No FastPass for Star Wars?!

Minnie1986

I've just read on the WDW website that FastPass+ will not be available for Smuggler's Run in the new Star Wars land. Holy %$#!, How on earth are they going to manage that or are people supposed to plan? What are you guys planning to do? My head is spinning!

correcaminos

I know it's not super helpful without details, but Iger did confirm that the last shareholder event that there would be a mechanism in place for GWD.
Yeah, it's the unknown for me right now. I know I'm lucky compared to some people in that walking is no issue for me. It's just a lot anxiety inducing to not know what I'd be in for. We have time though to find out. As of now no CM I've talked to knows what to expect. If it's a legit return time like usual, I'm more than good. I don't try to use the DAS a lot either and if needed we will do the VIP Tour.

Keep an eye on that.

Over on Touring Plans, someone asked Signature Services if the VIP tour would include Galaxy’s Edge and the Millenium Falcon ride (they’re going in September), and was told it hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Edited: I see you said next Summer, it should do by then! Or there’ll be a paid option of some kind.

Yep since it's next summer, the person I spoke with while booking our final Illuminations cruise said it's likely we'll be good next summer for it. Just to book right at 180 days. So they assume next summer we can. That might all change. They had no clue what the DAS would be like either and couldn't confirm that it would be there. *sigh*

Upvote 0

Andrew Appleby

We're in the world in Aug 2020 so 12 months after opening. I'm hoping it will have quietened down a little and that FP+ are in place for SWGE. W do have 14 days there so I'm sure we'll get it done though either way.

Upvote 0

Legendary

The bright side is that Disney land will get this first and iron out all the crowd issues. It cant hurt to have the numbers and such and how the 1 ride will move. They wont be the same situation but it will help for sure.
They are already having issues. Apparently, there were issues with the reservations that were emailed out to guests yesterday. Quickly fixed it and new reservations were sent out.

Upvote 0

Tinker218

We are going to Disneyland June 2-5. This trip was planned way before Star Wars thing was opening the end of May there. We are staying at the Grand Californian with my son and his family. The resort is assigning guests a reservation time to enter Star Wars Land on a certain day and time during your trip. You have a 4 hour time span to visit and ride. I received our email yesterday with our date and time. This is only for on site guests. My husband and I have no interest in it, but my son and grandchildren are very excited!

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Personally if I were going around the opening time at Disney World, I would be planning on not getting on the SW ride(s) and being pleasantly surprised if even seeing the land looked feasible. But really, it's hard to say anything until the land actually opens and there are real accounts from guests.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

The bright side is that Disney land will get this first and iron out all the crowd issues. It cant hurt to have the numbers and such and how the 1 ride will move. They wont be the same situation but it will help for sure.
I'm wondering if that's why they are planning the reservation system there, though I'm not sure how 4hour increments would work. Are they going to give colored bands and eject ppl not in their 4 hour window? Maybe if they work out the details the same system will be used at DHS for awhile. Considering it's only 38 days until opening at DL they could make up their mind just as close.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

I'm wondering if that's why they are planning the reservation system there, though I'm not sure how 4hour increments would work. Are they going to give colored bands and eject ppl not in their 4 hour window? Maybe if they work out the details the same system will be used at DHS for awhile. Considering it's only 38 days until opening at DL they could make up their mind just as close.

That is what is currently being discussed. The 4 hour time frame is accurate. What we think will happen is exactly like the after hours parties. You get a specific colored band for your time slot and cast members will then sweep the land of the expired colors at the end of their time slot.

Upvote 0

Tinker218

Will let you know how it works after I have done it!

Upvote 0

Nottamus

fingers crossed for our December 2019 WDW trip....don't really expect to get on a ride, but would like to at least walk through the land for awhile, take in the sights. We are back March 2020, and then fall 2020, so by then, maybe fastpasses (or slowpasses) will be up and running.

Either way, looking forward to seeing it completed!

Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
That is what is currently being discussed. The 4 hour time frame is accurate. What we think will happen is exactly like the after hours parties. You get a specific colored band for your time slot and cast members will then sweep the land of the expired colors at the end of their time slot.
So I have seen that they have started informing folks of their reservation slot for DL, and it is for a 4-hour block. Which is theoretically fine (even though I think I could probably spend a full 12-16 hour day looking around and not be bored). But that, to me, means that they must be intending to limit capacity so that there will never be a 3-4 hour line for Falcon. Or will it be like park closing - if you're in line when your time expires, you get to stay? Then, in addition to Falcon, they have Savi's and the droid building experiences, which are 20-30 minutes once you're able to get in. Plus a limited-capacity bar. Assuming 95% of folks that go to GE want to ride Falcon, there will have to be substantial prioritizing for the remaining experiences.

I'm one of the crazy people who booked a trip to WDW for opening the day the date was announced, so I'm hoping that TDO learns from TDA's opening. But we shall see...

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Would be nice if they do something at HS for people staying onsite, but I'm willing to pay for an event if they offer one. We always go in Dec. regardless, so this year will be a little more planning. We'll be there for a good while, so there might be a chance for us to get in. I'll just do what I always do when something new opens before my trip - read what others are saying that have already been and plan based on that.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Would be nice if they do something at HS for people staying onsite, but I'm willing to pay for an event if they offer one. We always go in Dec. regardless, so this year will be a little more planning. We'll be there for a good while, so there might be a chance for us to get in. I'll just do what I always do when something new opens before my trip - read what others are saying that have already been and plan based on that.

There are too many rooms onsite at WDW to do the same as at DL. There’s just not the capacity to accommodate everyone, let alone leave room for others to visit. Plus the logistics of scheduling everyone at 20+ resorts (Disney owned) versus just three would be an impossible task.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

There are too many rooms onsite at WDW to do the same as at DL. There’s just not the capacity to accommodate everyone, let alone leave room for others to visit. Plus the logistics of scheduling everyone at 20+ resorts (Disney owned) versus just three would be an impossible task.
That's what I figured, so I'll be ready to to pay for whatever event they come up with, besides a $10,000 vip tour. If that's the case, I'll just wait.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

I'll be there 2 weeks after it opens. My plan is to be at DHS very early on an extra magic morning, get in line and just plan on spending my whole day in line at Galaxy's Edge. If we make it thru there before everything closes then we just do what else we can. The night before will be an early night with dinner in Disney Springs so that we get a good nights sleep. I watched the fireworks from the hub on the Magic Kingdom's 40th, I'm ready for anything.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I'll be there 2 weeks after it opens. My plan is to be at DHS very early on an extra magic morning, get in line and just plan on spending my whole day in line at Galaxy's Edge. If we make it thru there before everything closes then we just do what else we can. The night before will be an early night with dinner in Disney Springs so that we get a good nights sleep. I watched the fireworks from the hub on the Magic Kingdom's 40th, I'm ready for anything.
This is pretty much my plan as well. Good luck to us both!

Upvote 0

Legendary

This is just mind blowing to me. People are ready to just throw money at Disney for access. They are willingly wanting to wait hours and hours to experience Star Wars. I just don’t get it! We planned our trip in August awhile ago and are excited that it will be open during our trip. If we manage to get a FP, great. Will we be disappointed if we don’t, sure. Will we wait 6 hours waiting in line? Absolutely not! That does not sound like a relaxing vacation for me. It will still be there next time we go. I work way too hard for my money than to waste it standing in line or paying for ridiculous overpriced upcharge events. News flash your life will not change based whether or not you get to experience Star Wars at opening.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
This is just mind blowing to me. People are ready to just throw money at Disney for access. They are willingly wanting to wait hours and hours to experience Star Wars. I just don’t get it! We planned our trip in August awhile ago and are excited that it will be open during our trip. If we manage to get a FP, great. Will we be disappointed if we don’t, sure. Will we wait 6 hours waiting in line? Absolutely not! That does not sound like a relaxing vacation for me. It will still be there next time we go. I work way too hard for my money than to waste it standing in line or paying for ridiculous overpriced upcharge events. News flash your life will not change based whether or not you get to experience Star Wars at opening.

For some people, many people even, this trip may be their only one or they may not be back for several years. Their perspective is bound to be different to that of someone who visits at least once a year. And not knowing how it will work makes it doubly hard to plan.

I’m glad that by the time I get back to WDW, the system will be in operation and I will know exactly what to expect. In the meantime I’ll try to help others work out what to do.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom