NO Primeval Whirl for you!

Boray

I wonder if its to install more safety stuff since the last accident.

That was what I was thinking, especially after reading the wikipedia article about incidents at WDW. Disney was fined a few times for safety violations involving the park employees death at PW.

If that is the case, I would have expected this referb to have happened earlier. The woman died in November (we were there when it happened). To wait nearly a year after the death of a CM to improve safety standards, and keep it open to guests the entire time, doesn't seem right to me. I would imagine they will be updating some safety stuff, but I don't think that's the main focus on this referb, or it would have already been completed. What do you guys think?

Brian Noble

I think the Dinorama area is absolutely hilarious. Who else but Disney would create a fake old parking lot to put a ride on top of? That's just genius, particularly if you've been to parks that really do put rides on top of old parking lots, particularly Medusa West at SFDK and Scream at SFMM.

But, I will readily admit that the story is probably a bit too much of an in-joke for the casual guest.

octoberbarry

oh well ... SO NOT

We're there Sept. 2-9. I know my ds will be sad it's not open. I HATE that ride, but would go on it for my ds' sake. Boy what a shame we won't have the opportunity...:p

RSoxNo1

What about possibly putting in TVs into the Primeval Queue to explain some of this backstory? They could make it akin to the comedic style of the old Space Mountain queue videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom