No FP at PhilharMagic, Laugh Floor on 11/1

BigThunderMatt

Theater based shows should not have fastpasses. Muppets fast pass for example is pointless but easyto staff, pillar magic requires an additional cm.

But then how would people who didn't know about FastPass and didn't book until they arrived feel like they're getting to bypass some lines? They've gotta have something there to make people who don't know how to plan feel like they're getting something, even when they're not. /sarcasm

RSoxNo1

I'd like to add omnimovers to your list as well. The only reasons lines for those rides get long are because of FP.
If FP+ was limited to day of only (I.E. revert back to the legacy/MaxPass system) they can make a determination at individual attractions day of. Omnimover or not shouldn't be the determining factor, demand vs. capacity should be. Kilimanjaro Safaris has a higher capacity than Haunted Mansion, but on most days the demand for Safaris is higher. On the other end, something like Mad Tea Party has a lower capacity that all of them but the demand isn't there. Mad Tea Party would likely require FP+ on less days than Haunted Mansion.

geekza

I know someone who can help with answers on this one. I've reached out to them and will let you all know if I hear anything.

Kman101

If FP+ was limited to day of only (I.E. revert back to the legacy/MaxPass system) they can make a determination at individual attractions day of. Omnimover or not shouldn't be the determining factor, demand vs. capacity should be. Kilimanjaro Safaris has a higher capacity than Haunted Mansion, but on most days the demand for Safaris is higher. On the other end, something like Mad Tea Party has a lower capacity that all of them but the demand isn't there. Mad Tea Party would likely require FP+ on less days than Haunted Mansion.

Day of is how it should be. MaxPass gets it right. Isn't there some reason they want guests to book a FP far out though?

geekza

Day of is how it should be. MaxPass gets it right. Isn't there some reason they want guests to book a FP far out though?
It certainly gives Disney a very general idea of the popularity of an attraction and which parts of the park will be busy on a given day, so they can plan staffing accordingly. It isn't perfect, but it's useful data.

geekza

I just spoke with my friend who is in the show (and has been since it started) and he said that they just underwent a refurb last year to install 4K screens and that everything is business as usual at the Laugh Floor. He seemed surprised when I mentioned FastPasses because he said that, because of the way the show is constructed and the fact that it holds a lot of people for each performance, you don't ever really need one. Maybe they're just removing the attraction from the list because there's no reason for it to be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom