Norway Movie Seating ... Is this a cultural thing?

ciscobee

Original Poster
Honestly,... the movie at Norway has the most uncomfortable seating on the property. The \|/ shaped backs on the bench are just wrong. So I was thinking that this must be a cultural thing. Maybe all chairs in Norway are like this. Imagine sitting through Lord of the Rings in this type of seating!

It's great for the chiropractic business! :)

lifeguard1020

I feel guilty...

I saw the movie the first year it was open...and that's it...
we've been walking quickly through tthe theater ever since...LONG before they were making an announcement saying that you COULD walk through if you WANTED to...
Now i feel a little bit guilty about it...
and now that you mentioned it, I do believe the uncomfortable seating had a bit to do with our decision to pass by...
It's hard to think of a -less- comfortable place to sit on the property...

Dan

SwampFox

Norway Movie Seating

We did the movie last week. The design is definitely something found at IKEA. I didn't find it uncomfortable, but for some people it might take some getting used to.

disnyfan89

lifeguard1020 said:
I saw the movie the first year it was open...and that's it...
we've been walking quickly through tthe theater ever since...LONG before they were making an announcement saying that you COULD walk through if you WANTED to...
Now i feel a little bit guilty about it...
and now that you mentioned it, I do believe the uncomfortable seating had a bit to do with our decision to pass by...
It's hard to think of a -less- comfortable place to sit on the property...

Dan
how about its a small world :lol:

Number_6

I actually watched the movie a couple of times recently just for the sake of nostalgia. I hadn't seen it in years and when I was done watching it, I couldn't help but notice the 80s fashions that were worn in the movie since that's how old it is. The seats aren't the greatest, but I've sat at worse.

Pioneer Hall

I have seen the movie once, and now always walk right though. I believe the Norweigen Travel Board is working with Disney to create a new movie. I believe that their Disney project costs the majority of their tourism money and they want to make sure that it actually tries to bring people to the country at this point. So hopefully there will actually be something in their that people will want to watch (now if they could only make Maelstrom more of the ride it was supposed to be :animwink: )

WDWScottieBoy

DisneyInsider said:
So hopefully there will actually be something in their that people will want to watch (now if they could only make Maelstrom more of the ride it was supposed to be :animwink: )

I personally don't mind the seats, I'm all about that movie. I love Norway (it's got some cute blondes there :lol: ) and the movie is excellent. I can't pass up Maelstrom as it's an excellent ride as well. I think of all the times I've been on it, I've passed the movie up once. I'm anxious to see/hear if they are working on a new one. That would be awesome as the one they have now is getting a bit dated.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I actually like the movie. But I'm drawn to historical and informational type things. Thats why I hate to see EPCOT turned into "just another thrill park".

WDWScottieBoy

hakunamatata said:
I actually like the movie. But I'm drawn to historical and informational type things. Thats why I hate to see EPCOT turned into "just another thrill park".

Perfectly said, I'm a huge history buff as well and love seeing things like this. If they took away all the educational and cultural things at Epcot, I'd be so saddened by it.

ciscobee

Original Poster
Couldn't they be cultural and comfortable! ... maybe they could make a theater full of Stressless recliners and ottomans. Those are from Norway I think.

Anyway ... it's probably just a biproduct of the 80'ish environment that the pavillion was built during. I mean truthfully, Spaceship Earth has got some rough seating too ... just straight plastic from head to toe. The seats on the TTA People Mover are comfy .... why not splurge for the vinyl! :)

So what other uncomfortable seating is there?

DisJosh

ciscobee said:
Couldn't they be cultural and comfortable! ... maybe they could make a theater full of Stressless recliners and ottomans. Those are from Norway I think.

Anyway ... it's probably just a biproduct of the 80'ish environment that the pavillion was built during. I mean truthfully, Spaceship Earth has got some rough seating too ... just straight plastic from head to toe. The seats on the TTA People Mover are comfy .... why not splurge for the vinyl! :)

So what other uncomfortable seating is there?

I can't think of any uncomfortable seats....just stinky seats. Splash mountains seats reek! :hurl:

WDWScottieBoy

DisJosh said:
I can't think of any uncomfortable seats....just stinky seats. Splash mountains seats reek! :hurl:

Not only do the seats smell, but the handles do too. Have you ever smelled your hand after holding onto that? :hurl: I HAVE to wash my hands after that one, you can smell it when your hands aren't even close to your face. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom