No LL for international guest ?

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been posted before, just hearing that uk/international guests wont be able to make the 3 or 7 day before you stay with the new LL they have planned for 24.07.24, we are staying in WDW January, not great news i must say, excluding guests outside the US seems unfair, so what we get 1/2 hr before the parks open, wowsers, if anyone knows any different please let me know. if this is indeed true, thats 💩

JaxFLBear

Sorry if this has been posted before, just hearing that uk/international guests wont be able to make the 3 or 7 day before you stay with the new LL they have planned for 24.07.24, we are staying in WDW January, not great news i must say, excluding guests outside the US seems unfair, so what we get 1/2 hr before the parks open, wowsers, if anyone knows any different please let me know. if this is indeed true, thats 💩
International guests can book at either 3 or 7 days as long as they are physically in the US at that time.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
International guests can book at either 3 or 7 days as long as they are physically in the US at that time.
Yeah but we arrive 21st jan 2025, straight to the resort ASM, this is crazy for us, why would we fly there 3-7 days before our holiday just to book passes for the parks. they've really thought this one through ( not ) no perk at all for spending thousands of pounds staying in WDW, hoping they will see sense, cant believe we will be the only ones that this will effect, thx for reply 👍

wdwfan4ver

Who do we even blame at this point?
Bob?
Josh?
Jeff?
There are 2 people to be blamed for this. When it comes to the charging Fast Pass system and its changes to it, the people responsible for that is the CEO and the Chairman of the Parks.

I believe the Bob Iger wanted to changes from Lightning lane and Genie plus. Josh also to be blamed also.

JIMINYCR

IMHO if you are staying on property, spending your money at a Dis resort ( of any level ) which Dis prefers so you end up spending more on your trip that benefits them, then you should reap the benefits. It shouldnt matter if you are flying in from another region of the world. You should have the same access as any other resort guest.

John park hopper

In the words of the soup nazi No LL for you
1720365585246.png

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
IMHO if you are staying on property, spending your money at a Dis resort ( of any level ) which Dis prefers so you end up spending more on your trip that benefits them, then you should reap the benefits. It shouldnt matter if you are flying in from another region of the world. You should have the same access as any other resort guest.
That’s very kind of you, that’s all we are asking for, a bit of fairness . 👍

MissingDisney

That’s very kind of you, that’s all we are asking for, a bit of fairness . 👍
Respectfully, businesses are not required to be “fair”. Fairness is subjective. Sure they have to follow certain guidelines regarding laws and what not but the rest is their choice.

Issues come about when their choices do not align with customer expectations. Such is the case in this situation.

Disney doesn’t care about changing it because people are still making the trip to visit, even knowing they are going to be disappointed or there will be a disparity in experience. Until people express their distain by not buying their product, they have no motivation to change.

They have proven over and over they are not concerned with public opinion. “If you’re still buying tickets you must not be that upset about it….”

BTW, I think it‘s terrible too. At some point you have to make a decision if you want to spend your money elsewhere.

JIMINYCR

Yes Disney can put in place any policy they want and fairness be da$&@d. But as I see it it’s about consistency in policy. What difference does it make where the guest is coming from. They are on property. What if Dis decided all guests west of the Mississippi couldn’t get on the perk? What if all guests with no kids were charged more for dining because seats weren’t filled at tables. It’s a foolish inconsistent policy.

mysto

So don't claim to be from the UK, get a VPN and log in as an American. It's what I do when I want to watch BBC programs that aren't available in the US.
Based on other anecdotes I've read, Disney is identifying source country by the credit card billing address. If true using a VPN wouldn't work.

Keep in mind this is NOT inside information, I do not know what I'm talking about. You should really see me as comic relief.

fradz

Based on other anecdotes I've read, Disney is identifying source country by the credit card billing address. If true using a VPN wouldn't work.

Keep in mind this is NOT inside information, I do not know what I'm talking about. You should really see me as comic relief.
Say you're from the UK and arrive in the US for a month trip through the east coast. Your credit card billing address would still be in the UK when you're making your purchases in NYC or wherever. Ergo that wouldn't work.

And you can most definitely spoof your location on a mobile phone, or even better, on a PC pretending to be a mobile phone. Pokemon Go players have been doing so for 8 years, even when Niantic, the company commercializing the game, has been trying to stop them since the beginning.

nickys

Premium Member

This is not true.

Apps use GPS to determine location. Which is why a vpn won’t work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom