Noodle station closed till 2011??

DisneyMusician2

Yet again another year will come when I do not get to expereince the Noodle Station.

I'm always going in the off season and I have NEVER seen it open. This disappoints me because it really is something different than the standard burger or chicken fingers.

I personally wish they would have it open more often. I guess I will just have to go console myself with an extra Dole Whip :slurp:.

A dole whip is a pretty good consolation prize, though..

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yet again another year will come when I do not get to expereince the Noodle Station.

I'm always going in the off season and I have NEVER seen it open. This disappoints me because it really is something different than the standard burger or chicken fingers.

I personally wish they would have it open more often. I guess I will just have to go console myself with an extra Dole Whip :slurp:.

I've eaten at the Noodle Station twice. In addition to the view, which is quite nice, the best thing about it is that it's almost always possible to get a table, spread out and relax. Which is probably why it closes all the time!

DME

I was just at MK last week and the station was open. It was fast food. But I recall back in September of '07 that it was not fast food. There were servers and you were given a seat and it was a buffet style I believe. It was like $30 per person. Any else know what I"m taking about?

TinkerBelle8878

I think its a shame that they don't have the Noodle station as a permanent, year round, counter service. Not only is it another place to eat but it has different food from the normal burgers.

Seems shortsighted on Disney's part. Especially with all the people who get closed out of table service because of the reservations system and DDP.

tomm4004

Not enough places to eat?

Tony's Town Square
The Plaza Restuarant
The Crystal Palace
The Pirate and the Parrot
Cosmic Ray's
Pinnochio's
Rocketower Plaza
Tomorrowland Noodle Station
The Liberty Inn
Columbia Harbour House

That's not enough?

No, it's not. Pirate is never open (when we're there). Plaza has one-hour wait time. Rockettower Plaza? Have no idea what that is. Liberty Inn has character buffets, doesn't it? So does Crystal Palace. Tony's is booked out with DDP. Cosmic Ray's is not pleasant. That leaves Columbia and Pinnochio. So much for variety.

tayakaleb

we ate at the Noodle station this last december and it was just ok. but, like was previously said, it was the busiest time of year and we found a table no problem!

The MaD Hatter

No, it's not. Pirate is never open (when we're there). Plaza has one-hour wait time. Rockettower Plaza? Have no idea what that is. Liberty Inn has character buffets, doesn't it? So does Crystal Palace. Tony's is booked out with DDP. Cosmic Ray's is not pleasant. That leaves Columbia and Pinnochio. So much for variety.

Don't forget Pecos Bill's -- toppings bar, mmmmm :slurp:

PeoplemoverTTA

I was just at MK last week and the station was open. It was fast food. But I recall back in September of '07 that it was not fast food. There were servers and you were given a seat and it was a buffet style I believe. It was like $30 per person. Any else know what I"m taking about?

They've experimented with making it a priority seating eatery during peak times to handle all the guests (I saw it once last year as well...wasn't September, though).

I always cut through there when entering Tomorrowland, so it was a tad annoying that it was blocked off to traffic :D.

bingie

Rockettower Plaza is actually called the "Launching Pad" and is in the base of the Astro Orbitor Structure.

And that is variaty. Launching Pad, Cosmic Ray's, Pinnochio, Columbia, Peco's Bill - that's almost one quick serve in each land =)

tomm4004

Rockettower Plaza is actually called the "Launching Pad" and is in the base of the Astro Orbitor Structure.

And that is variaty. Launching Pad, Cosmic Ray's, Pinnochio, Columbia, Peco's Bill - that's almost one quick serve in each land =)

Thanks.

Nothing really in Adventureland, which is such a beautiful land it's a shame not to have a place to sit and enjoy it, such as the old Terrace. But again, that's what they want. To shoehorn guests into the least amount of places to maximize economies of scale. The old Adventureland Terrace was too small for Disney's current Department Store mentality.

MrBug

How about a re-theme to the noodle bar from Blade Runner
(he said while reflecting that he can't recall having actually noticed the existing noodle station)

PeoplemoverTTA

What is the Pirate and the Parrot? Where is it? Also, any ideas if they will ever reopen the old Diamond Horseshoe Revue?

The Pirate and the Parrot is the English translation for El Pirata Y El Perico, the restaurant that sits directly across from PoTC. It serves tacos and such when it's open (although when I was there in Oct. 2005, I think it was, they had it open serving BBQ chicken....the regular menu indeed is tacos and such, although the quality of the food there has changed for the worse in the past 5 or 6 years, IMO).

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Diamond Horseshoe...except that it's a shame they don't revamp it and bring it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom