Noise Level at Character Meals

jemlover

Original Poster
My boss and her husband are visiting WDW with their DS 11 and DD 9 for the first time. I wanted to suggest a character meal for them. Their DS suffers from severe migraines and one of his triggers is noise. Are there any character meals that are a little quieter than others. I know 1900 Park Fare is out. It is super noisy. Any suggestions?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My boss and her husband are visiting WDW with their DS 11 and DD 9 for the first time. I wanted to suggest a character meal for them. Their DS suffers from severe migraines and one of his triggers is noise. Are there any character meals that are a little quieter than others. I know 1900 Park Fare is out. It is super noisy. Any suggestions?

Cinderellas Royal Table is about as quiet as you will find.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
The character dinner at Garden Grill in The Land is pretty quiet. Small restaurant with normal restaurant noise. The restaurant rotates s l o w l y through a part of the Living with the Land attraction. I think the characters are Chip, Dale, Mickey, and maybe Pluto. Mickey wears farmer clothing and I can't remember if there is anything different about what the other characters wear.

yeti

Are there any character meals that are a little quieter than others?

Bambi and Nemo are pretty digestive; they should go down quietly.

I'd watch out for Panchito Pistoles, though- he's been known to cause some heavy post-meal blues.

buseegal

not sure any character meal is going to fit family's needs. any that have a parade for the kids is noisy esp at that time. those include crystal palace and donald's at AK plus others. Garden Grill was the quietest meal we had but had a lot of other problems for our large group. but that could also be loud depending on those around you. i know our boys were loud and excited at meals. 6 boys and quiet meals do not go together. we had no meltdowns, just excited.

Phonedave

The character dinner at Garden Grill in The Land is pretty quiet. Small restaurant with normal restaurant noise. The restaurant rotates s l o w l y through a part of the Living with the Land attraction. I think the characters are Chip, Dale, Mickey, and maybe Pluto. Mickey wears farmer clothing and I can't remember if there is anything different about what the other characters wear.

I am going to second Garden Grill as the most low key and quiet.

Of course, you could get a loud group at the table next to you. But there is no parade or party and the seating makes for a pretty quiet restaruant.

The Princess breakfast at Akershus is pretty quiet too, especialy if you take one of the later time slots, after many people have left and there are empty tables in the restaruant.

-dave

jemlover

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help everyone. I was wondering about Akershus. I think their daughter would love the princesses. I will pass this along.

OldYeller

For what it's worth, i remember that both Chef Mickey and Tusker House have a mini-character parade during the meal that can cause quite a ruckus. If i remember correctly, i think they actually pass out instruments to the kids at Tusker House to join in the parade. I don't remember any type of miniparade at Crystal Palace or GF but they were generally pretty loud. Cinderella's table was the quietest from what I recall.

lebeau

I was going to say the same thing. It's no louder than any other restaurant. Food was good when we went (I've heard it can be hit or miss). Character interactions are second to none.

EvilQueen-T

i'd suggest they take earplugs, they may need them for more than just a noisy meal. my husband suffers from tinnitus and the noise of a crowd can be problematic for him as well, the ear plugs (little foam ones) are inconspicuous and can be very helpful.

HouCuseChickie

I think crowd levels and meal timing also play a huge role. We dined at 1900 PF for breakfast and it was one of the quietest of our character meals. We had an early morning breakfast at Crystal Palace and it was also super quiet. Lunch at Akershus, on the other hand, felt pretty noisy. I second a previous poster's idea of earplugs. I think that's the best bet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom