No trip this year

dox

Well it is pretty official... I won't be going to WDW this year and possibly most of next. :( Going elsewhere this summer and probably overseas next year. I'm not complaining but was so hoping to get in a trip to the happiest place on earth and see Mission Space and hopefully Philarmagic if I went in the fall. So i'll have to find solace in the wonderful trip reports on this site. Anyone else not going and utterly depressed???

cuteypatooty78

I know the feeling. I'm still not sure if we're going next year or not...my dad wants to go to California. I feel your sadness, I'm hoping to go back soon but just not sure when. Sorry you won't be going, but keep up the hope, you may go back soon! :(

Upvote 0

pooh071567

I can sympathize. We are definitely going in May of 2005 with the entire family, but are trying to squeeze a few days in when we go down for a friend's wedding in February of 2004. It's not looking too good though.:(

Upvote 0
You never know, sometimes a chance for a trip even if it is quick can appear before your eyes:animwink:
But if not, I use this forum as my link to the Magic:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dox

Original Poster
Well i'm lucky i guess in that during the past three years i've been to disney on five separate trips (and got to stay on disney property 3 out of those 5). I shouldn't complain too much, my last one was the longest ever on record, 7 days/6 nights. I didn't go at all for three years from 1/1/97 to 5/2000. But since discovering this site after returning from my last trip in 8/2002, i've learned so much stuff and I considered myself quite the expert.

Hey Catch22 - I'm hoping to be in your neck of the woods next year!

Upvote 0

thumper

I'm glad there are others just like me! My husband and I went in May '02 and I already miss WDW. I'd pack my bags and go tomorrow if I had the chance! We ususally go away for our anniversary and this year we decided to do the "relaxing beach vacation" in the Caribbean. We're also heading to Vegas in November (which we've never been to!). It's good to get away, but there's nothing like Disney!

I'm hoping to get a WDW trip in for 2005, whether it's with my husband or my girlfriends!! :)

Upvote 0

hulabird

Same here, we usually go every year, but my husband got a new job working for our city and his position has to do with getting our Mayor reelected this November, so he can't get any time off until next summer. We are planning for August 2004 and I have got him to agree to a 10 day trip, but still, I am used to an August vacation and this August I will be sitting home. :snore:

I am starting our planning, but, until we know for sure the outcome in November, it may be just a pipe dream. (the Mayor wins or hubby has to find a new job)

I will think positive. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
Wow!
This is a sad topic.
I get antsy after about a month away, I can't imagine going a year...or two...or THREE!:brick:

You know, one of the best things my wife has ever said was "Well, if we like it down there so much, why don't we just move there?"
She didn't have to say that twice.:D

Upvote 0

wdwforus

I have to talk myself through each day until our next trip which we are hoping for in April of 05. My wife is having our son a week from this Tuesday and there is no way we are going until he is atleast 18 months. Hopefully my new job will make our next trip a long one. Hang in there everyone. We all will get back eventually.

Upvote 0

Enderikari

I felt terrible because I left early January from my last trip from the world, and took Summer classes while my family went TWICE. I thought I wasn't going to be able to go. But, on a whim, I decided to tell my boss I was going to take four days off. A one day drive later, I spent two of my best days ever in the parks, then a one day drive back. Rode Mission:Space and got to relax...
This trip helped me to determine that I have an internal battery that runs on wonder and magic, that needs to be recharged periodically.

Upvote 0

Stefffe

well i have no been to WDW since 1995.....so its been TOO long for us....we had our DD in '97...so we have waited until she was old enough to not be carried around everywhere and tall enough to ride most everything....(thank gawd she grew fast)...

now we will be going in nov of this year....and hope to make it a yearly family tradition....

~stefffe~

P.S......for thumper....be ready for yet another vacation addiction.... ;) vegas is great fun

Upvote 0

hulabird

I too have thought of the "live there" route, however, i would need to live far enough away that I would have to get a room, so it could still be a vacation spot, but yet driveable. But then, I'd go at least 3 times per year. Let's face it folks, we are all Disney addicts. :hammer:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Erika

Overseas! You lucky dawg.

We lucked out and got a bonus trip (albeit short) last spring, so I can't complain. We seem to be on an every-other-year schedule otherwise.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

A friend from work just told me yesterday that he just gave his 2 weeks notice and is moving down there to live. He has alot of family there which I think is the driving force. Too bad I am not ready to make that jump......yet.

Upvote 0

Scooter

We had annual passes for 3 years and went twice a year.

Then we decided to not go for a while..what a mistake THAT was!

It's been two years now and we are going through Really Bad Disney Withdrawls. :cry:

We are going in October :sohappy: to see the Food and Wine Festival and Mickeys Halloween Party.

My wife and I have decided that we will never EVER wait that long before going back.

The Flower and Garden show is our favorite so we have decided from now on we are going every MAY!!

Upvote 0

CSOM

I went 3-4 years without going, then went in March, going back in 2 weeks, and I think going again next March.

I know what you're all going through, but maybe a year will pop up where you can go 2-3 times. It makes you forget all about the years you didn't go.

Hang in there

Upvote 0
We are going in September and already figuring out how we can go next year.......I've gone once a year since '99 and don't plan on changing that. It would be very hard to go more than a year so I feel the OP's pain:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom