No More New color scheme Buses at WDW

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
So during my most recent trip I spoke with a CM who worked transportation.

I asked about the new Silver Buses. He said....They aren't going to replace anymore buses with the sliver ones.
They just got in, or ordered, 52 new White Buses.

As for the Articulating Buses....they are too expensive and, from what he said, they have 12 of them and they will be relegated to specific, high capacity resorts (Art of Animation included).

Don't scathe me. I'm just reporting what he said.

Goofyernmost

it is actually a wrap -- IIRC
Right... It's a frozen wrap! It is amazing how much information the CM's get about the inner workings and plans of Disney, be it transportation or anything else. Yet, no information is ever officially released and much of it would have no reason to be. Why does the public need to know how many buses that Disney may or may not be buying and what color they will be?

CDavid

Why does the public need to know how many buses that Disney may or may not be buying and what color they will be?

Curiosity and personal interest, perhaps?

Regardless, we're both here posting on one of dozens (hundreds?) of websites devoted to Walt Disney World. You can find everything from restaurant menus to what sort of view to expect from each resort room; We discuss all manner of exceedingly minor detail such as park benches, restroom decor and music tracks, and get regular updates on the construction of new parking garages.

And yet you find it surprising or odd people would be interested in WDW buses? Really? :confused:

Goofyernmost

Curiosity and personal interest, perhaps?

Regardless, we're both here posting on one of dozens (hundreds?) of websites devoted to Walt Disney World. You can find everything from restaurant menus to what sort of view to expect from each resort room; We discuss all manner of exceedingly minor detail such as park benches, restroom decor and music tracks, and get regular updates on the construction of new parking garages.

And yet you find it surprising or odd people would be interested in WDW buses? Really? :confused:
No I didn't say that at all. Of course, people are interested. Heck, I was in the busing business so I am very interested in it, however, that doesn't mean that a random CM would have any idea what Disney upper levels are planning to do. I like information, but, I'd rather have no information then erroneous information. Also, if the information is correct, what does it matter to anyone? It isn't like someone said... Hey, starting next Monday, all of Disney busing will be discontinued. All resort guests will be given a site map and given directions to the parks and other Disney spots. Good luck!

goodyman33

I love reading on this site, and as you can tell never comment much, however can I just say I think goofy was just passing on information which he thinks some people might be interested in.i remember a few years back they used to hand out cards with bus information on them. ie capacity,year of manufacture etc.so yes I guess some people are interested. my guess is cdavid had a bad day in the office and came on here to have a dig at somebody.can I suggest politely don't bother next time..

dstrawn9889

3uxe.png

darn old file on imageshack, and they want me to pay to link to it... anyway, this is a spreadsheet that i keep on me at the park... all 12 monorails, all three ferrys, the different styles of bus (and a place to keep track of bus #'s for the trip) inc the WDWRR and the JC boats as well... larger size coming l8R

RAXIP

Silver bus:
ip7r7V6U1qPzG.jpg

White bus:
2013WDW12_zpsa6802a87.jpg

Edit to add:
From 2013:
Silver bus scheme is being scrapped.. It's too costly for repairs and touch-ups.. (roughly double that of the White base).. White / Red is the new scheme.. Studio wrapped buses (Like the Ferb and Marvel) as funded by Disney pictures.. Separate budgets, so expect that to continue... It helps spread the costs out to another division.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-bus-colors.872105/

MonorailMan

I really like the silver ones too... I do understand why they aren't adding more articulated buses though. They're extrodinarily expensive and do require lots of turning room so they don't go over a curb and lots of logistical stuff.

Flalex72

it is actually a wrap -- IIRC

I highly doubt any of the silver buses are wrapped - they have none of the tell tale signs of being a wrap job. Usually with a wrap you can see the underlying white in key places that are tricky to wrap, like around the headlights and on radiator grilles. On the V drive Nova buses, the black grille behind the windows appears silver, and on the Gilligs the grills at the back are silver with red stripes, which is difficult to achieve with a wrap. The AC units are also silver, another giveaway that it's paint. Any of the non-standard liveries (promotional stuff etc.) would be a wrap.

I really like the silver ones too... I do understand why they aren't adding more articulated buses though. They're extrodinarily expensive and do require lots of turning room so they don't go over a curb and lots of logistical stuff.

An articulated bus is generally slightly more expensive per passenger, but this can be made up over the lifespan of the bus by reduced fuel (per pax mile) and operator costs. They have a very similar turning radius to a regular 40 foot bus, if not better. The only real restriction is platform lengths, which is why you only see them at Magic Kingdom, with it's new longer bus bays.

DManRightHere

For articulated buses, if the capacity is needed, they're the way to go. 1 bus, 1 driver, 1 maintenance, 1 insurance will be cheaper than 2 buses. As long as an articulating costs less than 2 buses.

The biggest major problems has to be pulling up to the bus stop, and a bit larger turning radius is needed. Just the rear tires (past the pivot point) will travel farther to the inside than the tires before the pivot of the bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom