No More Free Samples at Ghirardelli

Kman101

As @lazyboy97o said, giving out a free sample isn't unique to the Disney Springs location. Have they stopped giving out free samples at the other Ghiardelli's? What about DCA?

wdizneew

During my trip mid-December, they were handing out the peppermint bark. In my recent trip last week, they were not handing out anything. Saw a lot of disappointed people walk through, including me :( I thought maybe because it's low season and most of the people coming by are locals haha

bhg469

Last time I went in there was to purchase my annual chocolate chip cookie.. I never take the chocolate because something about the caramel sitting in my mouth in the summer heat, just doesnt sit well. Much to my dismay, the beloved cookie is no longer THE cookie... I didn't lose 100+ lbs and under 190 for the first time in my life to not get my one cookie!!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Interesting. They were giving out free samples when we were at DCA a week ago, and we also got samples at the Ghirardelli next to the El Capitan this past Friday night.

OG Runner

Interesting. They were giving out free samples when we were at DCA a week ago, and we also got samples at the Ghirardelli next to the El Capitan this past Friday night.

Now, announced that they will not be doing it. Too bad. It is a nice little treat that usually leads to sales.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Given the number of people here and on reddit who are saddened by this because they would *regularly* stop by for the freebies, I imagine they had to stop it because they were losing millions of dollars.

Last edited:

Brooklin Disney Dad

It was a stop for us along the way as my family enjoyed DS. A little nugget to keep the kids shopping. Too bad but I am sure it’s a sound business decision. We never bought a thing in there.

wdwfan22

Now, announced that they will not be doing it. Too bad. It is a nice little treat that usually leads to sales.

I doubt it really leads to any sales. There were so many off duty Cast Members, locals, bloggers and returning Guests that would go every visit for a piece of chocolate. Those people are not likely to buy anything from them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I doubt it really leads to any sales. There were so many off duty Cast Members, locals, bloggers and returning Guests that would go every visit for a piece of chocolate. Those people are not likely to buy anything from them.

Just how many Disney bloggers do you think exist?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom