No more free bread at table service....

MickeyLuv'r

2. If pre-meal bread is so important... how come QS doesn't give it to you? When I'm in line waiting to order a turkey leg, they should come around with some bread.

Uh, your post makes no sense.
QS = everything served to you at once. The "Q" stands for quick.
Second, nearly every QS meal has bread/starch. A turkey leg isn't a meal, but I challenge you to find a QS meal that doesn't have any starch. Even entrée salads have tortilla strips or croutons.

As I said earlier, starch is cheap and filling. It expands when mixed with liquid. At first, it actually makes you more hungry; ideally, at the time you are ordering. Later, it makes us feel full and often sleepy.

That's the real reason bread and water are usually free.

Well, that and it is a very ancient custom. Sharing hospitality with guests was considered a sacred duty, in part because the stranger entering your house just might be a deity (or angel) in disguise. Sharing bread and water was a covenant of peace. In many parts of the world, this custom still exists.

Further, the cost of bread is incorporated into the cost of the meal, and well, they are in every meal because starch is cheap and filling. The trifecta of processed foods is starch+fat+sugar/salt.

TrainsOfDisney

Once you check in, you immediately log into MDE and join a BREAD GROUP. This is Disney’s newest and most ambitious food.

*Note* Bread is limited. Joining a Bread Group does not guarantee a waiter/waitress will serve you bread.

Don’t forget- the bread oven is brand new, nobody has ever built a bread oven this complex so please realize that not every guest who wants bread will be able to get it.

James J

In the Parks
No
Uh, your post makes no sense.
QS = everything served to you at once. The "Q" stands for quick.
Second, nearly every QS meal has bread/starch. A turkey leg isn't a meal, but I challenge you to find a QS meal that doesn't have any starch. Even entrée salads have tortilla strips or croutons.

As I said earlier, starch is cheap and filling. It expands when mixed with liquid. At first, it actually makes you more hungry; ideally, at the time you are ordering. Later, it makes us feel full and often sleepy.

That's the real reason bread and water are usually free.

Well, that and it is a very ancient custom. Sharing hospitality with guests was considered a sacred duty, in part because the stranger entering your house just might be a deity (or angel) in disguise. Sharing bread and water was a covenant of peace. In many parts of the world, this custom still exists.

Further, the cost of bread is incorporated into the cost of the meal, and well, they are in every meal because starch is cheap and filling. The trifecta of processed foods is starch+fat+sugar/salt.

The joke. I think you missed it.

Touchdown

E7563E67-87E4-4BA6-97A9-DBA2F51EF43E.jpeg

dieboy

Did i just read ten pages of people going back and forth about bread, and other misc crap. I guess this is what its come to.

On a side note, I prefer a nice crusty bread, with a soft middle. With some olive oil maybe. Dang it, now i'm hungry. wth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom