No Country Bear Xmas Confirmed

PhilharMagician

I've been told that the primary reason is that the transformation does not equate to a bigger attendance for the attraction, and is being viewed as an almost pointless excersize, and not worth the expense.

Thus the reason why all like me that will miss CBJ Coliday version should write to WDW guest relations about this change. Whoever made this decision needs to know that many people care about its removal this year.

kennygman

Original Poster
I don't much care for the regular show, but I liked the Christmas version and it was another thing that added to the festive mood. I don't think most people were even aware it was different at Christmas though.

LilDucky

Yay! :D :lookaroun

*dodges flames* :lookaroun

I'm sorry. It's just been so long since I've seen the original! :cry: They closed the one at DL, and I always go to WDW during Christmas time! :eek:

Thurp

I've been told that the primary reason is that the transformation does not equate to a bigger attendance for the attraction, and is being viewed as an almost pointless excersize, and not worth the expense.

Do the Christmas tree and lights on main street equal bigger attendance or would they get the same amount of people during Christmas anyway? There's only one way to find out! Think of the money they could potentially save!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Do the Christmas tree and lights on main street equal bigger attendance or would they get the same amount of people during Christmas anyway? There's only one way to find out! Think of the money they could potentially save!

On that point, yes, I would argue that the overall Christmas decorations do bring in more people. If they didnt, Disney would not have them up before Thanksgiving.

kennygman

Original Poster
Yes the decor does add to the crowds. Food network has a show about it. But I don't believe that most tourists knew that CB had a Christmas show.

Horizons1

Just got a call and of course was told basically the same as everyone else. That the discontinuation was due to guest response, if your a big WDW person you know things like this can change, this decision was made months ago, and while there are no plans to bring it back this year (or maybe forever, she didnt specify) when they review their plans guest concern like mine is brought up and taken into consideration...

So, its going to be a blue Christmas in the MK this year without the CBJ Christmas Special but hopefully this time next year we all will be rejoycing that it has returned.

"Well folks, I guess about does it for our show. Now bundle up, stay warm, and come back and see us real soon! Happy Holidays yall..."

:xmas:

Magicot

I've recently heard rumors that the money that normally goes towards the CBJ Christmas makeover is actually now going towards various CBJ updates and effects improvements (since there's no X-mas show). Can anyone confirm if there have been any recent changes or improvements to this attraction??

PhilharMagician

From what I saw last week there is nothing new. I believe it will be getting some refurb time in early 07 and then you should hopefully see some improvements.​

Buford

a few of the bears seem to have received routine maintenance, but no big-scale improvements.... just the usual fixing-whats-broken....energize a worn face. It's been said that country bears have little accidents all the time that constantly need to be tweaked.... what else can be expected from a 35 year old show though?

any big future rehab is solely speculation and is unlikely for Jan. since Splash Mountain has a rehab

joanna71985

I hope whoever made this decision knows what they are doing. Every night I am in Frontierland at least one person asks about the Christmas show. It is sad they are not doing it, as I prefer the Christmas version. At least I have it on Itunes so I can listen to it whenever.

I hope whoever made this decision knows what they are doing. Every night I am in Frontierland at least one person asks about the Christmas show. It is sad they are not doing it, as I prefer the Christmas version.

Did you ever suggest that they stop by City Hall and file complaints regarding the issue?

They probably sold the spare animatronics so they can make up for money loss through all the new rides they built and companies they bought... :-\

PKD

a few of the bears seem to have received routine maintenance, but no big-scale improvements.... just the usual fixing-whats-broken....energize a worn face. It's been said that country bears have little accidents all the time that constantly need to be tweaked.... what else can be expected from a 35 year old show though?

any big future rehab is solely speculation and is unlikely for Jan. since Splash Mountain has a rehab

I just noticed your Avitar in detail, I WOULD LOVE to see ELP driving down the road. That would rock!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom