No-Expiration tickets?

CP_alum08

Do they still exist?

I was just looking/pricing this morning and I remember reading a while ago that a 10 day no-expiration ticket USED TO be about the breaking point before it was cheaper to buy an AP. Is this still the case or is the no-expiration option no longer available? I didn't see the option on the Disney site which is why I'm asking here!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I can see it:

10-day hopper with no expire option:
10 Day Ticket
spc.gif
$72.30
spc.gif
$70.40
spc.gif
$723.00

Link

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks. for some reason I never got to that page. Just for kicks; does "no expiration" REALLY mean no expiration? Ever?

Yep. If you buy a ten-day no expire ticket you can use it today and use the remaining 9 admissions thirty years from now if you want... Or if you lose the ticket in the sock drawer and find it thirty years from now... ;)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Yep. If you buy a ten-day no expire ticket you can use it today and use the remaining 9 admissions thirty years from now if you want... Or if you lose the ticket in the sock drawer and find it thirty years from now... ;)

But, if by some chance WDW adds a 5th gate, you won't be able to use it for that park. I used a really old ticket a couple of years ago - but it was only good for MK & Epcot. Or, I could have applied it towards an upgrade.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
But, if by some chance WDW adds a 5th gate, you won't be able to use it for that park. I used a really old ticket a couple of years ago - but it was only good for MK & Epcot. Or, I could have applied it towards an upgrade.

You just had to bring in the 5th gate, didn't you? Have you heard something you'd like to share? o_O

Upvote 0

Nemo14

That happened to us once too. It worked out though, since we were spending that day in Epcot anyway. I wonder how the new expiration would work with the Magic Band thingys now - does a band last forever?

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
That happened to us once too. It worked out though, since we were spending that day in Epcot anyway. I wonder how the new expiration would work with the Magic Band thingys now - does a band last forever?
The bands have active and passive RFID. The active uses a battery that will have a long, but limited life. Presumably any ticket info would be associated to the passive RFID, which technically would remain accessible forever. Worst case, it would be handled the same way as current tickets that can and do get de-magnetized, Guest Relations can look up the information and replace the media.

Upvote 0

Rob562

The bands have active and passive RFID. The active uses a battery that will have a long, but limited life. Presumably any ticket info would be associated to the passive RFID, which technically would remain accessible forever. Worst case, it would be handled the same way as current tickets that can and do get de-magnetized, Guest Relations can look up the information and replace the media.

Actually, the way the various menu items are listed on the app and website, it's looking like a "ticket" won't necessarily be linked to a particular piece of media anymore. You can link multiple MagicBands and RFID admission cards to your My Disney Experience profile. You can also link tickets to your profile. So each of those Bands and RFID cards is simply a pointer to your account, where the system looks up and validates your ticket once you wave your card/Band at the reader.

Presumably, as people make multiple trips, they could request a different color Band each trip and each would still point to their MDE profile, so they could choose which Band to wear that day and they'd *all* give them access to the active ticket stored on their profile.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Actually, the way the various menu items are listed on the app and website, it's looking like a "ticket" won't necessarily be linked to a particular piece of media anymore. You can link multiple MagicBands and RFID admission cards to your My Disney Experience profile. You can also link tickets to your profile. So each of those Bands and RFID cards is simply a pointer to your account, where the system looks up and validates your ticket once you wave your card/Band at the reader.

Presumably, as people make multiple trips, they could request a different color Band each trip and each would still point to their MDE profile, so they could choose which Band to wear that day and they'd *all* give them access to the active ticket stored on their profile.

-Rob
Absolutely. :D

I was answering specifically in relation to the question of "does the band last forever" rather than how the various info associated with it gets associated with it... In the sense of a guest returning with an old band as their admission media, if the battery is dead, the tickets tied to the band would likely still be accessible and if they weren't, a CM could trace from the band to find the account.

I think we both have the same understanding... :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom