Door opens slowly.

"Greetings, Guests.
Because you put decorations on your window,
you've been sentenced to sit through Stitch's Great Escape
for eight hours, non-stop.
Get your park tickets and follow me !"

:eek::eek:

Dragonrider1227

I could actually understand this. Not only from the safety point that was already mentioned, but for a financial point. God knows how much their electric bill must be shot up by the Osborn Family lights alone. Then you've got the stuff they do in the Magic Kingdom, AND Epcot, AND most of their deluxe resorts, guests putting lights on in the rooms only add to an already pretty high electric bill. Plus, it's technically not the guest's rooms to be decorating in the first place. That's why they're called "guests." Not "Residents."

vickyvale

My understanding is not that Disney will charge if people decide to decorate their own doors/rooms; however they will soon offer packages where you can pay in advance to have your room decorated for a special occasion - birthday, anniversary, princess theme, etc.

aeillill

I can understand them not allowing lights to be put up in windows, but I'd be sad if I couldn't put anything up. We always decorate our window since we go around the time of mine & my mothers birthday.

surfsupdon

If true, this ruins one of the magical little things about the Christmas Season. I've never decorated myself, but I sure did enjoy looking at everyone's decorations!

That is so incredibly true. Never decorated ourselves, but enjoyed seeing the windows and balconies around Crescent Lake all decked out for Christmas.:xmas:

ejeremy98

i never even knew people did this! this takes Disney to an all new level for me. leave it to the maniacs on this website to dream this one up! i love it!

WDWRLD

My understanding is not that Disney will charge if people decide to decorate their own doors/rooms; however they will soon offer packages where you can pay in advance to have your room decorated for a special occasion - birthday, anniversary, princess theme, etc.

They will already do that for you....that is if you are willing to pay a arm and a LEG for it......:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

WDWRLD

I do have one of the leg lamps...well its the night light one. Couldnt talk DW into adding the full size one to our christmas collection.....I dont know why though?

Mimi

I came upon the leg lamp in a gift catalog. I thought about getting one for my DH, but there really is no place to put it.:lookaroun

My neighbors have one... in their front window. I had to turn around and drive past again in order to make myself believe it!!!

As for decorations, it never would have occurred to me that anyone would do this, but I LOVE IT!!! What a great and cute idea! Only at Disney! They HAVE to continue to allow it! (Not only because they would be killing the spirit of Christmas if they didn't but b/c the power used can not have an impact on the issue - they provide outlets and internet access with no questions asked. If they started to regulate what exactly guests plugged in they could open up all sorts of unwanted issues.) I must go during the Christmas season just to see this!! :xmas:

rainfully

What about people at the campgound? If its a cleaning issue, it shouldn't be a problem, as people decorate their own rvs/campers. However if its an electrical or safety issue... that's a huge thing as some of those people put Clark Griswold to shame.

I absolutely adore driving through the Campground at Christmastime...

PhilharMagician

We always decorate when we are there for the Christamas season. We only put lights out on the balcony around railings and pillars. I always use cable ties and make sure I leave nothing behind. Of course we have a giant blow-up and lit Santa Claus out on the balcony. Last year Santa got to watch illuminations every night from our balcony at the Beach Club Villas

VT GAL

I just spoke to reservations, and no one knew anything about it...but I am not sure if they would know...

Would the best thing to do is call the resort directly? It is both the holidays and my Mom's birthday so I wanted to decorate...this is a bummer!!!! :(:(:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom