Noodle Station to close again

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
"The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station will close for a two week period beginning May 22, 2005. The location is scheduled to reopen to Guests on June 5, 2005."

Well, that didn't last long.

Ziggie

I don't want to be flamed for this (after all, it's only my opinion), but I wish it would stay closed :rolleyes: There were a total of 4 people (yes, I counted all of them) over a period of nearly 1 hr 45 min. And 2 of the people were eating food they had carried over from the hot dog place on Main Street.

I just don't think the food is that good. Sorry :lookaroun

General Grizz

Ziggie said:
I don't want to be flamed for this (after all, it's only my opinion), but I wish it would stay closed :rolleyes: There were a total of 4 people (yes, I counted all of them) over a period of nearly 1 hr 45 min. And 2 of the people were eating food they had carried over from the hot dog place on Main Street.

Nah, you shouldn't be flamed, fan or no fan. [EDIT: There may or may not be any changes, thank you speck76 ;) ]

AEfx

Ziggie said:

Part of the problem is the location.

Even though they have posted sandwich board signs at the entry way from Tomorrowland, people just are having a hard time finding it.

The name isn't enough to get people there either - "noodle station" isn't enough to get many people to venture that way.

MK could certainly use some more diverse options for counter service, but I don't think this incarnation fills the bill.

AEfx

speck76

It was PACKED this last weekend....all registers open, and a long line at each. One thing that I did notice is that the service was quite slow there.....it seemed they were always waiting on the food.

Grizz, where does it say that it is changing? merf posted that it would close for 2 weeks, but nothing about it changing.

TheDisneyMagic

Every visit I would always eat there, though I must say I prefer the Name Plasa Pavilion, I don't know why I just really liked that name lol. Seems as though maybe this new Noodle terrace has been a failure, I would love them to restore the original name.

speck76

Perhaps the menu was a test to see if reopening the Adventureland Verandah as the Tahitian Terrace would work :lol:

I miss the Fried Chicken at the Adventureland Verandah

daguru

Bravesfn1 said:
Anybody try the pot stickers there? how were they? Want to try them in Oct., assuming it'll be open.

Well, if they are the same recipe and cooked the same as the Pot Stickers over at DAK, then they should be really, really good.

Pioneer Hall

There are a few problems with the noodle station that could be a cause for the problems it is having. First off, it isn't very out in the open. You can more or less miss it completely if you don't know it is there. the menu is also very selective, and you have to be willing to eat that stuff. It isn't really a place to go where everyone can get something.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'm all for new foodstuffs and variety - but the old food there was good (if typical), the noodle-stuff has been crappy at best. Much better quick serve chinese at Epcot.

AEfx

debbiedoo said:
I am happy to hear this--I wasn't thrilled with the noodle station anyway--want the plaza pavilion back

I took a look at the food - nothing jumped out at me either.

I was by there probably a dozen times in the past week (I use the connector between Tomorrowland/Main Street to avoid the hub crowds) and never saw very many people there, even at prime meal times.

The selection is <i>different</i> but isn't really appealing to a broad audience from what I observed in the last week or two. It will be interesting to see if the menu changes during the new downtime.

AEfx

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ae,

A good comparison is Epcot's Lotus Blossom Cafe. It's packed during mealtimes and has "good" quick service food. It actually offers some of the same thing, but "Different."

At Lotus, you get two smaller eggrolls of higher quality - where as at Nood Station you get a big came-out-of-a-box-from-costco style egg roll that tastes liek cardboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom