Noodle station closed till 2011??

kaylasmom

I couldn't wait for the Noodle Station to open because I love Asian-fusion type food. I lived near the park and went right after it first opened. I was very disappointed in the food quality and taste. I won't miss the Noodle Station during the rehab. It's rarely open when I go anyway. It was a fabulous idea with very poor execution.

I wish they would either fix the food quality or change the restaurant altogether because it is in such a prime location that it makes a great place to eat.

EPCOT.nut

No, it's not. Pirate is never open (when we're there). Plaza has one-hour wait time. Rockettower Plaza? Have no idea what that is. Liberty Inn has character buffets, doesn't it? So does Crystal Palace. Tony's is booked out with DDP. Cosmic Ray's is not pleasant. That leaves Columbia and Pinnochio. So much for variety.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

YEPPERS this is why we take the monorail and eat at EPCOT.

The only place I eat at MK is Liberty Tree and Columbia Harbor House.

Fun2BFree

Rockettower Plaza is actually called the "Launching Pad" and is in the base of the Astro Orbitor Structure.

And that is variaty. Launching Pad, Cosmic Ray's, Pinnochio, Columbia, Peco's Bill - that's almost one quick serve in each land =)

To count the Lunching Pad among those other restaurants is insane. All it has is turkey legs, pretzels and soft drinks. I've seen vending carts with more variety. :shrug:

dsnyfreak

thats great!!!! wrestlemania 24 baby !!!!!:D[quote=The Mak;2682655]Nah, that ain't yelling, that's just a large text size.

THIS IS YELLING.

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU, BROTHER.

hulkhoganyu1.jpg
[/quote]

Foolish1

Not enough places to eat?

Tony's Town Square
The Plaza Restuarant
The Crystal Palace
The Pirate and the Parrot
Cosmic Ray's
Pinnochio's
Rocketower Plaza
Tomorrowland Noodle Station
The Liberty Inn
Columbia Harbour House

That's not enough?

OK, dumb question #1 for today from me. When was the last time anyone heard "Oh boy! I just can't wait to eat at Rocketower Plaza!"? I for one can't imagine eating there unless desperate. Yes, they do have the turkey legs. But really, would you call that a meal?

On a side note, when I went to Disneyland 3 years ago, I was quite surprised to learn that their Tomorrowland had a real restaurant in it.

The MaD Hatter

OK, dumb question #1 for today from me. When was the last time anyone heard "Oh boy! I just can't wait to eat at Rocketower Plaza!"? I for one can't imagine eating there unless desperate. Yes, they do have the turkey legs. But really, would you call that a meal?

It's pretty good if you want a turkey leg, pretzel, or a drink, but you're right, I definitely wouldn't consider it a counter service restaurant. More like a glorified food cart with tables and chairs. Still it's nice to sit in the center of Tomorrowland while enjoying your snack.

PeoplemoverTTA

It's pretty good if you want a turkey leg, pretzel, or a drink, but you're right, I definitely wouldn't consider it a counter service restaurant.

Aren't the pretzels there also "hot" versions only (jalapeño or something?). I remember I was really craving a pretzel and I was dismayed to see that they didn't sell "normal" ones there.

awalkinthepark

Do they use rice noodles or other gluten free noodles at the noodle station? I would love some variety....not that I am very good at avoiding gluten in my day to day ...but I should do feel better when I haven't had any for a day or so.

sum41914

Aren't the pretzels there also "hot" versions only (jalapeño or something?). I remember I was really craving a pretzel and I was dismayed to see that they didn't sell "normal" ones there.

Take it from a stands east CP. The pretzels there aren't "normal" as you say. Think of it as aliens have taken the "normal" pretzels and filled them with nacho cheese and cream cheese. However they are really good. I mean after looking at them day in and day out in watching them fly through the windows at the Lunching Pad, when I took my first bite into one I was like this is awesome. They have the Jalapeño cheese filled and Cream Cheese. The Jalapeño was like a pretzel with nacho cheese and the cream cheese one tasted like a bagel with cream cheese really good, they also sell those at Scuttles Landing in Fantasyland. Now to call Lunching Pad a place to actually eat lunch, is a bit iffy, you can get a few snacks and make a lunch out of it. Oh and they do offer a DDP Counter Service there, includes a Turkey Leg, Large Fountain Soda and a bag of crisps/fruit/carrots. They also offer the FCB (Frozen Carbonated Beverages) and it was always my favorite to mix flavors, so if you visit the L-Pad try a Solar Cola with some Cosmic Cherry yummy!

Alright back on topic. Im really not surprised about the Noodle Station. I had the pleasure of eating there once on my first CP in 06 and wasn't excited but I wasn't disgusted it was Noodles :shrug:. I hope they do something with that prime Wishes/Parade viewing real estate.

Wishing you a Magical Day!

-Sum

P.S. when craving a "normal" pretzel visit the Pretzel cart in Fantasy land, Liberty Square, Frontier land and seasonally in Adventure land (takes over the eggplant cart)

bork

It doesn't make sense. The MK is reaching record attendance levels and the DDP is booking up TS restaurants. But Adventerland Veranda and the Diamond Horseshoe remain closed. Aunt Poly's is seasonal and no longer serves lunches. Pirata y el Perico and Tomorrowland Terrace are seasonal.

So that's 5 fewer places than there was 15 years ago when attendance was much lower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom