Norway Ride

What Do You Think About The Norway Log Flume Ride?

• It was great

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • It was O.K.

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • It was bad

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I couldn't stand it

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Nicole

Pixie Duster said:
Ya know kids, there are some people who CAN'T STAND thrill. I am sick of thrill. I am sick of it taking over my parks. Now sure we need thrill for those folks that like thrills, and I know there is a lot of you out there. However, there needs to be balance. So those classic rides that some people find boring need to stay so that people like me, and there is a great deal of us, can enjoy themselves too.

Thank you.

Thank YOU Pixie Duster! I agree with you and would have given you a rep point but I've obviously given you one too recently.

Calamar

I love Maelstrom -- it's one of the highlights of the International Showcase, and the trolls, oil rigs, and vikings are great. Now, as for the movie, I was among those who instantly sprinted for the exit the moment the doors opened. I shall do so no longer! During my most recent Epcot visit, I viewed the Norway video, and I must say that it is <i>hilarious</i>. Sure, it also does an excellent job of showcasing the allure of Norway, but you should note that at the beginning of the video <b>a longship full of vikings attacks an oil rig</b>. That alone is comedy gold. Then, a helicopter from the oil rig spots the vikings in the water and alerts the oil rig personnel. Watch the video again with an open mind, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

barnum42

Nicole said:
I've obviously given you one too recently.
Wish I could have said the same with regard to our little Pixie Duster :lookaroun

Ohh Beeeeee-hay-vuh :D

(Guess who just watched Autin Powers? :lol: )

J

joviacdan

I personally love both the Melstrom AND El Rio De Tiempo.

I'd say on a given trip, I'll ride both at least 3 or 4 times.

Alot of people like Universe Of Energy, where as whenever I go on it... :snore:

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

raven

phichi17 said:
...(I) just don't like getting stuck waiting for the movie and those awfully uncomfortable chairs.

You mean waiting 5 minutes for an optional 5 minute movie sitting on padded seats? Unlike waiting an hour for a 20 minute movie on hard, uncomfortable benches in It's Tough to Be A Bug. :lol: You'll have to pick on another area of the attraction to do better. After all, this is a very old ride and most things in the "world" have been added or updayed since then. But none the less, it's still an attraction that a lot people love. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree WDW has plenty of thrill rides. After EE opens ever park will have at least two thrill rides. I would love to see some more rides like HM and PoTC built in the near future.

WendyDarling

Master Yoda said:
It is fair at best…and if you think it is the worst ride at EPCOT then you have obviously never been on Mexico’s ride.

:eek: I love the Mexico boat ride. I play the song from it over and over at work sometimes from the WDW website. And sometimes during my lunch break at work, I go on the ride. How can you not like the Mexico boat ride??

surfsupdon

And with the updated movie forthcoming, that may prevent more Guests from running through the theater. I know I want to see the new film.

Again, the mystical land re-created with the trolls is quite eerie and always a fun attraction. As I said earlier, Maelstrom mixes a nice blend of fantasy and myth with truth in a nice storyline, and adds elements of thrill and counterbalances the thrill with detailed scenes of folklore. It is a great attraction.

mikeymouse

I luv the ride, but it needs to be longer. Of course, I remember when there wasn't a Norway pavilion, period. And it doesn't need FASTPASS.

Epcot82Guy

Define thrill...

I agree that Maelstrom could use a lengthening, but the only way that coul possibly happen would be to improve the very beginning and that would only allow a short addition. The backstage space simply doesn't allow it.

On the note of thrill, I am a HUGE thrill fan, and I welcome any addition with Thrill to WDW. HOWEVER, I think "thrill" carries a very different defintion than sometimes utilized. Thrill does not have to stem only from fear psychology. It can be accomplished by beautiful sets, great music, etc. I would argue some of the most thrilling attractions at WDW include Haunted Mansion, Horizons, and Illuminations:ROE. Thrill comes from emotions, and those can be of many types. Granted, RnRC, ToT, and, from what I have heard, M:S are all great rides that utilized traditional fear-based "thrill." To say that something is not thrilling because it doesn't have a long drop, or loops or speed is unfounded, though. Disney was built on utlimate quality attractions that presented an incredible show. That feeling of excitement inside is thrill, and incredible "show" makes that with or without physical forces.

Laura

Premium Member
BG Rugger said:
I like it. More along the lines of a "classicall" WDW ride such as Peter Pan ot Its a Small World. Not super fast or technologically advanced but an enjoyable time. The post show movie on the other hand.......... :hammer:

My thoughts exactly. I don't like it because it's anything that awesome, I like it because it brings back all those warm childhood Disney memories. I could never hate a classic! :) (And I always skip the movie afterwards by walking straight through!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom