No TSMM FP+ Availability from 10/15 on.

WDWLover#1

I'll join you then too.

I don't like FP+.
I won't join - is it bad to say that really liked my Disney experience? For me the whole planning thing has worked wonders. It's a planners dream, well, for me at least. This could change as I'll be testing it for the first time in the parks over the next two weeks. But so far I love it.

OvertheHorizon

I live 15 minutes from Disney World and have a Annual Pass. I'd be curious to know what the "no show" rate is from people who make FastPass+ reservations. (Fairly sure it varies by attraction.) For example, I will often go online to get FP+, but even though there are only 2 attractions I want - I'm automatically assigned a third one. I don't show up for that one. Disney undoubtedly has a formula for how many FP they can issue and factor in the no show rate.

COProgressFan

I won't join - is it bad to say that really liked my Disney experience? For me the whole planning thing has worked wonders. It's a planners dream, well, for me at least. This could change as I'll be testing it for the first time in the parks over the next two weeks. But so far I love it.

Glad to hear it works so well for you. Truly. I don't want to hijack the thread, but from my personal experience, and reading online, there is basically one type of guest for whom the current FP+ system works: families staying at Disney resorts in 1 room who have booked their room more than 60 days out and enjoy planning.

For everyone else, there are significant complications or disadvantages. This includes APs, guests with large parties and/or multiple rooms, traveling with friends at the same or different resorts (even worse if off property), visiting local friends/families, conventioneers, folks who don't plan visits until closer to their arrival, day trippers, cast members and their visiting families, people who visit Disney for a day or 2 of their larger FL/Orlando vacation, international visitors, anyone with small children who can't exactly know when their children will be tired/cranky/hungry/meltdown/potty/need a nap, elderly/people who don't regularly use computers/smartphones/email, anyone who doesn't know how many ticket days they need and buy their tickets at the gate, anyone who can't plan for variations in crowds/weather/mood/other unforeseen events (wait,that's everyone!), and just all around folks who don't find it all that fun to overplan their vacation months in advance.

And these are just people who I came up with off the top of my head. I'm sure there are quite a few more categories of guests who don't exactly benefit from the system.

COProgressFan

You nailed it I believe.

Just thinking about everything recently, as I've been putting together plans for an upcoming trip with wife & 2 small kids, my parents, and my in-laws. Multiple rooms, multiple Disney accounts, and 1 phone call (the person I spoke to was actually very helpful) to Disney to get everything straightened out (issues with linking accounts, tickets, reservations-error messages aplenty through Disney's MDE site). Just trying to explain how it all works overwhelmed my parents and in-laws. They're in their 60's, but all use computers at work, have smartphones, and are semi-proficient with them, but found the whole MM+ situation complex and confusing. Wondered why it would take so much to plan a vacation, and how if I didn't put it all together they probably would have just showed up without doing any of it in advance (to their detriment, IMO). The way Disney has set up this game, if you don't play along, it absolutely can diminish your experience. So I play along, somewhat reluctantly, I guess.

Back on topic, my window for Fast passes opens up soon, so I'll check as well about availability for TSMM. Hope its open for our sake, otherwise, its even less time spent at the Studios.

Last edited:

ajbidwell

Original Poster
Toy story is still open, but as of 10/15 there is no fast pass plus availability for that or LMA going forward. At this point no one seems to have any explanation as to why that is. It could be a system glitch or it could be the start of construction, who knows.

DaisyDoesDisney

I live 15 minutes from Disney World and have a Annual Pass. I'd be curious to know what the "no show" rate is from people who make FastPass+ reservations. (Fairly sure it varies by attraction.) For example, I will often go online to get FP+, but even though there are only 2 attractions I want - I'm automatically assigned a third one. I don't show up for that one. Disney undoubtedly has a formula for how many FP they can issue and factor in the no show rate.
FYI- even though you're assigned a third FastPass when you only want to select two, you can easily go back in and cancel that third one if you know you won't use it. It only takes a moment. You just choose the "Cancel FastPass" link, choose the appropriate day from the drop down menu, and then only check the box for the attraction you want to cancel. The two you wish to keep will remain intact.

arko

Glad to hear it works so well for you. Truly. I don't want to hijack the thread, but from my personal experience, and reading online, there is basically one type of guest for whom the current FP+ system works: families staying at Disney resorts in 1 room who have booked their room more than 60 days out and enjoy planning.

For everyone else, there are significant complications or disadvantages. This includes APs, guests with large parties and/or multiple rooms, traveling with friends at the same or different resorts (even worse if off property), visiting local friends/families, conventioneers, folks who don't plan visits until closer to their arrival, day trippers, cast members and their visiting families, people who visit Disney for a day or 2 of their larger FL/Orlando vacation, international visitors, anyone with small children who can't exactly know when their children will be tired/cranky/hungry/meltdown/potty/need a nap, elderly/people who don't regularly use computers/smartphones/email, anyone who doesn't know how many ticket days they need and buy their tickets at the gate, anyone who can't plan for variations in crowds/weather/mood/other unforeseen events (wait,that's everyone!), and just all around folks who don't find it all that fun to overplan their vacation months in advance.

And these are just people who I came up with off the top of my head. I'm sure there are quite a few more categories of guests who don't exactly benefit from the system.

As an Annual Passholder who rarely stays on site, and who usually decides their FP reservations the night before I completely disagree. On most trips we usually decide which parks we are going to do the night before and I can usually get FP for most rides with reasonable times. Even when we decide 30 days out I get pretty much anything I want at the time we want. The simple fact all the rides people complain about not getting a FP for on same day were most likely the same rides that ran out of FP's early in the day under the old paper system. In other words those most affected are rope droppers who knew how to squeeze the most out of the paper system and get as many FP's as they could in a day.

pax_65

On most trips we usually decide which parks we are going to do the night before and I can usually get FP for most rides with reasonable times.

Define "most rides". Currently 7DMT is booked out to 60 days for all but 3 days. TSMM is booked solid for a week, which is actually good (it's usually much longer). I'm sure the teacups and TTA have availability - you know, the rides you used to be able to walk on.

Rider

I just looked and for this Saturday I could get FP for everything at WDW except 7DMT and Anna/Elsa.

That seems like "most rides" to me. Sorry the highly popular brand new E-Ticket wasn't available for you.

edit: Just checked MK again and both 7DMT and Anna/Elsa are available.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I wonder if they would run TSMM without Fastpass while they reconfigure the queue to accommodate the third track? It still seems too early for that track to open.

arko

Define "most rides". Currently 7DMT is booked out to 60 days for all but 3 days. TSMM is booked solid for a week, which is actually good (it's usually much longer). I'm sure the teacups and TTA have availability - you know, the rides you used to be able to walk on.

Well tonight for tomorrow I booked (this day was not planned out as a park day) There were times all over the day for most rides.
Big Thunder Mountain
BUzz Light Year
Jungle Cruise

Only thing not open was 7DMT and Anna and Elsa. The simple truth is 7DMT FP's would be gone within the first hour just like TSMM always was. I have no desire to rush to the park to get a fastpass, somehow that seems to be counter to me being on vacation and enjoying my time. Also when we did our current trips FP's 30 days out 7DMT was an option. And by the way TTA and Teacups were walk on's today as was Under the Sea (10 minutes). We plan to arrive at Magic Kingdom at 8pm tomorrow night for an evening visit, under the old system there would be very little to nothing left for any ride.
The issue that I did notice this trip was the size of FP lines they frequently spill out beyond the first FP gate at any time of the day. Now they still move pretty quick and its still a fairly short wait, but the line length has been noticable on many rides.

OneDNP

If it is really down for FP after October 15, that means GMR, muppets, and the streetmosphere characters the only points of interest. Even our toddler has the good sense to turn his nose up at Disney Jr (except the hot dog dance) and he is too short for the rest of the remaining rides. I predict we spend more time walking to and from Epcot then we do in-park.

WDWVolFan

Was checking hours for parks on my Disney experience and on oct 21 and 22 Hollywood studios and it listed hours for every park except holly wood studios which said schedule unavailable. Opening and closing times weren't even shown.
D23 will announce tomorrow that DHS is being renamed to a symbol, which is a combination of the Tower of Terror with Buzz and Woody scared in the elevator falling down while Luke Skywalker tries to save them. Us fans, will refer to it as the park formerly known as Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom