No more free bread at table service....

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Did i just read ten pages of people going back and forth about bread, and other misc crap. I guess this is what its come to.

On a side note, I prefer a nice crusty bread, with a soft middle. With some olive oil maybe. Dang it, now i'm hungry. wth.
You're NEVER going to find a baguette like Leidenheimer's baguettes. Unless you go to Paris...
1583508365324.png

Simba’s Mom

Fine dining has cloth napkins that need to be cleaned and laundered. More budget cuts and maybe we will get paper napkins like at McDonalds.

However, cloth napkins are more environmentally correct-reusable. In some respects it might be ironic to increase the use of paper napkins, while taking away straws for nearly opposite reasons

Kingtut

One factor I haven't noticed as being mentioned, is that taking away bread may speed up meals.

Meals at WDW are already so rushed. Order an appetizer? Expect to see it 30 seconds after you order. Then you have 20 seconds to eat it before your entree comes out as they try and turn over tables as quickly as humanly possible.

Eating bread slows people down. Guests can address their immediate hunger issues and then linger over the menu a bit longer. Can't have that.

Sometimes I appreciate the efficiency, but most of the time I just want to relax and enjoy my meal without feeling like I'm taking up valuable space.
You made me think of another way to make money - bread used to be free but isn't any more. Use of tables also is free but Disney is under no obligation to continue that - so we could have a table charge as well. If we added timers we could charge by the minute as well.

$.5.99 for bread
$15.99 for 20 minutes of table use
$6.99 for 17 minutes of chair use ( not having it align with the tables increases revenue) x 4
$1.50 for Water Glass use ( water is free by law but I bet they forgot to mention containers)

I could go on but it's time to get back to the virus thread.

KeithVH

For all of you making a stink that "it's just bread" - I'm assuming that's your attitude when it comes to everything else that TDO has removed over the last twenty+ years? Y'all are definitely the frog in the pot as the heat slowly increases (over the twenty+ years). It's always just "one little thing, how can you complain about it, the fact your are complaining over such a minor things shows how pathetic you are". Such an ad hominem argument while not addressing the real problem.

How many actually remember what the parks and/or dining experiences were like back in the 80s and 90s? Not saying it was perfect but, in general, definitely a d_mn sight better back then than now. One of these days, the fanbois/fangrls are going to wake up and realize they've been walmarted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom