No Dr. Pepper

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
I remember the one thing I didn't like about Florida was the fact that you can't get Dr. Pepper at any of the restaraunts. I plan on bringing my own Dr. Pepper 12 pack with me this time....I'm Prepared!!! :lol:

Figaro

I think Publix sells it down there. Last time we went down,we met my parents there and my mother bought me a 6 pack for the week. :slurp:

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
Isn't it true though that you can't find it anywhere in Disney World? I'm guessing Coke must be a sponsor...I guess thats why they have a cool station that only sells Coke products.

Tigggrl

Its true, Coke is the sponsor, and they have no Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper...Thats the only soda I drinlk normally, but the restaurants will make you a Cherry coke if they have a bar!...MMmmm!

BNCordeiro

They don't serve Mr. Pibb in the parks? The only times that I've ever had the stuff was during my stays in All-Star Movies & the Caribbean Beach Resort.

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
Really...no Mr. Pibb? For some reason I thought I remembered drinking it during my stay at DW back in '85 and '89? Although it was a long time ago and my memory is a bit fuzzy. Back then I had to have either Dr. Pepper or if there wasn't any available, Mr. Pibb which comes the closest to it during some part of the day. I'm pretty much the same way now! I can't imagine what I drank back then while I was there? :lol:

Originally posted by Tigggrl
Its true, Coke is the sponsor, and they have no Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper...Thats the only soda I drinlk normally, but the restaurants will make you a Cherry coke if they have a bar!...MMmmm!
DR. Pepepr isnt a Coke product. Coke only has the rights to bottle it and PEPSI has the rights to sell it in fountains. I'm not quite sure who owns Dr. pepper

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Dr. Pepper is....?

Dr. Pepper is a regional product. Some places Coke handles it and in other places Pepsi handles the sales. I lived in an area once where the local Pepsi company sold it and then the local Coke bottler bought the rights and it switched. In WDW only Coke products are sold and Dr. Pepper is not handled by the local Coke plant. "I'm a Pepper she's a Pepper...wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?"

Also, soda fountains and bottlers are the same.

zenatoad

I wish they had Dr. Pepper too, but at least there is Mr. Pibb in a few places. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and thank God they had Mr. Pibb there. I personnally can't stand COKE and refuse to drink it. So, it was great to still be able to get a cold caffine fix in the morning. So, if you want anything besides Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, and Tea - BRING YOUR OWN!!! You'll enjoy the trip a whole lot more if you have it with you.

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
I'll definetly bring my own and I actually can this time because we're staying in a Villa with a fridge!!! THANK THE LORD!!!! If I couldn't bring DP my trip would be ruined!!!

"Dr. Pepper, gimmie the news, I got a great taste in loving you!!!" :)

Goofyteen

This is kind of off the subject of Dr. Pepper....but does anybody like Lipton's Brisk Rasberry Ice Tea? We don't have it up here in DE, but always make a special trip to a Publix in FL to buy a few cases & bring it home!!

PuertoRekinSam

Just a tid bit for you. Mr. Pibb is no longer made.

It's now called Pibb Extra, they've made it stronger and more cherry. It started in Texas, and now has gone national. It's not too shabby.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
Just a tid bit for you. Mr. Pibb is no longer made.

It's now called Pibb Extra, they've made it stronger and more cherry. It started in Texas, and now has gone national. It's not too shabby.

Well I work with all the pop vendors at my job, and not only is the new pibb different tasting, but they've jacked up the caffeine.

MKingdom25

FYI if anyone is curious:

Dr. Pepper is owned by Cadbury Schweppes plc, a London-based company.

Dr. Pepper/7-Up itself is based in Plano, TX right down the street from where I work! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom