No Polynesian Club Level in Jan 2013

tikiman

The Polynesian will have the Hawaii longhouse closed January and February of 2013 to have the new room design put in. I hear this will not be the first longhouse to get the new room design that is being tested in two longhouses since last February so other longhouses could be closed for the redesign the end of this year.

TinkerBelle8878

Great. More DVC. But this time its not just adding a tower but changing the whole resort.:confused:

And when will any work be done on Epcot to fix what's left of Future World or on DHS? Or anything other than the muddled down FLE?

I hate to be a doom and gloomer but seriously? In 10 years I fear all of WDW will be DVC with a few rides thrown in. The parks and transportation are crowded as is. Can't they just put a moratorium on all DVCs after the GF is finished?

Upvote 0

Beuford

I know, this dvc thing is out of hand. Building one where there is ample space is one thing, changing a resort around or sticking one on what was a pretty beach at the GF is another. I hope when this is done it will benefit the resort not make it monotonous like the others. I stay at the poly because its so different from the rest. Where the BC, BW, and YC are basically identical except for paint.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Original Poster
Tikiman, you said GCH will be gutted and the water feature going. Do I dare think it is not returning? I'm starting to get sick to my stomach, I didn't even like when they added the air freshener, this would push me to the brink:(

Yes I am told the changes to the GCH will include removing the water feature and it will not be returning. I don't know yet what the lobby will look like when finished but it sounded like they need the room for additional things.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Original Poster
Tikiman,

I am a fan as well.

What are the chances the GCH will be gone next June? That is one thing I cannot go without.

Thanks!

IT has always been hard to go by dates that I hear because Disney changes them last minute all the time. I heard a few years ago that the GCH had to come down. Then last October I heard they would start working on it this year. One source at Disney said they were told it would not happen until 2018 but talking to a department of Disney that knows told me there is no way they would wait until 2018 and that it should happen before the first phase of DVC so if I had to guess I believe it will happen in stages starting next year. They would have to keep some part of the GCH open so guests could access the monorail.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

The Poly is my absolute fav!!!! I am glad to read this however, because I thought they were going to completely tear down and rebuild the entire resort. I LOVE Poly's Concierge, hopefully by Oct 2013, Club Level will be back :)

Upvote 0

tikiman

Original Poster
The Poly is my absolute fav!!!! I am glad to read this however, because I thought they were going to completely tear down and rebuild the entire resort. I LOVE Poly's Concierge, hopefully by Oct 2013, Club Level will be back :)

They are scheduled to finish the new rooms and the lounge in Hawaii by the begining of March 2013.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Original Poster
Thank you tikiman, and I am too, a lover of your site!!!

Thanks.

Lets hope the schedule they have now does not slip. I only wish they would have finished the first building before I go the end of September but looks like I will be a couple of months late.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Thanks.

Lets hope the schedule they have now does not slip. I only wish they would have finished the first building before I go the end of September but looks like I will be a couple of months late.
We are headed to my beloved Poly the end of October, and was really sweating it out for 2013. We always stay in the Hawaii building and love, love, love it!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom