Trip Report no tropical storm can slow us down - Nov 5-12, 2022

Orlando is my favorite place to vacation! There is literally always something new and I feel like it is impossible to do it all! Earlier in 2022, we decided to do something we never had done before, take a Universal only vacation. While it was hard for me to make the trip to the Orlando area and not go to Disney AT ALL (not even a quick stop at Disney Springs), we really enjoyed our time there. We purchased Universal Annual Passes prior to our March trip, knowing that we were going again in November for a Disney and Universal trip.
Who: Me, Aaron, Joseph (8), Sadie (6), gramma, Aunt SuSu, Aunt Denise, and Kathy. (You won't see much of Denise or Kathy, because they did a lot of things on their own)
IMG_8300.JPG

When: November 5-12, 2022
Where: our first night we stayed at Holiday Inn across from Universal (I love that you can walk to Universal) and the rest of the trip we were at the Sheraton Vistana Resort (Aunt Denise owns a timeshare there so she got us a great deal that was hard to pass up)
We did Universal for three days, Disney for two days, one day exploring the Magic Kingdom Resort Hotels, one day at the pool, and one day stuck in our room because of the tropical storm.

November 5
Our flight was at 5:30am on Spirit from IND to MCO. The plan was for my mom to spend the night at our house and leave around 3am. Well she didn't feel well the night before (earlier in the year she had her gallbladder and appendix removed in an emergency surgery) so she stayed home that night which meant we had to go North to go South, so we had to get up earlier than originally planned. Surprisingly everything went smooth that morning and we were at the airport and on the bus from the long term parking lot to the terminal by 3:30am.
IMG_7873.JPEG
IMG_7874.JPEG

Only thing that didn't go very smoothly, was that the airport didn't have any coffee locations opened that early in the morning. Coffee should be a 24/7 thing at every airport! Everything about the flight was perfect. We arrived to MCO and were on the fonorail by 8:40am.
IMG_7876.JPEG

We went straight to the Dunkin on MCO and got COFFEE, donuts, and bagels! This was our first time staying off property without a rental car, which meant it was time to call and Uber! I had purchased a travel car seat for Sadie that is foldable and compact, so I didn't have to worry about getting an uber with a car seat. We decided to go this route because I didn't want anyone to worry about driving in an unfamiliar place or not getting an adult beverage while on vacation just because they had to drive. I actually loved it and it was super convenient and I felt like it wasn't that expensive (usually around $15-$30 depending on where we were going). We checked in at the Holiday Inn at Universal for our one night stay and I paid an additional $30 to do an early check in so we were able to go straight up to our room to take a nap! I really don't know how long we napped for but we were in CityWalk by 1:30, ready to start our adventure!
IMG_7879.JPEG

We took it slow and got donuts and tacos in Springfield before watching the Horror Makeup Show (which is amazingly funny!)
IMG_7885.JPEG

We had one happy gramma when we found Scooby and Gang! Her favorite!!
IMG_7890.JPEG

Afterwards we went on ET and just kind of walked around. I will admit, we didn't do many rides at Universal the first two days because no one really wanted to wait in lines. We did some spells around Diagon Alley.

IMG_7895.JPEG
IMG_7907.JPEG
IMG_7906.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
Aaron wanted to try the blue milk. He offered me some, I said no lol We found a spot to just sit and chill for a minute near Savi's Workshop.
IMG_8154.JPEG

There was a photopass Cast Member there and Joseph got a little photoshoot. See, he can smile! lol I love that silly boy
IMG_8345.JPG
IMG_8344.JPG
IMG_8346.JPG

After Joseph had his picture taken, the cast member took some pictures of people with their new fancy lightsabers, well Sadie's eyes lite up! "Mommy, can I do it with my new lightsaber?" "Girl go for it!!!" she stood in line with her new lightsaber and the cast member helped her hold it just right and pose. The pictures turned out amazing!!
IMG_8355.JPG
IMG_8357.JPG
IMG_8351.JPG

we walked through Toy Story Land but didn't do a single Toy Story ride, we almost did Midway Mania but the line was pretty long. Sadie does not like Slinky Dog so we decided to just head towards Fantasmic! The show was scheduled to start at 8pm but it had only been open for less than 2 weeks at this point so I knew it was going to be crazy. We stopped for more photos with a cast member and you can see the line already forming in the background
IMG_8360.JPG
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8363.JPG

Cetta

Original Poster
IMG_8366.JPG
IMG_8364.JPG
IMG_8367.JPG
IMG_8369.JPG
IMG_8370.JPG
IMG_8371.JPG

We got in line a little after 6pm for Fantasmic! My kids have never seen this show, and we didn't tell them anything about it. The only thing they knew was from the billboard at the entrance. While waiting in line, we experience snow #3!
IMG_8155.JPEG
IMG_8157.JPEG

We were in and had a great seat by 6:37. Took this picture and sent it to my coworker with "Guess where we are?"
IMG_8158.JPEG

While we waited, Aaron went to the concession stand to grab a drink, snacks, and a beer. I didn't take a single picture of the show because I just wanted to enjoy the experience. The kids were in awe the entire time and Sadie was so excited to see Moana and Elsa! It was a great show and an amazing way to end the day. It was just the best day ever!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom