No Longer able to modify Dining ADRs after IOS app update.

kverdon

Original Poster
I just updated the Disneyworld app on my iPhone and have discovered that I can no longer modify dining ADRs in the APP. The Modify button is gone. I can still do it on my wife’s phone as I had not updated her app. You may wish to hold off updating until they get this fixed.

JohnD

Just looked at it after you pointed it out. Yeah, gone. I emailed them feedback to ask why or was that an oversight.

JohnD

I received a response (emphasis mine):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Disney Parks & Resorts Digital team.

We are sorry for any disappointment experienced trying to modify dining on the mobile app, and would like to assure you that our teams are aware of it and are working on a resolution.

While we work to resolve this issue, you may wish to visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/ from your mobile device's web browser to view and modify any reservations you booked online or through the app.

Thank you again for sharing your observations with us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

kverdon

Original Poster
I received a response (emphasis mine):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Disney Parks & Resorts Digital team.

We are sorry for any disappointment experienced trying to modify dining on the mobile app, and would like to assure you that our teams are aware of it and are working on a resolution.

While we work to resolve this issue, you may wish to visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/ from your mobile device's web browser to view and modify any reservations you booked online or through the app.

Thank you again for sharing your observations with us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
Yep, they got the message, now when you use the app and look at your plans you get this annoying popup every time that says “Do you need to modify you dining reservation? Then go to this website...” 🙄

JohnD

Yep, they got the message, now when you use the app and look at your plans you get this annoying popup every time that says “Do you need to modify you dining reservation? Then go to this website...” 🙄

Yep. I’m sure it’s a stopgap before the next update is pushed out.

JohnD

So I just contacted them again:

Thank you for re-adding Modify a Dinner Reservation.​
Only one problem. The app is having trouble loading that feature on any reservation I already have. I would still have to go to the website to modify a reservation.​

DisneyGigi

My modify was missing but after I updated iOS today it is back. I changed one, and it was about the same time as it always is. Slow!

And this is why you should never update any app, or any other software immediately when an update comes out. Especially if it is software that you use even somewhat frequently, or stuff like operating system updates quickly on devices you need. I work in software development and you would be surprised how often stuff like this, or worse problems can slip through. Plus, (not trying to be a Disney hater, or rude or anything) but the development team that handles the My Disney Experience app seems to be notoriously bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom