Norway Ride

What Do You Think About The Norway Log Flume Ride?

• It was great

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • It was O.K.

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • It was bad

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I couldn't stand it

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

BrerWolf

Original Poster
I was wondering what you all think about the Norway log flume ride. Personally, I thought it was one of the worst rides in Epcot. I really don't understand why this ride has FASTPASS.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is fair at best…and if you think it is the worst ride at EPCOT then you have obviously never been on Mexico’s ride.

General Grizz

Master Yoda said:
It is fair at best…and if you think it is the worst ride at EPCOT then you have obviously never been on Mexico’s ride.
Now that's not very nice. :)

I love Maelstrom. Will I wait thirty minutes for it? No, but I'm also a local. If there's no line, I'd ride it several times in a row.

Something charming and original about it that keeps you going back, no matter how oudated it really is. :)

BG Rugger

I like it. More along the lines of a "classicall" WDW ride such as Peter Pan ot Its a Small World. Not super fast or technologically advanced but an enjoyable time. The post show movie on the other hand.......... :hammer:

BrerWolf

Original Poster
as a matter of a fact...I have been on the Mexico ride, and it's pretty lame. those two (maelstrom and mexio ride) are probbably two of the most boring rides, simply because there is no "thrill" to those rides.(and the mexico ride is just another version of "It's A Small World", just mexican style)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don’t dislike either ride. I go on both every time I am at EPCOT…but I understand why people think that they are “lame”. Many people think PoTC, small world etc fit into the same lame category but I love all the rides at Disney.

Lynx04

I actually enjoy this ride. It may not be the most hightech attraction on site but one of my fav. At least there is a ride in Norway, you don't see rides in other countries (except Mexico)

egionet

I hate this ride only because I'm really scared of the trolls. I know it sounds crazy. But I rode it once and was so scared that I just won't go on it again. IMO, trolls are very scary!!!

surfsupdon

Maelstrom is great.

The scenery and themeing is a lot of fun, and I always think it is a wee bit eerie. Folklore is always fun, especially when you wonder if it could be true. I enjoy the special effects, and the Norwegians that greet me and put me in the ships (my heritage :cool: )

It's also one of the only rides with drops my Norwegian grandmother rides; it mixes a nice array of "thrill" with story telling and gentleness to compensate for the little drops.

In addition from the ride being short, I also do not like how the ride exit funnels into the gift shop when you are a patron in the gift shop. When I am shopping and and the theater lets out, it gets PACKED in that store, especially now that they closed the exits off, except for the far one, forcing ALL to walk trhough the store. It's just too much and you cannot enjoy yourself.

I love that high seas Norwegian Adventure. :xmas:

pepper2028

I might be by myself on this one but the post show movie is one of the main reasons I ride the Norway attraction, call me crazy..it alway makes me want to visit Norway.......Disney producers say "job well done" and In 6 days I myself will be waiting in line just to see that great little movie again!

SirNim

I simply adore both rides.

They really should have turned WS into a "Rivers of the World" sort of deal. They should have gone ahead with the Rhine River cruise, they should have gone ahead with the Canadian river rapids attraction, they should have put a real gondola attraction in Italy, as opposed to gondolas docked on the "island" with the barber poles.

They should have.

They could have.

But they didn't.

I'm content with what we've got, though, in Mexico and Norway. Great cultural representations, although somewhat skewed and outdated. Gives you a sense of the countries, though. A+.

mrtoad

I like the ride, I just don't like that you become trapped at the unloading until the movie ends. You kind of just have to hang out.

DisneyJill

Maelstrom has a FP b/c they wanted FP to be spread out in all the areas of the parks...Same reason that it is on Living with the Land. When they added FP to Living with the Land, they actually removed a few of the boats so the standby line would be longer, thus promoting FP. *shrugs* Seems silly to me.

dxwwf3

I, personally, can't stand Maelstrom. I think it is one half of a good ride, but the other half is not to be found. And the film is always skipped by anyone who has seen it before. Not a good sign. The only way I ride Maelstrom is if there is no wait and we are killing time before Illuminations. Other than that I usually skip it.

General Grizz

mrtoad said:
I like the ride, I just don't like that you become trapped at the unloading until the movie ends. You kind of just have to hang out.
True, but it's a VERY nice environment. :)

P.S. For those who didn't know, expect the film to change next year. . .

MonoRon

Those who seek the spirit of Norway...

Maelstrom is one of my favorite rides at EPCOT. Everytime I go it is a must do on my list...in my personal opinion Maelstrom is one of those rides that you just have to do.

Now the Mexico ride...:snore: ...but I still go on that too everytime I go.

General Grizz

MonoRon said:
Those who seek the spirit of Norway...

Maelstrom is one of my favorite rides at EPCOT. Everytime I go it is a must do on my list...in my personal opinion Maelstrom is one of those rides that you just have to do.

Now the Mexico ride...:snore: ...but I still go on that too everytime I go.
"Norway, is, and always will be! adventure!"

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom