No Fantasmic! shows scheduled beyond January 4 2012 - refurb or something else?

Pioneer Hall

Hopefully a refurb of some sort...that show could surely use some re-imagining. However, it could also be that they just haven't decided that they are going to do when that offseason time hits in the beginning of the year.

Lee

Adventurer
I've heard talk of some much needed maintainence work for Fantasmic. Any other enhancements would just be a bonus.

hpyhnt 1000

If this were any other Disney park, I'd say it was a very much needed refurbishment, but, seeing that this is WDW and TDO we're dealing with, I have a bad feeling this is a cutback. C'mon TDO, make me eat my words.

ChristianG

Sounds very interesting. You have no idea how much I want a refurb for this show! It needs it. Maybe an upgraded dragon too! Maybe not full body and 50 ft tall like DL, but it def. needs an upgrade.

Jakester

We can hope its a refurb. But for how long will it close is the question.

As long as it isnt either scaled back (show wise) or doesnt perform at all, Im gunna be upset.

Team Disney Orlando, Make me view you guys as more capabable

mm52200

A refurb is much needed but what they should of been doing is what with the cutback schedule they could of slowly been going in and updating, fixing, replacing, enhancing things while keeping the show running. The show itself doesn't need to be changed really but honestly just a technology/infracstructure/equipment upgrade could do the show wonders. If we're lucky a new dragon or some other elements would be nice but I'll take what I can get.

Lucky

Hopefully any hiatus will be short. Fantasmic IMHO is the most important attraction for its park in WDW, even more than Everest for AK.

menamechris

Hopefully any hiatus will be short. Fantasmic IMHO is the most important attraction for its park in WDW, even more than Everest for AK.

Well, if they are going to do it - this would be the time. January is one of the absolute slowest times of the year. In fact, the nights in January that they do Fantastic, I have walked in 5 minutes before the show and gotten an awesome seat.

ToTBellHop

This is for a refurbishment of the mountain itself. Any additions? Who knows.

Should be back in service by the end of January unless they decide to do more major work.

RunnerEd

I wish they would wait to shut it down until after Marathon Weekend. That weekend is extremely busy but the Monday after, the runners head home and the parks dry up a lot.

My Friend is coming with me the last week in Jan next year---she has not been in 3 years and she told me the number 1 thing she wanted to do was see Fantasmic. :(

plaz10

I hope it's a refurb. and a big GREAT refurb at that. Upgraded dragon and effects.

BUT I honestly think they'll scrap it and bring something new. probably a WOC type show. If not a replica.

I will be oh so sad to see it go.

bgraham34

How could they need to close for a period of time when most of the year it only runs a few days a week. Is that not enough time to do what they need?

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Fantasmic for me has gotten stale especially if you to follow droves of people in and out of the amphitheater

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom