No more loose ice starting May 1

beertiki

When visiting a hotel, I always have a plan as to how I will keep my beer cold. If I was a regular user of insulin, I would think that I would have a plan too.

Empty 12 pack, put trash bag in, put 6 Beers back in the 12 pm, then fill with ice.

Double sinks - use one for beer

Two beers in the ice bucket

Use the trash can.

Or, buy a decent cooler. My current cooler came with us when we had to evacuate from Hurricane Irma. 5 nights, at Universal, then 5 nights at the Poly. Never had an issue with the beer, coffee creamer, or food getting warm. A good cooler will keep it's contents cold for 48 hours or more. If I needed to keep medicine or breast milk cold, I would not rely on a $19.95 wal mart cooler. Here in Key West, you can get a frozen Key Lime Pie mailed to California, and it gets there cold. As to how a regular user of insulin can not figure out how to keep it cold for 8 hours at a theme park, with all the zip lock bags of ice you can carry is beyond my comprehension.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A thought, perhaps this is a a subtle way for them to try to lower the amount of coolers coming in. For instance, before the rule, you have a soft sided cooler, throw some ice in it and off you go. When you are done eating lunch you dump the ice, fold up the cooler and you are set. Now....you have to carry around and the ice packs all day. Ice packs that took up valuable space and weight when you packed to head to Florida. So maybe you decide it's not worth the hassle?

If you use ice in sealable baggies, then you can dump the ice out of them, too.

JoeCamel

Not the world's biggest news but wanted to make anyone aware who might be planning on doing this on an upcoming trip. Loose ice and dry ice will not be permitted into the parks beginning May 1. You can apparently still go by Food and Beverage and gets complimentary cups of ice if you want to go that route. Disney is recommending re-usable ice packs instead. If you are staying in a room without freezing privileges then you may need to get fairly creative.

View attachment 359688
Clients not guests..
Sigh...

Lensman

A thought, perhaps this is a a subtle way for them to try to lower the amount of coolers coming in. For instance, before the rule, you have a soft sided cooler, throw some ice in it and off you go. When you are done eating lunch you dump the ice, fold up the cooler and you are set. Now....you have to carry around and the ice packs all day. Ice packs that took up valuable space and weight when you packed to head to Florida. So maybe you decide it's not worth the hassle?
If you use ice in sealable baggies, then you can dump the ice out of them, too.
The conspiracy here isn't to sell fewer coolers, it's to sell more ziploc bags!

I want to read that Ziploc sponsorship contract between TWDC and SCJohnson. The real conspiracy could lie there! Lol

Cesar R M

The conspiracy here isn't to sell fewer coolers, it's to sell more ziploc bags!

I want to read that Ziploc sponsorship contract between TWDC and SCJohnson. The real conspiracy could lie there! Lol

Brer Oswald

OK, so how is banning loose ice regressive?
It’s a toss up. On one hand, I guess it minimizes the methods for people to sneak in concealed weapons. On the other, it seems like a sneaky method to get all guests paying for overpriced beverages, which is just going to lead to more dehydration and fatigue in the parks. It’s a detriment for many to the QoL of Park days.

peter11435

It’s a toss up. On one hand, I guess it minimizes the methods for people to sneak in concealed weapons. On the other, it seems like a sneaky method to get all guests paying for overpriced beverages, which is just going to lead to more dehydration and fatigue in the parks. It’s a detriment for many to the QoL of Park days.
Ice can still be brought in, just not loose.

Ice can still be acquired in the park to keep your outside beverages cool.

All quick service locations still provide free ice water.

There’s nothing sneaky going on here.

Brer Oswald

Ice can still be brought in, just not loose.

Ice can still be acquired in the park to keep your outside beverages cool.

All quick service locations still provide free ice water.

There’s nothing sneaky going on here.
So what’s the purpose of the rule? I can just shove a bunch of ice inside a giant ziploc and have no problem? Can’t I then make it loose inside the parks?

Movielover

So what’s the purpose of the rule? I can just shove a bunch of ice inside a giant ziploc and have no problem? Can’t I then make it loose inside the parks?
Yes! the whole point of this is to help speed up security checks and not have to force security to dig their hands into exposed ice. What you do with the solid version of water inside of a bag or other container after security is not at the top of Disney's care list!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom