No Parking at Beach Club for Beaches & Cream?

epscot

I read an update somewhere within the last several days that said parking at the Yacht & Beach Club would be limited to resort and convention guests only for the next couple of weeks. We will be visiting Oct 16-23 and staying offsite, but want to eat at Beaches & Cream one day. How do you suggest we get there if we can't park at the resort? Park at DTD and ride a bus? Any ideas would be appreciated.

dreamfinder

From either DHS or Epcot you can walk over or take the boat over. Epcot would require you to have been inside the park, DHS you can access from the parking lot. So if you do it on a day you are at one of those two it shouldn't be a big problem to get to.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I read an update somewhere within the last several days that said parking at the Yacht & Beach Club would be limited to resort and convention guests only for the next couple of weeks. We will be visiting Oct 16-23 and staying offsite, but want to eat at Beaches & Cream one day. How do you suggest we get there if we can't park at the resort? Park at DTD and ride a bus? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Park at the Boardwalk visitors lot infront of the Boardwalk Hotel.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other, if the parking restriction at Y&BC also extends to Boardwalk? I agree that parking at the Boardwalk makes the most sense, unless there's a restriction there as well, one the OP didn't think to check before asking us our opinion(s). And it would be unfortunate if the idea we think makes the most sense, doesn't, because of something we didn't know.

If for some reason the Boardwalk is also restricted during that time, then you could park in the Swan & Dolphin lot, but there is a parking fee. You could also park in the Studios and walk or boat to the Y&BC, but if you weren't planning to go to a park that day, again, you're paying for parking just to eat at Beaches & Cream.

ARE you planning to go to a park that day? If so, were you planning on going back to your resort for a rest that day? Because were I in your shoes - staying offsite, wishing to eat at Beaches & Cream but can't park at the Y&BC (and possibly not at Boardwalk), I'd just anticipate going to the Studios that day, even more than Epcot. When it feels like lunch time, leave your car in the Studios lot and walk or boat to Y&BC. have lunch at Beaches & Cream, soak up the resort atmosphere, pool hop (JOKING!), and then go back to the Studios when you're rested. If you're going to park-hop at all that day, make it to the WS section of Epcot, so it'll be reasonably easy to get back to your car in the Studios lot.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I would imagine it would be restricted to the Boardwalk Inn lots and not the public lot; closing off all the area lots would cause a lot of problems.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other, if the parking restriction at Y&BC also extends to Boardwalk? I agree that parking at the Boardwalk makes the most sense, unless there's a restriction there as well, one the OP didn't think to check before asking us our opinion(s). And it would be unfortunate if the idea we think makes the most sense, doesn't, because of something we didn't know.

If for some reason the Boardwalk is also restricted during that time, then you could park in the Swan & Dolphin lot, but there is a parking fee. You could also park in the Studios and walk or boat to the Y&BC, but if you weren't planning to go to a park that day, again, you're paying for parking just to eat at Beaches & Cream.

ARE you planning to go to a park that day? If so, were you planning on going back to your resort for a rest that day? Because were I in your shoes - staying offsite, wishing to eat at Beaches & Cream but can't park at the Y&BC (and possibly not at Boardwalk), I'd just anticipate going to the Studios that day, even more than Epcot. When it feels like lunch time, leave your car in the Studios lot and walk or boat to Y&BC. have lunch at Beaches & Cream, soak up the resort atmosphere, pool hop (JOKING!), and then go back to the Studios when you're rested. If you're going to park-hop at all that day, make it to the WS section of Epcot, so it'll be reasonably easy to get back to your car in the Studios lot.

The public lot at the Boardwalk is exclusively for the Boardwalk Entertainment Complex...so there wouldn't be a restriction on that lot.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I believe this is a normal practice during busy periods. I've seen them do this alot (and only kind of enforce it). Of course, most of the times if you inform the security guard that you are planning to dine there, they will have no problem letting you park there with a temporary parking pass they provide diners. I suspect you won't have any problems unless their lot is completely full.

Upvote 0

officeboy

I know they are restricting parking during certain times at all parking lots within walking distance of EPCOT. I suspect during normal business hours you can probably park at Y&B if Beach's and Cream is your destination. However you may find it difficult to do the same thing if it is the weekend, or getting close to happy hour. With Food and Wine on at EPCOT the locals tend to skip out of work as soon as possible to experience the festival and sometimes they park in places other than EPCOT main car parking:eek:....

:lookaroun

Upvote 0

markc

I believe this is a normal practice during busy periods. I've seen them do this alot (and only kind of enforce it). Of course, most of the times if you inform the security guard that you are planning to dine there, they will have no problem letting you park there with a temporary parking pass they provide diners. I suspect you won't have any problems unless their lot is completely full.

Not entirely true. This time, its different. The security guards at the gate have been informed that only guests with confirmed reservations at the restaurant or are guests of the hotel, are allowed to use the parking lot - regardless of how full it is. No exceptions. Simply wanting to dine there (but not having a reservation) is no longer enough justification. This is due to the Food and Wine festival being in effect - and the large amount of florida residents who come out to see it (who subsequently only have a seasonal pass or Epcot after 4 pass which doesnt provide free parking) and use the hotels as free parking. I found out this weekend when I tried parking there.

Upvote 0

sbkline

If the worst case scenario applies and you cannot park at Boardwalk either, maybe you could park at Fantasia Gardens and walk over, rather than paying a parking fee to park at the theme parks, or the Swan & Dolphin. Technically, it may be frowned upon to park at Fantasia Gardens if you aren't playing. But if it's there are plenty of parking spots available, they may not care, and if it's so busy that parking is scarce, then they're likely not to even notice one other car pulling in. :ROFLOL:

Sure, not the most orthodox suggestion, perhaps, and maybe this will become the next ethical debate now that we've beat pool hopping and mug reuse to death. LOL But sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom