No wonder CMs are not happy

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It's been more like folks who leak photos in areas they are not supposed to.
Perhaps they send a subpoena over to WDWmagic for the IP.
I never did anything of that sort - I was just openly critical of company leadership at the time and the direction in which the parks were headed.

Goofyernmost

Castmembers must be even lower on the priority list than APers as it applies to theme park access.
Also, WDW does want to slowly reduce perks and benefits to their castmembers over time to SAVE MONEY.
It costs them nothing to let an off duty CM in the parks. One or two more people in the parks when it is crowded will not prevent a paying guest from going in. It's sort of a puzzlement and in some respects ignorant on their part. Limit the number of them in the parks is one thing not allowing anyone to go, is just useless. It's like peeing in the ocean and measuring how much the water level has increased.
I think that's what people forget, Disney is a huge corporation.
Not so much forgotten as never known what that means to begin with. Also living in denial the it is no longer Walt's company and not a single Disney is involved in it anymore.
Disney is all about maximizing profits any way it can. Allowing CM's into the park are "lost sales." If there is a capacity for the park, then every CM who is allowed in is (or potentially) taking a paying customer's spot. Is it insignificant compared to the overall picture? Sure. But it's a lost sale. I would say it's the same with AP holders and why there are blackout dates for them... It's nickel and dimes... but if there's a way to squeeze a few more... Disney will find a way to do it.
No lost sales for that reason. Disney is the source of determining how many are allowed in and if you see the actual numbers let in then you would know that the system is more of another dog and pony show where things are done to create an image like they care and also to try and put more people in the other parks. They might turn someone away from MK but they already have the money that the person that was turned away gave them for the tickets. They are just trying to move them in a different direction. The only people that might be affected would be those that just show up and try and buy a single day ticket to MK.
I am certain he did when I got burned. Almost certain I know which other message board's owner squealed on me.
I suppose that is possible, but the likelihood is that some other CM that was either in your group, or heard about it from someone that was, decided to inform management of what they considered anti-Disney activity. There is no sense in making this so James Bondishly complex when sometimes it is the simplest and most obvious answer.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

one or two? There are over 70,000 cast members at WDW. And significantly more that have main gate privileges via third party, retiree, or other business units. Plus they can each bring in guests.
So are all of the CM's off duty at the same time? Do they all have the same day off? Do all of them feel like spending time in the parks after being on their feet all day or previous evening two finger pointing? I'm aware of the numbers but let's cut the possible numbers in half right off and then do like I suggested have a first come, first serve number or lottery for individual days. When the crowds are as crowded as they say a few more are not even going to be noticed. One or two was a figure of speech and no more real then your scary 70K number.

My feeling is that the whole not available BS only applies to MK anyway. Places the size of Epcot, regardless of the walls, can hold half the population of NJ. It should never be closed off. I think it's just more hype to justify the Genie+ crap making a fake situation where people will be willing to pay more as long as they think the whole thing will make lines shorter for them.

mkt

Premium Member
I suppose that is possible, but the likelihood is that some other CM that was either in your group, or heard about it from someone that was, decided to inform management of what they considered anti-Disney activity. There is no sense in making this so James Bondishly complex when sometimes it is the simplest and most obvious answer.
That's fair.

I know there were other CM'S on here that weren't fond of my opinions, but I also participated in other message boards at the time, where admins and ownership were not very critical of DIsney.

montyz81

Fair! If anything, the Disney Marketing Department has been diligent in turning people off and reducing interest in Disney parks. It would be quite a monetary savings for the company if Disney marketing was outsourced.
Yet park reservations are at capacity most of the time. I'd say interest is not reducing.

KaliSplash

Disney sells you park admission as part of your benefit package. My DD also has 3 silver passes as part of her package which she has been able to use ONCE in the past 2 years. On the twitter thread they reference, a Mom of a CP says her DD has been on the CP for 5 months and has yet been able to get into MK. No wonder why you hear the Cast attitude has changed. Who is going to want to do CP if you can't even get into the parks?
You do the CP for the sheer joy of creating magic for MY vacation. You go home at the end of the day saying that heavy-set bald guy really liked it when i didn't spill my drink on him. :) :)

mkt

Premium Member
Fair! If anything, the Disney Marketing Department has been diligent in turning people off and reducing interest in Disney parks. It would be quite a monetary savings for the company if Disney marketing was outsourced.
Disney follows the relatively common corporate strategy of going both ways with this. They definitely have their own in-house team, but I know for a fact that they also outsource a lot to external vendors.

As someone who has made a career in this field though, it’s usually cheaper to have an in-house team.

Lilofan

Disney follows the relatively common corporate strategy of going both ways with this. They definitely have their own in-house team, but I know for a fact that they also outsource a lot to external vendors.

As someone who has made a career in this field though, it’s usually cheaper to have an in-house team.
Disney has had in the past marketed in their home countries advertising all things WDW ( Brazil, Argentina etc ). Whoever brings them in , these tour groups used to come out in force and enjoy themselves at WDW .

ImperfectPixie

Disney has had in the past marketed in their home countries advertising all things WDW ( Brazil, Argentina etc ). Whoever brings them in , these tour groups used to come out in force and enjoy themselves at WDW .
Brazilian tour companies run the tours...which is why there were problems. The people hired to "chaperone" the tours weren't much older than the students who were participating, so there was zero ability (and perhaps lack of desire?) to keep behavior within reason. (At least that's what I was told.)

I know that more recently, Disney had taken steps (I think offering their own chaperone to accompany the tours in the parks?) to reduce problem behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom