No Steam at EE!!

ImagineerAndy

Original Poster
H guys,
not sure if anyone has yet mentioned this but I just got back from my WDW trip, I'll give a report and some cool pics later, but firstly I wanted to say how much I enjoyed Exepedition Everest, my girlfriend and I went on it about 10 times. However, there was no steam as the train pulled in or left and no ice in the caverns. There were waterfalls though.
It was the same at kali river rapids, there was no mist through the asscent which hides those wooden rails taking you up and no smell of jasmine as there used to be. I'm not sure if they were broken or if it was operations not turning them on, it wasn't a poor show, just lacking, it adds to the whole story.

Yeah, it was the same in June when I last rode. The falls are on, but the train steam and the ever-important mountain cavern mist is on holiday.

When we soft-previewed the ride in January it was cold and windy, so the mist just added to our chill and overall belief we were truly zooming through the Himalayas. Then, this past June, we had to stand in the queue and wait an hour in the dead, humid heat, excited for the impending mountain mist that would cool us, only to fly through a dry cavern once aboard the train. Bummer. At least Mr. Yeti has been in full operation each time I’ve visited his domain.:) <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

I was able to ride EE on Saturday the 15th and the steam was working perfectly, almost too good in fact that it engulfed you if you weere in line for the last few rows.

metscool

I was thinking. What time that you all went to ride EE. When I was there in early May they had the steam with the train. Maybe it is the time of day.

lwalker8

I kind of had the feeling when the ride opened that the steam effect would be off and on....Wasn't there a problem with the mist and making the track wet? I thought I recalled reading something like that.

~LeeLee~

How is the "steam" generated? Hot or cold? I imagine the weather may alter the effectiveness when it's 97 degrees with 90% humidity. It's got to be hard to create steam in steam! :)

Hubkap

Yes, there is a problem with the cavern mist making the track a little wetter than Disney engineers would like.
As for the steam, the engine under the tracks that produces it is prone to breaking down. Of every steam engine on Disney property, the EE ride is the only one without a cast member "running" it full time. It tends to go down without someone to keep an eye on it.

The only "perfect" ride I've ever had on EE was the day it was officially opened. My wife and I made sure we showed up to ride it on press day, since we knew everything would be working.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
~LeeLee~ said:
How is the "steam" generated? Hot or cold? I imagine the weather may alter the effectiveness when it's 97 degrees with 90% humidity. It's got to be hard to create steam in steam! :)

It is real steam, from a steam generator....therefore hot
it's not a make believe "smoke" type effect

Joevn

How about the Yeti itself? I read somewhere that it was stuck in B-mode for awhile. Has that been corrected? Just wondering 'cause I plan to see him at the end of the month.

Joe

CrashNet

Yep, as real as it gets. If you look down under the tracks before the train comes into the station you'll see all of the "Caution Hot Steam" warning stickers.

As for the mist on EE, it was making the track too wet and messing up the sensors that told the computers the train was safely docked at the top of the hill so it could switch the track behind it. When the sensors sense the train approaching and then never sense it leave it causes an E-Stop to prevent the train behind it from hitting it. Think of it as a high-tech block breaking system.

As for the mist at Kali River Rapids, I'm not too sure. I could guess and say it was so hot that the mist would evaporate too fast to have much of an effect. And I didn't know Kali had Jasimine smell. Where at?

Joevn, as far as I know, he's been in A mode with no longterm problems for several months now. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Pete C

Are they ever going to hide the light leakage and support beams inside of the mountain? I hear people complain about that all the time. I had my sunglasses on when I rode so I didn't notice anything.

ImagineerAndy

Original Poster
As for the mist at Kali River Rapids, I'm not too sure. I could guess and say it was so hot that the mist would evaporate too fast to have much of an effect. And I didn't know Kali had Jasimine smell. Where at?

Well, the mist always used to work fine and it was just enough to cover it. It's the same they use at Tower of Terror, it was on the other night for the extra magic hours and looked great, they should have it on more during the day. And for Kali. Yes, there was I'm sure a smell of jasmine as you went us the lift hill or round the first corner.

monorailguy01

someone who works for Disney told me the reason the mist is gone is because it was causing corrosion on the mountain, and they are working on some type of mist effect that would not cause corrosion....

I do not know how true this is but this is what I was told

ShoreDopey

Steam at EE was working!

Hi everyone! :sohappy:

I was just at WDW on 07/15/06 and the steam was working at EE perfectly! It was an awesome sight seeing the train pull into the station and the steam burst out. However, this was the third time we went to Animal Kingdom on our trip, and it was the only time we went that the steam effect was working properly.

ShoreDopey :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom