Norway Ride

What Do You Think About The Norway Log Flume Ride?

• It was great

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • It was O.K.

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • It was bad

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I couldn't stand it

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Nicole

I like the ride, but also feel it's too short. I would also like it if there was more narration especially during the first part of the ride.

I'm also one who really likes the movie. I think it's beautiful and makes me want to visit Norway (which I suppose is the point) though that part at the beginning where the little boy reaches out to touch the ship then BAM you have noisy sailors always startles me.

I also like El Rio del Tiempo except for the parts of the guys dancing on the video screens. Why oh why couldn't they have sprung for AAs there? It could have been so cool to see "dioramas" of Mexican culture/clothing/villages from various parts of history.

Miss Bell

Should I be embarassed to admit that this ride scares me a little--I always think we're going to go backwards out of the building. This is definitely not my favorite ride, but I wil always on, if there is not too long a line.

General Grizz

Miss Bell said:
Should I be embarassed to admit that this ride scares me a little--I always think we're going to go backwards out of the building. This is definitely not my favorite ride, but I wil always on, if there is not too long a line.
It's not something to be embarassed about; it's what the Imagineers wanted us to feel. :D

imagineer boy

General Grizz said:
"Norway, is, and always will be! adventure!"

:D

*GASP!* How dare you utter those words! I was stuck on the end of the ride before we reached the unloading area and the spiel kept going over and over and over and over... GGGGAAAAHHH!!!!!! :eek: :cry: :cry: :brick:

raven

"You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last."

Maelstrom is one of my #1 favorite rides at Epcot, and not just because I'm Norwegian either. Although I wish it were longer, it still has some exciting elements to it. I try to go everytime I visit the park. :wave:

General Grizz

imagineer boy said:
*GASP!* How dare you utter those words! I was stuck on the end of the ride before we reached the unloading area and the spiel kept going over and over and over and over... GGGGAAAAHHH!!!!!! :eek: :cry: :cry: :brick:

Ha! :lol:

Better than "step out to your left please. . . please step out to your left. . . " :lookaroun

Indy95

I always admired the intention of the ride (it was the first real thrill at Epcot), and I have a tremendous respect for the amount of theming that was done in such a small space. However, it needs some serious updating, with more special effects. An example would be the Oil Rig scene, where they could have some SCARY storm effects. You get the idea. And PLEASE lengthen the ride! One last thing, I never understood why they have Fastpass for that attraction. The line was never really that long in the first place (but then again neither was HM's so I guess that isn't a factor to these management types).

nmj91385

Love the ride! I always sneak out so i don't have to see the post-show. I agree though I don't understand why the line is always so blasted long. I had to use a fastpass last time just so my family would go on it.

I don't hate the ride, I just don't like it, here are some reasons.

1. The obvious reason is it's too short.

2. After the drop there is a whole line of scenary that you can't enjoy because your boat is going too fast.

3. The scenary is nice, but there is no cohesive story. It's just like you look at one scene, and another scene that are connected, just not directy. Makes me feel like I'm in a museum.

4. For those of you who think the mexico ride trivializes the culture, how about trolls and vikings.

5. The loading area is very bland. If it was more like the unloading area it would atleast give us something to look at while we wait in line.

El Rio Del Tiempo on the other hand is GREAT, and highly under rated. There is just something so magical about it. Is it subdate, yes. Is it simple, of course, but the best disney rides are these things. It just reminds me of Epcot as it once was.

Maelstrom could have been great. I can't remember is they utilize northern lights, but that would be cool if not, and they could have basically done a POTC but with Vikings, but I doubt they have room to expand even if they wanted to.

loribeth

egionet said:
I hate this ride only because I'm really scared of the trolls. I know it sounds crazy. But I rode it once and was so scared that I just won't go on it again. IMO, trolls are very scary!!!

I feel the same way. I was hesitant to ride it but went on anyway. I think I had my eyes closed more than I had them opened. I honestly don't know if I'd ever go on it again.

Sledge

Account Suspended
How long was this ride? From what I remember it seems like it was 45 seconds. I remember going up, backing up over the waterfall thingy, then going like 10 feet and seeing the trolls then dropping. Is there more to it than that? That's all I remember.

barnum42

nmj91385 said:
I don't understand why the line is always so blasted long. I had to use a fastpass last time just so my family would go on it.
And that would be why they have fastpass - the ride has long lines :D

Personally I like the ride, even though it is a tad short. I also like the film.

DisneyFan 2000

BrerWolf said:
I really don't understand why this ride has FASTPASS.

Well, maybe you don't like it but many guests enjoy this ride (me being one of them). It's one of my favorites..
I also like El Rio de El Tiempo! :D

phichi17

I love this ride (the trolls made me say this or I would disappear, disappear...:lookaroun )!

Honestly, I like the ride, just don't like getting stuck waiting for the movie and those awfully uncomfortable chairs.

imagineer boy

Sledge said:
How long was this ride? From what I remember it seems like it was 45 seconds. I remember going up, backing up over the waterfall thingy, then going like 10 feet and seeing the trolls then dropping. Is there more to it than that? That's all I remember.

Basicly you go up the lift with neat lighting effects to give the sence of going back in time ( "Ye are not de first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last.") and the narration continues throught the journey. You go through a harbor scene seeing ancient locals and vikings trading goods and loading ships. In the next scene the three headed troll pops up ( Back! Back! Over de falls!" ) you still face the trolls forward, but a little trun table turns the boat so that the back end is facing the water fall which you go over backwards ( really short drop ) and you go into the Artic and the North sea where you see ( very fake looking ) animatronic polar bears and puffins. You are still going backwards and you look behind you, and you can see a water fall that goes outside ( which can be seen outside of the attraction ) and you're backing into it! But another plant-like troll pops up and the boat turns the boat on another turn table facing another drops which you go down. The next scene is where you see a giant oil rig in a big storm with waves splashing around. You then head into the exit which is nicely themed as a large harbor and seaside village at night time. Where you exit into the bad movie. ( which you can skip if you like ).

And remember, "Norways spirit has been. Be! Always be! Adventure!"

Pixie Duster

BrerWolf said:
as a matter of a fact...I have been on the Mexico ride, and it's pretty lame. those two (maelstrom and mexio ride) are probbably two of the most boring rides, simply because there is no "thrill" to those rides.(and the mexico ride is just another version of "It's A Small World", just mexican style)

Ya know kids, there are some people who CAN'T STAND thrill. I am sick of thrill. I am sick of it taking over my parks. Now sure we need thrill for those folks that like thrills, and I know there is a lot of you out there. However, there needs to be balance. So those classic rides that some people find boring need to stay so that people like me, and there is a great deal of us, can enjoy themselves too.

Thank you.

dxwwf3

Pixie Duster said:
Ya know kids, there are some people who CAN'T STAND thrill. I am sick of thrill. I am sick of it taking over my parks. Now sure we need thrill for those folks that like thrills, and I know there is a lot of you out there. However, there needs to be balance. So those classic rides that some people find boring need to stay so that people like me, and there is a great deal of us, can enjoy themselves too.

Thank you.

Exactly! BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE! There has to be thrill rides in Disney parks right now because they are usually the best attractions and thrill rides are popular right now. But we have to have some classic Disney rides for everyone else. When my grandparents were healthy enough to go to WDW they always enjoyed the slow moving boat rides. And that's great because Disney does have attractions that can be enjoyed by EVERYONE. But there also needs to be balance in all the parks (Basically I mean that the Magic Kingdom should have more adult based attractions and Epcot should have another kiddie attraction or two).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom