No more old Fast Pass?

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Is it true that we can no longer pull old Fast Passes if we have signed up for Fast Pass Plus? I had rather hoped that we could use both. So if you have Magic Bands you no longer can ask for a card too? What if you have someone in your family who doesn't want a band but would rather have the card?

bethymouse

If the Magic Bands work correctly, then there would be no need for fast passes. It would be a "perk" for people staying on-site though.:eek:

AndyS2992

Is it true that we can no longer pull old Fast Passes if we have signed up for Fast Pass Plus? I had rather hoped that we could use both. So if you have Magic Bands you no longer can ask for a card too? What if you have someone in your family who doesn't want a band but would rather have the card?
Yes they are being phased out. However if you have a Magic Band you shouldn't be using regular FastPass anyway as you are taking a pass from someone else and driving times up and you are making FP lines longer than they should be as seen in another thread.

PhilliesFan1980

We were there today and yesterday. We have Magic+ Bands and were also issued KTTW cards as a backup. We were able to get additional FP from the KTTW cards. Didn't really need the extra FP though. We found the Magic+ selections to be sufficient with also getting to the park early and hitting an attraction or two standby before the crowds developed. They will be phasing out the KTTW cards at some point I would imagine.

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Yes they are being phased out. However if you have a Magic Band you shouldn't be using regular FastPass anyway as you are taking a pass from someone else and driving times up and you are making FP lines longer than they should be as seen in another thread.

So how is it fair that those with regular Fast Passes can get more than the 3 a day those of us with Fast Pass Plus can get? Seems like they are the ones with the edge, and not those with the Plus Fast Pass.

NickC

The convenience factor of being able to pick what attractions and (roughly) when you want to ride them is also pretty nice. On my recent visits to the parks, using FP+ has saved a lot of walking, eliminating the initial trip to an attraction to get a Fastpass only to have to come back later to use it.

That being said, however, I definitely don't believe FP+ is an ideal replacement for the old system. It's pretty convenient for those visiting only one park in a day though.

disney4life2008

Who in their right mind actually follows this mindset?

Potus1976

Was there in October with the new magic bands. We did the FP+ with reservations. Found it so much easier and nicer. Didn't have to get to a park early and run to your favorite attraction to get a FP before they ran out for the day (i.e. Toy Story Mania or Soarin). We still did every attraction, show, and night time show we wanted. Didn't have to wait in long lines and walked right on attractions for our FP+ reservations. Having been to WDW many times (2 or 3 times a year) I found that the new system works beautifully.

disney4life2008

People who follow rules. Why don't you grab an empty juice carton and go into Club Cool and fill it up? It's free and drinks are expensive so why not? You don't because it is not the right thing to do.
well I am sorry to inform you. But I have an annual pass and fpplus and if allowed I will be using both! Sue me and the other people who have done the same thing since fpplus has been rolled out.

lazyboy97o

FastPass+ is not dependent on having a MagicBand (but Disney seems to be pushing that suggestion). As of now, access to FastPass depends on your resort. And as with the way FastPass+ started at a few resorts, expect the number of resorts not participating in FastPass to only increase. If you are at one of these resorts asking for the Key to the World card will still not get you access to FastPass, only FastPass+.

Ralphlaw

Suppose I wanted to ride both Test Track and Soarin'. Right now, I can only Fastpass+ for one of them. If I can use both, I can get Fastpasses for both--a Fastpass+ for Soarin' and a mad rush to Test Track for a paper Fastpass. FYI, I refuse to stand in line for an hour for anything.

For the price of getting into the park, you'd think there'd be a convenient way to do both, not pick one or the other, and not stand in line for an hour plus for one of them.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Suppose I wanted to ride both Test Track and Soarin'. Right now, I can only Fastpass+ one of them. If I can use both, I can get Fastpasses for both--a Fastpass+ for Soarin' and a mad rush to Test Track for a paper Fastpass. FYI, I refuse to stand in line for an hour for anything.

For the price of getting into the park, you'd think there'd be a convenient way to do both, not pick one or the other, and not stand in line for an hour plus for one of them.

There used to be a convenient way when we had Fastpass. Alas, now that it is no more, the only way to avoid long lines in the parks is to dovetail FP+ usage with an early arrival (or making efficient use of extra magic hours). If you can travel at off-peak times of year, that will increase the effectiveness of both strategies.

I also refuse to wait in long lines, and believe you me, this change is beyond frustrating to all of us who knew how to use the old Fastpass system.

PhilliesFan1980

We have enjoyed the Magic Bands and FP+. Once it's out of beta testing others will probably see its benefits as well. While it's in beta testing I just don't see the major harm in double dipping with paper FP as well. That as a moral crime pales in comparison to something like people joining a scooter tour while traveling the parks. The % of people who have Magic Bands and double dip just isn't that big relative to the many thousands who visit the parks.

Rob562

Suppose I wanted to ride both Test Track and Soarin'. Right now, I can only Fastpass+ one of them. If I can use both, I can get Fastpasses for both--a Fastpass+ for Soarin' and a mad rush to Test Track for a paper Fastpass. FYI, I refuse to stand in line for an hour for anything.

I also refuse to wait in long lines, and believe you me, this change is beyond frustrating to all of us who knew how to use the old Fastpass system.

Just out of curiosity... What did you do when you visited WDW before 1999?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom