Not so great CBR visit 09/10-09/12

First off, this report is mostly negative. If you can't handle that STOP HERE- EXIT NOW,I will try to keep to the facts and explain my position. My wife baby and I arrive at the CBR at 4:15 Friday,checking in was great and fast. The guy at the desk makes the remark, your fridge is in the room as you requested and blah blah blah.Barbados building 12. We go to the room and neither key works. I drive back to the desk and he has a maintance cast member meet me at our room ( waited 20 minutes) sure enough my keys still don't work and he gives me 2 replacements. In the room there is no fridge and it smells dank and mildewy. I call the front desk and they say someone will come right out with a fridge and air freshner...no other rooms are currently available to switch. By now its almost 5 so we head to dinner, we go to DTD Marketplace and eat at Earl of sandwich,very good and I was excited to finally eat there. We walk around go back to the room about 7:30 to find still no fridge or deodorant. I call again and they send a guy with the fridge but he knows nothing about the deodorant. The room was in overall poor shape it was dirtier than most Disney hotels and EVERYTHING was more "worn" than I expect. The hotel is very empty. Maybe 10%-15% filled in my area but "no other rooms are available" that really started to bother me. Sit down to watch TV...the remote doesn't work. I take the batteries from my Sony digital camera(AA'S) and it works again. The TV barely plays it so grainy it was ridiculous but I couldn't call to get a new one because my baby had to get to sleep by 8 and I knew it would take longer than that for them to switch it. Saturday morning head to Publix to get a few things, picked up air freshner-FOR THE ROOM, soda, diapers,etc... go back to the room and get ready for a day at EPCOT. Before we left at 10 I called maintance and explained my TV needed to be replaced because it was very grainy. Went to Epcot had great time went back to the room to change at 4 o clock still no TV called again, the person I spoke to barely spoke English and I explained the TV must be replaced before 9 because we had a baby who could not be disturbed and who would be going to sleep as soon as we returned after illuminations. We went back to Epcot had a great time got back about 9:45 and guess what..........NO new TV, but there was a pack and play in the middle of the floor confirming the fact that the person I spoke to earlier had NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. I couldn't wait for someone to fix the TV because the baby had to sleep. 2 nights with NO TV, I AM FURIOUS. Also we were awaken by the maid at 8:15, after 2 quick knocks she opened the door and luckily I had the door blocker on because she just full force opened it and would have seen me and my wife half naked. The slam stop of the door woke the baby and any hope I had of sleeping in til 9. I have stayed at CBR at least 10 times and I am so mad I am considering canceling my 7 day stay in November. .I hope this is not the way things are heading.

Mimi04

I wounder why they didn't tell you that CBR was being used to house the Red Cross. I really sorry to hear that your resort experience was bad! I'm staying at CS next week and hope the service is much better than that. Hey, at least you enjoyed the parks! :)

LadyDarling

Mimi04 said:
I wounder why they didn't tell you that CBR was being used to house the Red Cross. I really sorry to hear that your resort experience was bad! I'm staying at CS next week and hope the service is much better than that. Hey, at least you enjoyed the parks! :)

Be sure to post your experience for us please! We'd love to hear more! :) Sometimes we only hear the bad things about a certain place/thing (and sometimes there is nothing good to say about it other than the toilet flushed and there was a roof over your head), but I'd like to see if it's really going down hill or if there are just a couple of stinky rooms floating around.

31daysatwdw

We had a hard time with our Do not disturb sign people kept stealing it, after awhile my mom scratched a design in one and sure enough it was in our neighbors door,

poteat_3177

this forum is kinda scaring me, I've got plans to stay the the carribean resort in may.. sounds like it's not the disney experience that people expect.
maybe I should swith to another moderate resort - but the others just didn't seem to impress my son.

Nemo14

this forum is kinda scaring me, I've got plans to stay the the carribean resort in may.. sounds like it's not the disney experience that people expect.
maybe I should swith to another moderate resort - but the others just didn't seem to impress my son.
This thread is 3 years old!!!!!!

The Mom

Premium Member

As others have mentioned, this thread is 3 years old. The CBR has had renovations since then, and the resort was also full way back then thanks to all of the hurricanes that came through Florida that year. Both evacuees and emergency personel were staying at WDW.

And thanks to all of the storms, things were damp and smelly for a while. I spent a fortune on damp rid and air deodorizers that autumn. :lol:

Yes... the thread is old... but having just returned from CBR last week I would suggest it is still appropriate to diss this horrible horrible resort.

Our nightmare began with check-in... no room ready so we wait, and wait (I thought check-in was 3:00pm but apparently that is more of a suggestion)... finally we get a room... we arrive at it and its made for handicapped guests (short bed, no doors on the bath room)... a phone call and we are told someone will call us back they are on another line.... 45 minutes later no call so we call back, now they tell us they are sending over a key to a new room.... 30 minutes later I call again and am told a runner has it and is on his way... 1 hour later no key yet... I call back and they tell me oh no the runner never picked it up it waiting at the front check-in area... I go get it because I'm tired of waiting an we are apparently at the bottom of the barrel as far as they care... we get it and go to room number 2.... The only problem is it absolutely knocks you over with the smell of smoke, and the fact that the room hasn't been made up it still got a card and picture for another family sitting on the table.... Return to front desk... their solution is to give me a can of air freshner (non-starter when you have a kid with asthma, I guess their solution to a rape victim crying for help would be to turn up your TV and ignore it)... 1 supervisor and 30 minutes more of my time and I get room number 3.... Its livable with no smells so we take it (its now past 8:00 and we've wasted over 4 hours trying to get a room that should have been ready more than 5 hours ago)... But hey... let CBR add a little salt to the wound... they knock 25 dollars off the total bill ( as we are a family of 4 I guess they figure our time is only worth $1.50/hour, Is that what they pay most CM's?)... But wait... the service from h&^l isn't over... That night I make the mistake of calling the "front desk" and asking where I can get some Tums... "Come to the front and we can fix you up"... I go to the front... it is empty... no one... just a guy dumping trash... finally a CM shows up (going to work I think)... I'm told nope... we don't have any of that stuff here, go to the Hess station down the road.... I asked why I was told by the "front desk" to come to the front for it... I'm told the "front desk" isn't really the front desk its just a call center somewhere else (he doesn't say where, I have to wonder if it might be outsourced to another country).... And so our journey continues... We now know not to expect anything in terms of service so we go about our life trying to avoid anything staff here... We carefully stick the little don't bother us card in the door so no one will bother our room.... and each night when we get back we find that the maid has graciously ignored it and made the beds as she saw fit and moved things as she saw fit.... This goes on for 3 days before we just give up and accept that she either can't read or doesn't care what the guest actually wants... and then its time to leave... imagine our surprise when the maid shows up 2 hours till check-out and knocks on the door trying to see if we are gone... this happens over and over until we finally leave... never mind the fact that we were not afforded our room in a timely fashion they make no bones about trying to shove you out as soon as possible.

So while I can't complain about the smell in all the rooms... I can attest to the lack of service at the CBR that makes it my number one resort to avoid anywhere in the free world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom