No DVC Sliders?

mcompanik

Original Poster
Hi Guys!
We are DVC members staying on points this August at SSR. We just received our Magic Bands in the mail yesterday and there were no DVC member sliders. Did they do away with them or did they just make a mistake? Are they available at the desk? Thanks and have a Magical Day!

lostpro9het

Hi Guys!
We are DVC members staying on points this August at SSR. We just received our Magic Bands in the mail yesterday and there were no DVC member sliders. Did they do away with them or did they just make a mistake? Are they available at the desk? Thanks and have a Magical Day!
2 Questions:
1: are you certain they didn't fall into the box below?
2: are you certain that when you made the reservation you indicated that the people i your party are members?

We're staying this month and received the sliders with our bands.

mcompanik

Original Poster
2 Questions:
1: are you certain they didn't fall into the box below?
2: are you certain that when you made the reservation you indicated that the people i your party are members?

We're staying this month and received the sliders with our bands.
I have disassembled the box because that was my first thought. I had made the reservation through DVC member services on the phone.
P.S. I like how your signature is different colors. I am going to try to change mine now.

lostpro9het

I have disassembled the box because that was my first thought. I had made the reservation through DVC member services on the phone.
P.S. I like how your signature is different colors. I am going to try to change mine now.
I can only think of two things then
The CM neglected to indicate the party staying on the reservation were members
or
They just got missed in packaging.

Wouldn't hurt to call I suppose, maybe they can mail your crew a set out.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We are indeed DVC members and stayed two seperate stays on points since they started sending the sliders, and NEVER got the sliders with our bands in the special box. Always got the standard box with no sliders. Also are passholders and never got those either those 2 stays. We have our trip coming up in October again so wondering wof we will get any this time. I actually ended up purchasing some on eBay for really cheap that a member was selling because they had extra from going quite a few trips that year they started sending them. No fair that as DVC members ourselves we never got any. Lol :arghh:

sxeensweet

I can only think of two things then
The CM neglected to indicate the party staying on the reservation were members
or
They just got missed in packaging.

Wouldn't hurt to call I suppose, maybe they can mail your crew a set out.
Nope our reservatioms always said we were members and staying on points at that. AND still NEVER got them twice now!! So not the case. Thanks for the advice but not in our case that was the problem twice now. Booked ours through DVC member services as well on the phone like the OP both times.

lostpro9het

Nope our reservatioms always said we were members and staying on points at that. AND still NEVER got them twice now!! So not the case.
Well, could be the case still since we don't know how the CM listed the party at booking. I've stayed on members points MANY times as a non member and never received them. I'm staying on members points this month as a member and already received them so, for me, I'm 100% getting them as a member and 100% not receiving them, as a non member. But, of course, your experience contradicts my experience...

sxeensweet

Well, could be the case still since we don't know how the CM listed the party at booking. I've stayed on members points MANY times as a non member and never received them. I'm staying on members points this month as a member and already received them so, for me, I'm 100% getting them as a member and 100% not receiving them, as a non member.
Nope when you book as the actual member through DVC Member services you are listed as actual DVC members as we are the member ourselves calling in the reservation and they verify I am indeed me every call. If we were calling and put another name on the reservation if someone was renting out points then they know they are non members. I have asked about it in the past and yes we are listed as members those other 2 times now. I have heard several other members say they never got them ever before either since they started sending them out with the bands. It's a some get them and some do not thing we have figured unfortunately.

sxeensweet

Hi Guys!
I feel you fellow DVC member with this same issue happening to us twice now since they started sending those. Have heard other members have the same problem a while back. :oops:

DisDadWoz

I'll be curious what they tell you. I assumed that once they sent you one set that was it. Kind of like the DVC magnets for your car where once they are gone they are gone. (Someone stole mine from the car and wanted a new one:()

sxeensweet

I'll be curious what they tell you. I assumed that once they sent you one set that was it. Kind of like the DVC magnets for your car where once they are gone they are gone. (Someone stole mine from the car and wanted a new one:()
Sorry hey stole your magnet I do still have ours. And Maybe your right but I never got even 1 set yet! Keeping figers crossed 3rd times the charm! Haha Does not really matter I already bought a set on eBay late last year. But it would be exciting to finally get them with our bands. :oops:

mcompanik

Original Poster
This is the response I got from chatting with Member Services:
" The Disney Vacation Club Sliders were a limited offering, therefore, if you did not receive them they are no longer available."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom