Not another Hat Thread AKA Will the Hat be gone by the end of this year?

HMF

Original Poster
I recently saw a photo on a site which shall not be named from the recent Give a Day Get a Day event showing a can with the 4 WDW icons on it. However one of the icons is a certain Tower not a certain Hat.:animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

It would be pleasing if you could link to said visual image.

And yes, I would hope so and think so. They want the Hat gone by 2011, I think. It had a lifespan of 10 years, after all, much like the Wand.

Wandy got the boot early though, thanks to our friends at Seimens.

SirGoofy

I recently saw a photo on a site which shall not be named from the recent Give a Day Get a Day event showing a can with the 4 WDW icons on it. However one of the icons is a certain Tower not a certain Hat.:animwink:

We can only hope!

:sohappy:

AEfx

I was there when they were building the monstrosity in the Summer of '01, and I'd be more than pleased to see it being torn down in the Summer of '11. :)

Pic?

I'm a fan of the hat.... and if they change the icon [AGAIN] change it to the theatre, the arch, or the Earful Tower-- NOT Tower of Terror... Or were you talking about The Earful Tower?

Hobnail Boot

cans.png

Thought I'd add that this belongs to nbodyhome. I just trimmed the edges to get rid of the "fluff."

SirGoofy

Oh, not bad! :sohappy: Thanks! :D

Like it very much. I would have SSE and CC trade spots, though. SSE is a great backdrop for something shaped like the Castle.

Does look good.

But more importantly, the African Queen is on TV right now. It's the movie the JC was partially based on.:D:lookaroun

imagineer boy

I was there when they were building the monstrosity in the Summer of '01, and I'd be more than pleased to see it being torn down in the Summer of '11. :)

I was there at that time too! I remember driving up to DHS on the bus and thinking "what the hell is that giant hat doing there!?" :lol:

AEfx

I was there at that time too! I remember driving up to DHS on the bus and thinking "what the hell is that giant hat doing there!?" :lol:

I actually saw them digging the hole! :)

I had no idea what was coming, or that the view when you walk into the park would be so tarnished.

A lot of things that Disney fans typically get worked up about don't really phase me, but I have to say that hat ruining the view to the Chinese theater is easily the single most annoying thing at WDW that isn't attributed to crowds. :)

Captain Hank

I wouldn't look to much into it, at least as far as the artwork on the volunteer cans. Most, if not all, of the artwork on them was recycled from merchandise, both old and new. I'm 99% sure that 4 parks icon appeared on the WDW Coffee for a while before 100 Years of Magic came along. The Goofy artwork is lifted from the Goofy's Candy Co. logo, while the Mickey with a paintbrush is from the multi-colored cocoa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom