Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
billybluenose said:
I can't speak for the others, but I can tell you that the Virgin Megastore makes alot of money for WDW. The rent is based on sales so the better it does, the better WDW does.

Yes, I think you are very confused. The art store isn't open yet and there is no recording studio.

You've drifted. The rumor isn't that P.I. will be demolished, only a portion of it. And if you've never seen anyone buying anything on the Westside, then you must be staring at the pretty lights because everyone of those shops does well. Even the magnet store which baffles me daily.

-Billy

I loves me some magnets!

GoofyFreek

So since AC seems to the more popular club you would be disappointed if they tore it down and built one twice or three times its size? No one knows for sure what will be built there.

And for the person that says why build more where the parking lot is cause its so far away ?? Well then I guess the same thing could have been said for Westside. I have seen several people walk all the way around PI during the day just to get over to the WS.

Ill use the famous movie lines "If you build it, they will come"

And yes majority of the clubs on PI property are leased properties. Disney going towards this direction more and more. So I wouldn't doubt if you see a whole new WS being built with with outside vendors coming in and setting up.

My Take

As someone who spends a great deal of time at Downtown Disney (approx. 2000 hours a year), I think that this would be a GREAT benefit to the businesses on Westside and WDW in general.

The Marketplace is busy daily, the restaurants on the Westside are busy daily, but P.I. and the shops on Westside are not busy daily. Mixing restaurants and shops into Pleasure Island would encourage guests to shop all the way across Downtown Disney istead of staying on one side. As Motion and the R&R Beach Club are not real popular (compared to Man. and 8 Trax) it would make the most sense to replace those first. Especially since it would open up a view to the water area which I don't even think you can see from 99% of P.I. (which eliminates the "island" feel).

Progress is good and I don't suspect WDW will make such a drastic move until they are absolutely sure of the out come.

So, :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: on this one!

-Billy

Not so stupid.

tn1999 said:
stupid stupid stupid. when something is not performing, do u make cuts or make enhancements?

You make improvements.

If that means replacing something that isn't performing (clubs) with something that is (restaurants), then so be it.

-Billy

Epcot82Guy

I do think this is jumping the gun just a bit. First off, I think Disney has somewhat learned its lesson about overkill (although not to the level it should have). If you FILL PI with themed restaurants, they will not fill up. Therefore, it makes more sense to diversify the offerings. If you keep Motion and/or Mannequins as a dance club, AC as an alternative venue, and several small venues for specialty shops, you have PLENTY of space for other activities. I miss the intimacy of the Island, but that is unfortunately long gone. Also, I think turning it into a restaurant district will not help fill in spaces. A balance works much better, and that will likely be the way it works. The only sad thing is that it is becoming more like CityWalk all the time, and that is a HUGE downgrade in my opinion.

Pongo

MousePlanet is usually pretty reliable, but I don't think I believe this one. Especially if it includes the demolition of the Adventurer's Club. There would be MANY a Disney fan upset over the loss of that one. And you would have thought that Joe Rohde might have said something about it when Rob and Scott were talking to him a few weeks ago...

I don't know. Taking down one or two of the unpopular clubs makes sense, but not an entire side of the island.

TiggersPooh

If they want PI to improve...make it for ADULTS. It was just so wierd/wrong to see parents pushing their kids around PI at 1 am. As long as Maneqquins Stays ill be ok! I love watching the reaction to the unsuspecting people that walk in! HA!

Ducky_Love

For those who have been asking, the club has been open 15 years.

I hope that the club doesn't close. It has become one of my very favorite hang-outs.. and won a dear place in my heart. It would be a sad, sad day.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adventurers_Club/
Is the best place for news related to the club. You have to have a Yahoo! ID, though.

Write your letters now, folks. :brick:

OliveMcFly

Oh my goodness...interesting. Thanks for sharing. Didn't PI become free admission but paid admission to clubs? I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

shoppingnut

I'm sure that PI is not going to be leveled and replaced with all restaurants and shops. If they did that, it would just mean they were going to allow all the folks who enjoy PI to hop onto I-4 and go to CityWalk. This is something they definitely would not want, they would not want to give anything up to UO. They are probably looking to improve the overall area to make it more attractive so more people go there.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
here's a good post from the Adventurer's Club Yahoo Group

Keith from AC Yahoo Group said:
A few, probably not helpful comments.
1. This rumor is not new. It has been around at least since Q1 of this year
and I am surprised it took this long to get out. The basic truth in it is
that the water front property is more valuable and has better views than the
other side of the street. Any big changes to PI will very likely affect
those clubs first.
2. While Joe Rhode did tell me that he does not believe the club will be
closing anytime soon, that does not mean there are no plans to do so.
If/When the time draws close he may hear of it, but the DD area is a
separate business unit from Calif. Imagineering and they are not required to
report to each other.
3. The Club does good business, especially for events. I hear this
everywhere. It may or may not mean it does well enough, or that the overhead
of operating it compares well to having places like HOB and Rainforest. I'm
sure these decisions are not based solely on attendance, and I know first
hand they do a lot of studies. As some of you can relate, the comedy clubs
are often packed, but these changes are not planed in a total vaccuum.
Factors such as profit, overhead, legal liabilities, safety, reputation, new
opportunities all come into play. The business climate, competition, and
Orlando as a city are not as they were 10 years ago. I'm sure the club will
eventually close -- sometime -- eventually. Things change at WDW all the
time as they older. PI wil lsee more changes in 2006.
4. I'm sure the performers will know before we do, as it will affect their
working arrangements the most.
5. With all the new hotel space and general park attendance up, it is a
fact that there is a restaurant shortage in WDW.
I hope when the time does finally come there will be a special party and
auction for those that love the place. For some of us it's a second
(sometimes dysfunctional) family. The PI Comedy clubs are the very BEST
venue on WDW property to see the multiple talents and improv skills of the
performers.
I always wished Disney whould franchise the club or to NY and Vegas. I
would rather see them plexi-glass in the top floor of the Adv Club and turn
it into a themed restaurant/bar or a dinner theater rather than eliminate it
or the downstairs shows. Of course then I'd need the equivalent of a
Hoop-de-Doo dinner annual pass.
The bottom line is that we will just have to wait until someone that really
knows tells us.
Keith

bigkidz895

Number_6 said:
And I'm right there with you. If that means The Adventurer's Club being taken out, I will boycott every restaurant that they put in that area no matter how good it looks.

Don't... Don't even talk like that! Who started this rumor?
Y... y... you can't take away the Adventurer's Club!!! Nooooooo!!!!!!!:eek: :cry:

Skippy

Subtracting/Adding from P.I. might be a good idea, it would probably get me to go there more, so I'm all for the idea. HOWEVER, I'd be very dissapointed with the rest of you if they took down AC, that place is awesome, something that you would only find in a place like disney. Some of the clubs and even Comedy warehouse are like things you can find in other cities, but AC is really unique. Come in a stranger, leave a little stranger! :D

Logan5

Pleasure Island

I think they just need to renovate and change the clubs around.

On a side note, who remembers The cage?

any pics?

MSTINKHERBELL01

TiggersPooh said:
If they want PI to improve...make it for ADULTS. It was just so wierd/wrong to see parents pushing their kids around PI at 1 am. As long as Maneqquins Stays ill be ok! I love watching the reaction to the unsuspecting people that walk in! HA!

HA! EXACTLY! It's soooooo funny! I was standing by the entrance and a girl and her boyfriend looked at me and said " Are you leaving too...we just found out that this place has lots of Gay people" I was like...um, no I'm not leaving but b4 you do wanna buy me a drink?:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom