Nonsensical Plot Twists in Attractions

Earlie the Pearlie

Original Poster
So many attractions have plots and plot twists that are just too convenient or incredibly random. What’s everyone’s favorite random plot twist that you can’t help but smile or grimace at? I’d say mine is either “DEMENTORS!” or most of JIIWF (“Imagination is the brain’s open house!” is somehow the line that wins over Nigel Channing?) Your thoughts?

WorldExplorer

I always think of that part of Imagination as "the part where they realized they ran out of track". I can't really blame them, given they had a small budget and were trying to retrofit a better ride onto the even worse version, but it's not good.

Anyway, I'm still trying to understand how an igaunadon would be "the key to understanding these magnificent creatures". Just say you want an igaunadon, Seeker. We understand.

osian

Imagination - yes, that bit where the tour gets diverted into Figment's upside down house, just before entering the Touch and Taste labs. Erm, the reason it gets diverted before entering the Touch and Taste labs is that even imagineers couldn't come up with a way of demonstrating those senses to the riders.

Brer Panther

Imagination - yes, that bit where the tour gets diverted into Figment's upside down house, just before entering the Touch and Taste labs. Erm, the reason it gets diverted before entering the Touch and Taste labs is that even imagineers couldn't come up with a way of demonstrating those senses to the riders.
I suppose they could've had Figment go "Say aaah!" and then squirt soda into the riders' open mouths or something.

Tom Morrow

Forbidden Journey might have the silliest "plot" of any ride. You play the role of a muggle and for some reason Hogwarts is letting you tour the place and attend a lecture. Harry, Ron, and Hermione think that you'd rather attend their Quidditch game, so they tell you to meet them in the Room of Requirement. There, you board an enchanted bench which is supposed to magically follow Harry.

Instead, you immediately get attacked by a dragon that Hagrid accidentally let loose. Harry and Ron are aware that the dragon attacked you but head to the Quidditch game anyway. Hermione saves you by guiding you from the Forbidden Forest back to the Quidditch Pitch using astral projection or something.

You arrive at the Quidditch game which is well in progress. Harry asks, "Where have you been??" Even though he literally just saw us get attacked by the dragon and abandoned us.

Dementors appear at the Quidditch game which is extremely random and nonsensical and would be a very huge deal for Hogwarts but is sort of treated as just a common annoyance. You crash into the Chamber of Secrets. In this very short time Harry managed to finish and win the Quidditch game (apparently saving you wasn't top priority for him or the rest of the school), race over, find you, and return to the school.

Upon returning, Harry thanks us and says we were brilliant even though we didn't do anything and us getting into trouble was kind of his fault in the first place.

I still love it though.

Smiley/OCD

I’ve got no beef with Tiana, but I’m really worried that the cool scary atmospheric lift hill is going to be replaced with something like “the secret ingredient was you all along! Here’s the fastest way down! Smiles happy fun time hooray!!!”
You named this nonsensical plot twists…from what I’ve seen, we’ll have to ride Tiana at least 3 times just to comprehend all the backstory…THAT’s nonsensical

Earlie the Pearlie

Original Poster
Forbidden Journey might have the silliest "plot" of any ride. You play the role of a muggle and for some reason Hogwarts is letting you tour the place and attend a lecture. Harry, Ron, and Hermione think that you'd rather attend their Quidditch game, so they tell you to meet them in the Room of Requirement. There, you board an enchanted bench which is supposed to magically follow Harry.

Instead, you immediately get attacked by a dragon that Hagrid accidentally let loose. Harry and Ron are aware that the dragon attacked you but head to the Quidditch game anyway. Hermione saves you by guiding you from the Forbidden Forest back to the Quidditch Pitch using astral projection or something.

You arrive at the Quidditch game which is well in progress. Harry asks, "Where have you been??" Even though he literally just saw us get attacked by the dragon and abandoned us.

Dementors appear at the Quidditch game which is extremely random and nonsensical and would be a very huge deal for Hogwarts but is sort of treated as just a common annoyance. You crash into the Chamber of Secrets. In this very short time Harry managed to finish and win the Quidditch game (apparently saving you wasn't top priority for him or the rest of the school), race over, find you, and return to the school.

Upon returning, Harry thanks us and says we were brilliant even though we didn't do anything and us getting into trouble was kind of his fault in the first place.

I still love it though.
I think that Disney often fails to understand that it isn’t the over-complicated story that makes an attraction good. It’s the pure experience of it. Most people don’t enjoy ROTR because they are taking part in a major Star Wars sequel trilogy battle; they enjoy it because they enjoy the experience of escaping a Star Destroyer.

Cmdr_Crimson

The strangest thing in the entire Wizarding world is Dumbledore..He's alive on the island side..But, he's dead on the studio side..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The oil rig scene of Maelstrom comes to mind. lol.

Also... Same location, Throughout the queue and the beginning of Frozen Ever After, you spend all this time singing and getting excited about a party at Elsa's Ice Palace only to immediately get kicked out and thrown down a waterfall. Kinda rude and anticlimactic if you ask me.

Goofyernmost

Indiana Jones epic stunt show..Why do we need well over 34 years of second unit footage for a 42 year old film?
Because it is fun and we should all try to remember that just because someone is a IJ fan and knows all its incarnations doesn't mean that the entire world or even the states do. I have seen only one IJ movie and that is the most recent. I don't see how a fantasy show can get old. It's not like it's current events and we can say that we don't do it that way now.

Goofyernmost

The oil rig scene of Maelstrom comes to mind. lol.

Also... Same location, Throughout the queue and the beginning of Frozen Ever After, you spend all this time singing and getting excited about a party at Elsa's Ice Palace only to immediately get kicked out and thrown down a waterfall. Kinda rude and anticlimactic if you ask me.
You have to remember that Elsa is a cold, cold woman, but it doesn't bother her anyway.

Alanzo

Hey these spider bots could potentially destroy the very area you're standing in but your two year old might could help me kill a couple of em. Get in the vehicle, child.

Brer Panther

Don't forget the incredibly non-sequitur ending where Anna and Elsa put on their Frozen Fever outfits and sing "In Summer" with Olaf for whatever reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom