No DVC Sliders?

Disneykidder

I guess they won't be sending them but may still have some available at resort desks.

People online have said that they are for sale on EBay. Sorry, but that is just uncool. I hope no person buys them. :confused:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I guess they won't be sending them but may still have some available at resort desks.

People online have said that they are for sale on EBay. Sorry, but that is just uncool. I hope no person buys them. :confused:
Lots of people do including me but only paid like $6 for 4 of them and no shipping last year. Would see lots of them sell out that I was watching before I bought mine so they are selling quite a few of them on there and also Passholder ones too. :rolleyes:

mcompanik

Original Poster
Just an update, We checked in on August 8th and asked at the front desk. The cast member looked at me like I had 2 heads when I told her what member services said. She said that they had PLENTY (she showed me a huge bag of them) and she was happy to give us some. So, if anyone else didn't get them with your Magic Bands, make sure to ask for them at the desk!

sxeensweet

Just an update, We checked in on August 8th and asked at the front desk. The cast member looked at me like I had 2 heads when I told her what member services said. She said that they had PLENTY (she showed me a huge bag of them) and she was happy to give us some. So, if anyone else didn't get them with your Magic Bands, make sure to ask for them at the desk!
Great news!! Also as you saw in another recent post I had a member services member telling me indeed we are supposed to get one and it's not been discontinued or limited so I think the member services member that said it was a limited offering had no clue what they were talking about! Haha! :)

what resort you stayed at?

lostpro9het

Just to support the fact that sliders ARE available, AKL has plenty to hand out right now!
20150916_135403.jpg

sxeensweet

Got our first box of bands (have a split stay) and NO SLIDERS AGAIN!! Our MDE accounts both say we are DVC members and it was a point stay and still no sliders like the last 3 -4 times. lol. Guess I will just have to ask for some DVC ones when we get there. I got our AP ones on my seperate AP band orders last month, but yep no DVC ones yet again with our boxes for our Oct stay. The other box will be here next week so maybe that one will have some but I doubt it because it's a DVC discount cash stay add on to our points stay portion. :(

Goofnut1980

Do they have AP sliders available to get as well? We renew in 11 days when we get there. But I would like to get them like the DVC ones that I will ask for.

sxeensweet

Do they have AP sliders available to get as well? We renew in 11 days when we get there. But I would like to get them like the DVC ones that I will ask for.
I would think all Guest Relation areas at DD and the parks should have those. The resorts may not have them but Guest Relations should. :)

JaxFLBear

Got our first box of bands (have a split stay) and NO SLIDERS AGAIN!!
DVC Sliders are no longer being sent out with MagicBands. DVC has confirmed that they were a limited time item. Most DVC resorts have them at the front desk, but this could be while supplies last.

sxeensweet

DVC Sliders are no longer being sent out with MagicBands. DVC has confirmed that they were a limited time item. Most DVC resorts have them at the front desk, but this could be while supplies last.
As I posted in this thread several times and mentioned in one of them that I called member services after the OP for something else and asked, and was read/told something totally different by member services.
I was told they should be in my box and the date they started sending them out to everyone (not just randomly like before) was like May something of this year. Also look and see other posters since she posted this thread did receive some in their boxes the last month or so (July/august) even after someone said they were limited. So it seems it was never actually fully discontinued as some people that did not have to request to get some just automatically got them in their boxes recently. Not for Oct recently but within the last few months. But for certain some are still receiving some and we are clueless as to why some are getting them in their boxes and some are not. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY SINCE THEY STARTED RAMDOMLY SENDING THEM AT THE END OF 2013/ or mid /beginning of 2014.
So even if it was discontinued I personally never got any during the period they sent them and had received 4-5 boxes prior to this one during the period it was not "discontinued". No rhyme or reason as to why some have gotten them and some do not! Lol. Sorry had to rant again!! Lol :)

Last edited:

PlaneCrazy1978

We are indeed DVC members and stayed two seperate stays on points since they started sending the sliders, and NEVER got the sliders with our bands in the special box. Always got the standard box with no sliders. Also are passholders and never got those either those 2 stays. We have our trip coming up in October again so wondering wof we will get any this time. I actually ended up purchasing some on eBay for really cheap that a member was selling because they had extra from going quite a few trips that year they started sending them. No fair that as DVC members ourselves we never got any. Lol :arghh:

The first stay after you activate your AP you will get sliders with your new magicbands that come for that trip. I asked extensively about it at Guest Services in DHS. Which is kind of silly, cause we activate our passes at guest services, then have to wait to book our next trip in order to wear the AP sliders.

That stinks about the DVC sliders. I would raise holy heck. Come on, we pay enough, they can give us some cheapo little sliders.

sxeensweet

The first stay after you activate your AP you will get sliders with your new magicbands that come for that trip. I asked extensively about it at Guest Services in DHS. Which is kind of silly, cause we activate our passes at guest services, then have to wait to book our next trip in order to wear the AP sliders.

That stinks about the DVC sliders. I would raise holy heck. Come on, we pay enough, they can give us some cheapo little sliders.
I agree! Lol
And Yes I got our AP ones finally and bands but yep the DVC we have to just ask at our resort because yet again last week there were none in the box. 4th or 5th box we have gotten since they started sending the sliders out last year. Lol
Member services last month told me opposite of what they told the OP that we should get them in our box and went on it detail about the specifics even on when it started and such etc.
We will just ask for them at check in at Kidani in a few weeks. :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We are indeed DVC members and stayed two seperate stays on points since they started sending the sliders, and NEVER got the sliders with our bands in the special box. Always got the standard box with no sliders. Also are passholders and never got those either those 2 stays. We have our trip coming up in October again so wondering wof we will get any this time. I actually ended up purchasing some on eBay for really cheap that a member was selling because they had extra from going quite a few trips that year they started sending them. No fair that as DVC members ourselves we never got any. Lol :arghh:

If you ask at the check in desk at the DVC resort when you arrive, they will give you sliders. Just make sure you have your DVC member card. AP sliders come with the AP magic band. Or you can visit GS at any of the parks or DTD and ask for one. Just make sure you have your AP card.

For our most recent trip that I customized bands (just to get the sliders), there were none in the box. I have around 10 active MBs that I wanted to have a slider for each, since I'm lazy and don't want to switch between bands.

sxeensweet

If you ask at the check in desk at the DVC resort when you arrive, they will give you sliders. Just make sure you have your DVC member card. AP sliders come with the AP magic band. Or you can visit GS at any of the parks or DTD and ask for one. Just make sure you have your AP card.

For our most recent trip that I customized bands (just to get the sliders), there were none in the box. I have around 10 active MBs that I wanted to have a slider for each, since I'm lazy and don't want to switch between bands.
Haha! I feel you on that! And we got our AP ones in our AP boxes but nope no DVC ones for our 2 boxes we got for our trip starting next week. So I'll ask for some at Kidani when we check in etc. Thanks for the info though! :)

raymusiccity

It's even more frustrating when you throw in the absence of any luggage tags! I guess that's another topic, altogether. It seems DVC and Annual Pass holders are just another sub-culture to Disney.

bigkbull

We just purchased DVC on our weddingmoon last week and didn't receive any at first. I personally had no idea they existed. We were talking with a DVC rep near the front desk and she gave us a couple. She stated that one of the reasons they stopped giving them out was that members were trying to use that as proof of membership to get discounts instead of carrying around their cards. CMs would try to explain that anyone could slap that on their MB so they still need to carry their membership cards. Apparently that happened enough to stop them from openly handing them out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom