Non-Disney Races

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you see the Peachtree was cancelled during the race, due to a storm?
Yep, heard about that! I’m still peeved from last year so probably won’t be doing any Atlanta Track Club events again, but feel bad for all those that had their races cut short!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yep, heard about that! I’m still peeved from last year so probably won’t be doing any Atlanta Track Club events again, but feel bad for all those that had their races cut short!

Runners need to anticipate races in the South being cancelled before or during due to weather. Especially races that don't have an early AM start. I'm just surprised it was a storm, not the blistering heat, that was the cause for the cancellation.

MoonRakerSCM

Ran the ET Full Moon Half Marathon this past weekend in Rachel, NV (near Area 51). The run started at 12:30am Sunday morning after taking a 2.5 hour bus ride from Las Vegas to the Little A'Le'Inn in Rachel, NV. Weather was nice and even a bit chilly by the time I finished. We hung out at the bar and had several well earned drinks until getting on the 6:30am bus back to the hotel in Vegas. This is an extremely unique run that I recommend as long as you're up for how different it is. They offer a 5k, 10k, half, full, and 51k where it's just you, the darkness, and the miles. The woman who runs the company is fantastic and puts a bunch of effort into each event. We've ran this run 6 years in a row.

1691725995673.jpeg

1691726022387.jpeg

MoonRakerSCM

Ran a Honey 'Mead' 5k this morning hosted by Batch Mead in Temecula, CA. A tiny run but full of heart and charm.

IMG_20230819_110307.jpg

Afterward we headed down to San Diego to grab our bibs for the America's Finest Cuty half marathon tomorrow... they finally cancelled the run around 7pm after Newsom declared a state of emergency. We'll get our medals at a later date and run it virtually. Oh well. The quiet before the storm provided a stunning sunset tonight... stay safe out there if you're in SoCal!

20230819_193741.jpg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ran a 4.7 mile race yesterday in the rain after a more than 1 week heatwave of record temps here. In the beginning of the race you could still feel the heat coming off the roads. I finally broke my record of “never being last“ (on more than one occasion 2nd or 3rd to last but never last). However this time it paid 😉. (The bag was full of goodies too).

bbd99321-aff4-4411-b87c-16f556904ea6.jpeg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ran a 4.7 mile race yesterday in the rain after a more than 1 week heatwave of record temps here. In the beginning of the race you could still feel the heat coming off the roads. I finally broke my record of “never being last“ (on more than one occasion 2nd or 3rd to last but never last). However this time it paid 😉. (The bag was full of goodies too).

View attachment 739417

Damn. runDisney needs to step up its game.

surfsupdon

Did my first SWIM event. I completed the 1.5km swim at the Barbados Open Water Festival. Lots of sea turtles on course!! It was awesome, so hard, and felt Caribbean Beach adjacent😂

Would I do it again? YES! Do I need training-YES!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2254.jpeg
    IMG_2254.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 38

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Did my first SWIM event. I completed the 1.5km swim at the Barbados Open Water Festival. Lots of sea turtles on course!! It was awesome, so hard, and felt Caribbean Beach adjacent😂

Would I do it again? YES! Do I need training-YES!!!

Add the cycling and you are ready for a triathlon 😃 (I volunteer at several triathlons since I’m an even slower swimmer than runner and I don‘t care much for cycling)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom