No More Free Samples at Ghirardelli

DisneyCane

Original Poster
Was at DS yesterday and stopped by the Ghirardelli store. They no longer give out free samples. I overheard somebody actually asking about it. I figured it out when there was nobody handing out samples. I don't know how somebody isn't embarrassed to ask for them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Was at DS yesterday and stopped by the Ghirardelli store. They no longer give out free samples. I overheard somebody actually asking about it. I figured it out when there was nobody handing out samples. I don't know how somebody isn't embarrassed to ask for them.

When I was there in May they were giving out the Mini's instead of the full sized ones they used to give out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A definite difference between this and Boutique Lindt Paris Opera, where anyone can walk in and grab a sample from a huge variety of their chocolates, no questions asked, no purchase expected. :eek: My wife and I both stopped in and grabbed a sample while waiting for the next hop on/hop off bus to arrive.

DisneyCane

Original Poster
Likely just out restocking the basket. It can take them a while. While getting a Hot Chocolate once, I watched as ~40 guests made the walk of shame out before someone returned with a basket full of goodies.
Nope. Someone asked the lady and she told them that they don't give them at the door anymore. She said something about requesting a sample of something you want to purchase.

tissandtully

Alot of people make it a must stop for the free chocolate. Maybe said people are not buying any product and they are now at a cost loss. :( sad day for free chocolate
Seeing as I’ve been getting that free sample since that store opened and have yet to see someone buy anything afterwards, not surprised at all. That store is all built on ice cream and hot chocolates.

Kman101

Seeing as I’ve been getting that free sample since that store opened and have yet to see someone buy anything afterwards, not surprised at all. That store is all built on ice cream and hot chocolates.

Taking away the free sample isn't likely to increase the amount of sales they get. It seems cheap on their part. And I'm someone who never once got a free chocolate. It just seems silly to worry about things like this.

EOD K9

I did buy a small batch of pumpkin spice and the raspberry flavor. I was sure to hold it up to the basket bearer as if to say thanks. Kind of similar to when you want the person behind the counter to see you put money into the tip jar.

Clamman73

The week before Thanksgiving when I was there they were giving out the full size...I think it was the peppermint bark one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom