No wonder CMs are not happy

Disorbust

Original Poster

Disney sells you park admission as part of your benefit package. My DD also has 3 silver passes as part of her package which she has been able to use ONCE in the past 2 years. On the twitter thread they reference, a Mom of a CP says her DD has been on the CP for 5 months and has yet been able to get into MK. No wonder why you hear the Cast attitude has changed. Who is going to want to do CP if you can't even get into the parks?

Bocabear

I have been at the resort staying in one of their hotels and could not get into the MK on the days I wanted to...So I can certainly imagine a cast member having problems... The parks are over-crowded, they have slept on expansion and adding capacity for the last 10 years while shuttering existing attractions...Eventually it had to catch up.
I would lay off the entire marketing arm of WDW...they do not need to spend billions of dollars marketing a park that is already over-crowded and at capacity nearly all of the time.

ImperfectPixie

I have been at the resort staying in one of their hotels and could not get into the MK on the days I wanted to...So I can certainly imagine a cast member having problems... The parks are over-crowded, they have slept on expansion and adding capacity for the last 10 years while shuttering existing attractions...Eventually it had to catch up.
I would lay off the entire marketing arm of WDW...they do not need to spend billions of dollars marketing a park that is already over-crowded and at capacity nearly all of the time.
I've been saying the bolded for years.

Disstevefan1

Castmembers must be even lower on the priority list than APers as it applies to theme park access.
Also, WDW does want to slowly reduce perks and benefits to their castmembers over time to SAVE MONEY.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Yeah, because the company is absolutely hurting for money. :rolleyes:
Unprecedented DEMAND!
Bob-Chapek-1.jpg

GimpYancIent

Fair! If anything, the Disney Marketing Department has been diligent in turning people off and reducing interest in Disney parks. It would be quite a monetary savings for the company if Disney marketing was outsourced.

mmascari

Also, WDW does want to slowly reduce perks and benefits to their castmembers over time to SAVE MONEY.
If that's the goal, they're doing it wrong.

Providing cast members access to the parks costs practically nothing. I would even argue that it's actually nothing and completely free to Disney to do. None of them are "lost sales", since they're not buying tickets instead. The marginal cost to have one more guest is practically nothing. There's just not that many cast members who are not working and will be in the parks compared to the overall number of guests in the parks for it to make any significant impact. And, they'll spend some additional money while they're there.

At the same time, the benefit to the cast member has substantial value. Probably with an feeling approximating the value of a one day park ticket.

Meaning, Disney is spending almost nothing to give the cast member the feeling of a much larger reward. That's a good value transaction. Cutting it would save almost nothing while at the same time creating huge negative feelings and worker dissatisfaction. It's a poor cost savings tactic that will create greater staffing costs in the long run instead, negating any small savings.

There's a gazillions ways to abuse your workforce and save actual money. This isn't one.

castlecake2.0

Disney sells you park admission as part of your benefit package. My DD also has 3 silver passes as part of her package which she has been able to use ONCE in the past 2 years. On the twitter thread they reference, a Mom of a CP says her DD has been on the CP for 5 months and has yet been able to get into MK. No wonder why you hear the Cast attitude has changed. Who is going to want to do CP if you can't even get into the parks?
Once in 2 years? For the first 6 months the parks were reopened I could get in every single day. It’s been harder since Christmas but I went to studios last week so it’s very possible, but yes it’s been harder lately. I don’t think this will be a long term problem, but they’ve been getting better at doing extra things on magic backstage to try to make up for it.

drizgirl

That's adorable. Not only will they not lay off their marketing staff, but they probably still have attendance increase goals to meet to make bonus.

You don't "fix" an over-crowded parks problem by offering a new discount like they did this week.

Disorbust

Original Poster
They are biting their own a**. Good luck recruiting for thr CP program when its all over tiktoc you can't visit the parks
Her bPasses are silver not guest. Not sure how you went 10 days when they are limiting reservations. Maybe during a slow time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom