No DVC Sliders?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This is the response I got from chatting with Member Services:
" The Disney Vacation Club Sliders were a limited offering, therefore, if you did not receive them they are no longer available."
Yep that's about what I figured they would keep saying. Booooooo! Lol Try asking at your resort when you get there and maybe they will have some. Does not hurt to ask. I'm going to
try that again as well if I don't get any again. :p

Seanual757

We received our sliders with our box for our stay on July 4th we also received a handful when we joined back in March.
We just ordered our bands for our stay at AKL for October when those arrive I will check to see if more are in the box.

For our APH ones we receive the sliders once a year when we re-up our memberships.

IMG_3387.JPG

sxeensweet

We received our sliders with our box for our stay on July 4th we also received a handful when we joined back in March.
We just ordered our bands for our stay at AKL for October when those arrive I will check to see if more are in the box.

For our APH ones we receive the sliders once a year when we re-up our memberships.

View attachment 101399
You suck!! Hahaha Just joking! 3 trips later (since starting to give these) and still no sliders for DVC or for that matter Passholder. Lol. :geek:

Seanual757

I would call DVC and have them mail some or on your next trip stop over at the DVC center and they will give you some. We stopped by and talked to our sales guy over July 4th and got 2 more DVC canvas bags for free :)

sxeensweet

I would call DVC and have them mail some or on your next trip stop over at the DVC center and they will give you some. We stopped by and talked to our sales guy over July 4th and got 2 more DVC canvas bags for free :)
The OP called DVC member services yesterday and they told her sorry they were a limited time thing etc. lol
We will try the center when we go if we have time in Oct if we don't get any again. :)

sxeensweet

Very odd he had no problem giving us a bunch I have a hard time believing that they are limited.
We all know they are not limited of course lol, BUT that is what DVC member services told them the same versed answer they are known to give. Lol. Basically the way they can cover their butts if not all members are receiving them like they are supposed to. :)

sxeensweet

Very odd he had no problem giving us a bunch I have a hard time believing that they are limited.

This is the response they got as posted yesterday...

This is the response I got from chatting with Member Services:
" The Disney Vacation Club Sliders were a limited offering, therefore, if you did not receive them they are no longer available."

toolsnspools

I would call DVC Member services "(800) 800-9800" and see what they can do. In this case, they may know something that Guest Services doesn't.

sxeensweet

I would call DVC Member services "(800) 800-9800" and see what they can do. In this case, they may know something that Guest Services doesn't.
The OP already called DVC member services the day they posted this and were told no can do basically and it was a limited time thing and no longer happening. We all know that's not true but that's what they were told. lol Look at the past comments of the OP earlier in this thread. :)

mcompanik

Original Poster
I called Member Services on Friday to reserve our spot for the Typhoon Lagoon Beach Bash and I asked them again about the sliders and was told again that they were a limited offering and if I didn't get them, they must have run out of them. Since we are staying at Saratoga Springs, we plan on stopping by the DVC Center and asking if they have any if they don't have them when we check in.

sxeensweet

Do you mean this special box? (pardon the kitty :p)

View attachment 104869

That's the regular box everyone gets. Passholders when you order your Passholder magic band (seperate from the resort stay ones like above) get a different box. DVC members receive the regular one like in your picture. I have several of those boxes now. Like 4-5 of them. lol Cute cat by the way. ;)

catmom46

That's the regular box everyone gets. Passholders when you order your Passholder magic band (seperate from the resort stay ones like above) get a different box. DVC members receive the regular one like in your picture. I have several of those boxes now. Like 4-5 of them. lol Cute cat by the way. ;)

Got it. Obviously I didn't read through the thread closely enough. LOL

Too bad the sliders are limited offer, considering they make sense to help CMs identify DVC members when it comes to discounts. The magnets were nice, but we received a multiple sets of them (probably because my husband and I have different last names), and I ended up giving most of them away.

Thanks for the cat compliment! She is a cutie, isn't she? :cat:

sxeensweet

Got it. Obviously I didn't read through the thread closely enough. LOL

Too bad the sliders are limited offer, considering they make sense to help CMs identify DVC members when it comes to discounts. The magnets were nice, but we received a multiple sets of them (probably because my husband and I have different last names), and I ended up giving most of them away.

Thanks for the cat compliment! She is a cutie, isn't she? :cat:
Yes she is adorable!!! And that's okay... I have not read things thoroughly either before on here. Lol.
I did talk to member services this week actually (for something else but asked about the sliders again) and she said we Should get them this time as long as on my MDE account it shows I am a member (which it does) . She said with the past ones maybe MDE was being buggy and didn't clearly show we were members or others were members when indeed they are members. I think she read something to me that was from May stating all members should get them after like 5/30 or something, and if we did not get them again to ask the front desk when we check in because they are supposed to have extras available. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom