No more "Walt" in Disney?

yensid67

Silly, if you ask me, but some people are always on a vigilant search for things to be offended by.
It's not as if they haven't erected statutes to the man.
Roy worked with the company longer than Walt did. Does keeping the "Walt" disrespect him?

I understand where you are coming from ...

...BUT ...it was Roy's idea and decision to rename it from Disney World to WALT DISNEY WORLD so that people would not forget who created the park and to honor his brother in this way! Yes Roy completed the park, but as a remembrance to his brother. AND Roy does have a place within the park just inside Town Square. It's the imagineer's paying homage to its finisher of Fantasy, Imagination, and Adventure!

yensid67

No love for Ub Iwerks?
It all started with his mouse.
If it weren't for him, we probably never would have heard of Disney.

If your brother drew a character that was as popular as Mickey Mouse, does that mean that we would have never heard of you!?

What if you paid your brother as an employee, then everything that he drew and became popular, woud be owned by you! Because when you pay employees to follow your dreams and be a part of them coming true, whatever they do in your name is owned by you! Walt paid Ub and I am sure it was a good hunk of change! You never heard Ub complain did you? So why should we complain NOW!?:shrug:
AND the Nine Old Men have their place in history and remembrance with their own 'Windows'!

Just saying, still love everyone here! It's just an opnion or another way to look at it!:animwink:

yensid67

Another "DISNEY" animation spotted!

I just saw on Tuesday night a trailer for one of the current Disney produced animation features....and it JUST had the word DISNEY on it! WALT and PICTURES was not there at all! But I forget the title, but I do know its a current one that just come out at the theatres!

StephanieI

:cry:
I just chatted with a friend of mine who saw the Muppets movie. He said that the name "Walt Disney Pictures" did not appear in front of the castle in the movie's beginning - just "Disney". Also, he said that the same thing happened in front of the trailer for the Pixar movie "Brave".

So...is Walt no longer relevant now to the company he founded? :eek::mad::cry:

I wonder if the same thing's going to happen to the logos for Walt Disney Feature Animation movies?
Walt Disney would be rolling around in his grave right now if he heard that! Sad sad!

flavious27

I haven't seen this in person yet, but that's pretty awful.

vlcsnap2012061908h34m15.png

It looks too plain without having the walt and pictures.

"No, the real reason that the Company has clipped "Walt" and "Pictures" off of the "Walt Disney Pictures" logo has to do with all of those Droids and/or iPhones that many of us now use to watch our media on."

what? he is saying they are changing the logo of their entire company to make it readable for the small percentage of people who watch feature length disney films on mobile devices? give me a break. Are they going to start making the credits 4 times the size, too?

That excuse doesn't fly. People know the movie is from walt disney pictures when they see the intro, no one is reading those words. Along with that, Walt has the same font size as disney.

As for some of the name changes he mentions, I made fun of how they phrased dca before with how poor the attendance was. Disney's california adventure, meaning it is an adventure in cali for disney co.

MarkTwain

vlcsnap2012061908h34m15.png

It looks too plain without having the walt and pictures.

Yep, I've managed to catch this a couple of times since I originally wrote that, and I would agree that even beyond the ethics of removing Walt's name, it just doesn't look right. Graphically, the logo expands from the pointed top to the wide bottom, so the eye kind of wants to see longer text to match that scheme. It's too reduced-looking.

flavious27

Yep, I've managed to catch this a couple of times since I originally wrote that, and I would agree that even beyond the ethics of removing Walt's name, it just doesn't look right. Graphically, the logo expands from the pointed top to the wide bottom, so the eye kind of wants to see longer text to match that scheme. It's too reduced-looking.

You know something, if it was about removing small print from logos, wouldn't they have taken off the animation studios from the pixar intros?

pixarintro.jpg

wdpintro.jpg

Also something I did not notice until looking at the wdp intro again, the Disney D is designed to be centered. That D is so familiar to people, now the focus of the s.

threeyoda

If enough people complain, the Walt Disney Pictures on the logo could be restored. It's happened before (Tropicana for example), and it can happen again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom