Not so scary halloween info??? 2008

Goofynana

Original Poster
I have not been able to find much info out there about this years' halloween party. I know the dates, etc. But I want concrete info about what is actually happening this year. Like, what are they offering, any free gift, what stuff is offered to buy that night, etc. You know - the good information - from people that have been this year. Going in two weeks - cant wait to find out!!!:wave:

gwhb75

I have not been able to find much info out there about this years' halloween party. I know the dates, etc. But I want concrete info about what is actually happening this year. Like, what are they offering, any free gift, what stuff is offered to buy that night, etc. You know - the good information - from people that have been this year. Going in two weeks - cant wait to find out!!!:wave:

We went on September 16th. There were 12 Trick-or-Treat stops throughout the park. The parade was really good (the headless horsemen is pretty impressive). Didn't really see anything great to purchase other than the standard type stuff. The one cool thing you could buy was a necklace that hung pretty low on your shirt and it had large eyes that moved back and forth. It looked like it was part of the shirt. It was pretty busy, but there wasn't too long a wait for anything. Hope that helps.

Bug715

I haven't been yet this year but I know the only "free" gift will be the candy. And for Merchandise (I havn't seen any other than opins) I'm guessing there is a shirt, picture frame, and pins since those are always present at parties.

Damian31

we went on the 19th. Merchandise - they have the mickey and minnie plush in their new halloween costumes that are advertised, pins for this year, small shot like glasses, paper lanterns, bracelets (black and orange), mickey pumpkin trick or treat baskets......oh and if you spend $40 you can get a tote halloween bag for $10. There were a couple of other bits as well.

they have the two dance parties and the two parades and the trick or treat stations are the same as last year more or less. Hope that helps.:wave:

DisneyGigi

has anybody seen any halloween tee shirts?

Yes I did see shirts. Also there is a really cute bag with a Mickey Ghost & Halloween 2008 that you can get at the resorts for 10.00 when you spend 40.00. Pins and I believe a frame available and really cute mickey ears that I saw when I was there the 5th.

Goofynana

Original Poster
:sohappy:eek:ooh - I can't wait - I almost enjoy the specialty shopping that night more than the other stuff - frame, tote bag is a must, (I am a tote bag junky), t-shirt, maybe something for people at work - geez I can go on and on. Has anyone tried the Photopass for that night? And how was that? We have dinner res. for 6:40 that night - I think we may have to skip that one - not a good one anyway - too much other stuff going on to do and places to see!!! Heard alot about the headless horseman - can't wait to see him!! Getting excited!!!:lol:

bgraham34

I was there the 16th and saw no special merchanside to speak of. I did see a cool Skeleton with chattering mouth that hung around your neck. The crowds were not bad. Longest wait i had was waiting for the boat going back to WL.

Raychul

I saw the cool new pins, and plushies, also the chattering teeth skeleton neck thing is pretty cool.

The Boo To You parade is now my favorite WDW parade. The crowds were VERY light and the there was plenty of trick-or-treating locations. The lines to see the characters were very short too...but all of the dance party locations were packed when I walked by!

This was my first MNSSHP and I will definitely be going back again next year. It's a lot of fun!

I might be wrong but it looked to me like there were 1 on 2 more trick 'r' treat locations this year. This will be our second time going to the party (we went last year) as we think it's fantastic. In the UK, Halloween isn't really celebrated here so it's nice to see somewhere where it's made a big deal out of.

Plus you can't go wrong with a WALK ON for Peter Pan!

glingo

We were there on both the 16th and 19th. Both nights were great. You could walk on most rides without a wait and the Parade and Fireworks were awesome! No real special merchandise. There were pins, but none that were only available at the event. We ended up purchasing ours at the Pin store in Downtown. The light up faces were pretty cool.

Bug715

We were there on both the 16th and 19th. Both nights were great. You could walk on most rides without a wait and the Parade and Fireworks were awesome! No real special merchandise. There were pins, but none that were only available at the event. We ended up purchasing ours at the Pin store in Downtown. The light up faces were pretty cool.

Then you missed them. There are exclusive pins that are released for the party. They can only be found in Exposition Hall, Uptown Jewlers, and the place in Frontierland. They go on sale at 7pm and a new pin is released every week.

Goofynana

Original Poster
You know - thinking about it - the pins - it just doesn't seem that fair to release a different pin each week - I wouldn't think many people are there each week to get the new pin - But I guess that is how they make money!! And really how many do they really need for Halloween? It would seem that a couple or so would be enough - then you could get them all!!

Bug715

You know - thinking about it - the pins - it just doesn't seem that fair to release a different pin each week - I wouldn't think many people are there each week to get the new pin - But I guess that is how they make money!! And really how many do they really need for Halloween? It would seem that a couple or so would be enough - then you could get them all!!

Its better than releasing one at each party like they use to. For the people who have to have all of them they sell a framed set that is shipped to your house for free. I noticed that they have a lot more general halloween party pins out this year than last year. I guess they release so many so that there is at least one that everyone likes so people will buy them.

Goofynana

Original Poster
Halloween costumes

Another question - do ya'll find many people "costuming" for the Halloween party? If so, are the adults and what are they wearing??

Bug715

Last year most of the kids and a ton of adults had costumes. Last year my family and I didn't do costumes but this year my friend and I are. The costumes are mainly disney but there were so many I can't even start to name them. The best I saw were a little kid dressed up as a tumble monkey from FOLK and a family who were every character from HM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom