No Polynesian Club Level in Jan 2013

tikiman

The Polynesian will have the Hawaii longhouse closed January and February of 2013 to have the new room design put in. I hear this will not be the first longhouse to get the new room design that is being tested in two longhouses since last February so other longhouses could be closed for the redesign the end of this year.

bethymouse

Thanks for the update! We're staying @ the POLY this September, and wanted to book a "bounce back" for September 2013. Any chance this is also a part of the "rumored" DVC at the POLY?:)

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
The Polynesian will have the Hawaii longhouse closed January and February of 2013 to have the new room design put in. I hear this will not be the first longhouse to get the new room design that is being tested in two longhouses since last February so other longhouses could be closed for the redesign the end of this year.
Great news Man! Any further word on Resort wide refurb???

Upvote 0

tikiman

Original Poster
Freediverdude:
The new design will be similar to the photos I have on my site of the suites that were redesigned last October. Lighter color walls, new lighting and Chocolate brown curtains. They have some test doors that look like a bamboo texture and a new door handle with new key entry. They will also change the hallway and lighting to a more sophisticated look.

Bethymouse:
The DVC is not a rumor. I know about the plans and it will be in two phases starting on the side where the Luau Cove is. I can’t share more now but DVC will be changing much of the resort and adding many new things. A hot tub is being put in at the Volcano pool this year.

Klstorey:
None of the buildings have asbestos except the GCH and it will be gutted along with the removal of its water feature. All the asbestos was removed back in 2002 from all the longhouses. Any buildings being torn down will be due to the DVC addition.

Upvote 0

alissafalco

Thanks for the update! We're staying @ the POLY this September, and wanted to book a "bounce back" for September 2013. Any chance this is also a part of the "rumored" DVC at the POLY?:)

When will you be at Poly? We will be there Sept. 15-23!! Can't wait!!!! Also, I've never booked a bounce back. How does that work? Is it something that you have to ask for? Is it better than the deals they release on their website?

Upvote 0

bethymouse

When will you be at Poly? We will be there Sept. 15-23!! Can't wait!!!! Also, I've never booked a bounce back. How does that work? Is it something that you have to ask for? Is it better than the deals they release on their website?
I believe the "bounce back" deal is 40% off room only rates. Our room has always had an advertisement for this on the table. It has a number to call. They take a 200$ deposit as always. You book dining and tickets at a later date. If you don't get the "bounce back" brochure, then just ask at the front desk. I am not sure if it's "better" or not. I have never done it before, but we want to for this trip!:)

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I will be getting there Sep 29th
Oh dear! Oh ddddddear oh dear! It's coming! Well, should I book for Fall 2013 at the POLY, or in your opinion will there be too much construction? It sure does sound like it!:eek: I don't want it to be like GF, where so many restaurants are being refurbed, etc...

Upvote 0

tikiman

Original Poster
Oh dear! Oh ddddddear oh dear! It's coming! Well, should I book for Fall 2013 at the POLY, or in your opinion will there be too much construction? It sure does sound like it!:eek: I don't want it to be like GF, where so many restaurants are being refurbed, etc...

Well I know what is going to happen but I don't know exactly when. I can say that there is a chance that pools, shops and restaurants could be affected or closed and construction in other areas could be going on any time from the end of this year until 2017 so telling people when it is safe to go is going to be hard to know. I don't think the DVC will be as much of a disruption as the work in the GCH will be.

Upvote 0

olinecoach61

Well I know what is going to happen but I don't know exactly when. I can say that there is a chance that pools, shops and restaurants could be affected or closed and construction in other areas could be going on any time from the end of this year until 2017 so telling people when it is safe to go is going to be hard to know. I don't think the DVC will be as much of a disruption as the work in the GCH will be.
Tiki Man thank you for sharing all of your info. We appreciate it!:)

Upvote 0

alissafalco

I believe the "bounce back" deal is 40% off room only rates. Our room has always had an advertisement for this on the table. It has a number to call. They take a 200$ deposit as always. You book dining and tickets at a later date. If you don't get the "bounce back" brochure, then just ask at the front desk. I am not sure if it's "better" or not. I have never done it before, but we want to for this trip!:)

Ok thanks, 40% Off is great! Do you have to book at the Poly or can you book it at another deluxe resort?
I dont think I want to book Poly because of all the work they will be doing.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

2017? WOW!:eek:

Upvote 0

Beuford

Tikiman, you said GCH will be gutted and the water feature going. Do I dare think it is not returning? I'm starting to get sick to my stomach, I didn't even like when they added the air freshener, this would push me to the brink:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom