No Country Bear Xmas Confirmed

kennygman

Original Poster
A nice lady from Disney called me today about my guest relations email about there not being a Country Bear Christmas and confirmed that there will NOT be a Country Bear Christmas. Oh well I'll add that to the Tiki Room/Sounds Dangerous list of attractions not to bother with.

Buford

speaking of it, can we at least have a SOUNDS DANGEROUS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL??? :lookaroun........

(sigh, thank you for the update :( )

darthjohnny

I can't believe they won't do the Christmas special. Last year I did the first show of the day for the first time on Christmas day, and planned to do it again this year. I really enjoyed it. :(

Dwarful

Oh man! How do I explain this to my girls? Talk about disappointment. Of course we will still have to go see CBJ its a tradition, but they were looking forward to the Christmas show...guess they will have to be happy w/their video.

Buford

I just read this on ThemeParkInsider.com (coments under 11/2 Country Bear Christmas story)

‘Twas the Season of Yule
and all through their lairs,
Was the dancing and singing
of Jamboree Bears.
The joyful cast members
spread lots of good cheer
So that kids and their kin
would return every year.

For the young and the old
had all come to see,
Some bright, Christmas magic
in the World of Disney.

Then what to my
Mouseketeer ears do I hear?
But that Christmas might end
in the Land of Frontier!”

Why the show is as timeless
as Santa himself,
And now some grumpy old Scrooge says,
“Away to the shelf!”

Don’t they know there are things
they should never undo?
Things as dear to our hearts as
Winnie the Pooh?

I wonder who arrived
at such a silly notion,
Some corporate wannabe
in line for promotion?

So let’s band together
write letters – unite!
Tell them, “KEEP THE JAMBOREE CHRISTMAS!”
But please be polite!

Happy Holidays! - Terri

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve, what are the 'other reasons' that weren't mentioned in the update? :confused: Thanks :wave:

I've been told that the primary reason is that the transformation does not equate to a bigger attendance for the attraction, and is being viewed as an almost pointless excersize, and not worth the expense.

Dwarful

I love the poem! I'll be happy to write and have all in my group do so as well. But I doubt it will have enough impact for this year. However, I will make sure we all voice our disappointment daily when we go to MK Dec. 22-30. It might not make a difference this year, but if they see how many people miss it, they might bring it back next year! So I recommend that everyone who goes to MK during the holiday season, stop by and voice your disappointment kindly and ask where you should send your complaint to.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I will miss the CBC show, but I might be ok with it if they were to take the money they were going to spend/budgeted on it and actually do something new with it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've been told that the primary reason is that the transformation does not equate to a bigger attendance for the attraction, and is being viewed as an almost pointless excersize, and not worth the expense.

OK...

As I've said before, I just wish that they would use the money saved not doing the overlay towards maintenance on the attraction.

It could use some TLC. :wave:

Buford

OK...

As I've said before, I just wish that they would use the money saved not doing the overlay towards maintenance on the attraction.

I agree, and I wish we could see that happen..........................

......oh well.

kennygman

Original Poster
OK...

Or they could just stick in their pocket and make the shareholders more happy?:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom