completely agree about Disneyland's version. I swear its longer, but maybe that's just because the terrain is more varied and there are actual things to look at along the way.
Its still an incredibly slow loader with long lines even when nothing else has a line, but my daughter (5) likes to ride it and I don't mind when she does. When we were in FL the line was always 40+ minutes, and I just wasn't prepared to wait in that line for that particular ride. 40 minutes in Disneyland for her to ride was no biggie though.

Yensid_Robert9

Completely agree about Disneyland's version. I swear its longer, but maybe that's just because the terrain is more varied and there are actual things to look at along the way.
Its still an incredibly slow loader with long lines even when nothing else has a line, but my daughter (5) likes to ride it and I don't mind when she does. When we were in FL the line was always 40+ minutes, and I just wasn't prepared to wait in that line for that particular ride. 40 minutes in Disneyland for her to ride was no biggie though.

Oh totally. I thought I was on there for like 10 minutes.

I would just like to see Tomorrowland return to it's glory And actually feel like I'm stepping into the world of Tomorrow.

Oh and also if there are any huge fans of Laugh Floor, or you know more than myself, I'm not being sarcastic, Please, I'm still trying to figure out, explain to me how it fits into the theming. Anyone???

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
Oh totally. I thought I was on there for like 10 minutes.

I would just like to see Tomorrowland return to it's glory And actually feel like I'm stepping into the world of Tomorrow.

Oh and also if there are any huge fans of Laugh Floor, or you know more than myself, I'm not being sarcastic, Please, I'm still trying to figure out, explain to me how it fits into the theming. Anyone???

I love MILF and I think it fits into the theming I said it once before but people still disagree, but I cant help peoples opinions (just like no one can help mine).

First off tomorrowland is about the world of tomorrow not only it's possible outlooks (like us living on other planets), but it's inventions and futuristic adventures (space travel, interacting with aliens, etc), we can all agree on that right?

Well its no secret that (in monsters inc) there is a monster world that has an energy crisis (like cali had a couple years ago) and to combat this crisis, they've found that human laughter is an uber powerful energy source when harnessed. Upon entering the room where you can send your jokes, you then enter the door which is the gateway between tomorrowland and monstropolis, you walk through this 'futuristic' gateway to help these monsters/aliens with there energy crisis. Once in there world you are herded towards a theater to which monsters come on stage and try to get you to laugh in order to use that laughter as energy. After which they thank-you and you are returned to tomorrowland.

However I think people would this of this as more of a tomorrowland friendly ride if 1) the time keeper wasnt removed 2) there was some sort of wrap up (like in Dinosaur), but there just isnt the room, 3) There wasnt a pixar place.

My main complaint with anti MILF people is 1) they dont look at the ride objectively (like oh this has futuristic components and the concept isnt too far off from AE; monsters want us to come to there world and help them with there energy problem using there futuristic technology, an alien wants to come to our world and sell his futuristic technology to us for profit, which one is which?). They always change the subject and go 'well this ride has this so does that make it this?' or 'that ride has that so does that make it that?' they cant stick to the one ride and take an objective look without bringing everything else into the equation.

2) They always say "well it's in the wrong park" but once again there off topic going off on a tangent about something else. DHS just started up pixar place, and just because it happens to be a Disney Pixar collaboration doesnt mean we wrangle up every attraction and drop it in DHS so that the titles fit in a nice neat little box. Just because there is more then one park doesnt mean you have to put ALL the pixar based attractions in that park. I've never heard anyone say that living seas needs to be moved to DHS because thats pixar (although it might have been said knowing some people and there thinking about rides like they think about picking up and moving blocks) or the nemo show in DAK is in the wrong spot, or it's tough to be a bug needs to go to pixar place (along with the building that houses it), etc. I think ive made my point about moving attractions, its isnt smart, imo, to say that a pixar ride needs to go to pixar place b/c then your saying all go, and if not, then why this specific one ride, why this pixar ride and not others?

Bottomline is that I think that it fits because all of the above reasons and I've also stated some of the arguments against, so you can formulate your own opinion using what ive said with what other people drop too

Enchantâmes

I love MILF and I think it fits into the theming I said it once before but people still disagree, but I cant help peoples opinions (just like no one can help mine).

First off tomorrowland is about the world of tomorrow not only it's possible outlooks (like us living on other planets), but it's inventions and futuristic adventures (space travel, interacting with aliens, etc), we can all agree on that right?

Well its no secret that (in monsters inc) there is a monster world that has an energy crisis (like cali had a couple years ago) and to combat this crisis, they've found that human laughter is an uber powerful energy source when harnessed. Upon entering the room where you can send your jokes, you then enter the door which is the gateway between tomorrowland and monstropolis, you walk through this 'futuristic' gateway to help these monsters/aliens with there energy crisis. Once in there world you are herded towards a theater to which monsters come on stage and try to get you to laugh in order to use that laughter as energy. After which they thank-you and you are returned to tomorrowland.

However I think people would this of this as more of a tomorrowland friendly ride if 1) the time keeper wasnt removed 2) there was some sort of wrap up (like in Dinosaur), but there just isnt the room, 3) There wasnt a pixar place.

My main complaint with anti MILF people is 1) they dont look at the ride objectively (like oh this has futuristic components and the concept isnt too far off from AE; monsters want us to come to there world and help them with there energy problem using there futuristic technology, an alien wants to come to our world and sell his futuristic technology to us for profit, which one is which?). They always change the subject and go 'well this ride has this so does that make it this?' or 'that ride has that so does that make it that?' they cant stick to the one ride and take an objective look without bringing everything else into the equation.

2) They always say "well it's in the wrong park" but once again there off topic going off on a tangent about something else. DHS just started up pixar place, and just because it happens to be a Disney Pixar collaboration doesnt mean we wrangle up every attraction and drop it in DHS so that the titles fit in a nice neat little box. Just because there is more then one park doesnt mean you have to put ALL the pixar based attractions in that park. I've never heard anyone say that living seas needs to be moved to DHS because thats pixar (although it might have been said knowing some people and there thinking about rides like they think about picking up and moving blocks) or the nemo show in DAK is in the wrong spot, or it's tough to be a bug needs to go to pixar place (along with the building that houses it), etc. I think ive made my point about moving attractions, its isnt smart, imo, to say that a pixar ride needs to go to pixar place b/c then your saying all go, and if not, then why this specific one ride, why this pixar ride and not others?

Bottomline is that I think that it fits because all of the above reasons and I've also stated some of the arguments against, so you can formulate your own opinion using what ive said with what other people drop too
Yes but Monsters Inc. Takes place in modern day and Tomorrowland at WDW is set in the Future that we always dreamed of as in a fantasy kind of future. It set to be like the Future people of different generations saw it to be. And MILF has nothing to do with Tomorrow what so ever. I still like the attraction though but I liked Timekeeper much more. :zipit:

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
Yes but Monsters Inc. Takes place in modern day and Tomorrowland at WDW is set in the Future that we always dreamed of as in a fantasy kind of future. It set to be like the Future people of different generations saw it to be. And MILF has nothing to do with Tomorrow what so ever. I still like the attraction though but I liked Timekeeper much more. :zipit:

AE took place in present day, same with carousel of progress, TTA, and TSW (I dont think buzz does and I dont know enough about the rockets and SM but I guess that they dont). And I think MI is more of a fantasy future then then watching the timekeeper take someone from the past to the future, but then again when you say 'fantasy' cartoons come to mind.

Future people in different generations predicted the buzz lightyear emperor zerg struggle?

Enchantâmes

AE took place in present day, same with carousel of progress, TTA, and TSW (I dont think buzz does and I dont know enough about the rockets and SM but I guess that they dont). And I think MI is more of a fantasy future then then watching the timekeeper take someone from the past to the future, but then again when you say 'fantasy' cartoons come to mind.

Future people in different generations predicted the buzz lightyear emperor zerg struggle?
Ahem if you read Imagineering books and do some Actual research you will understand what I'm talking about. Until you do some Actual research do not reply to my posts. Thanks. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom