No changes to Spaceship Earth anytime soon!

ILOVEDISNEY

Original Poster
Spoke with a great young CP CM at end of ride last week. Inquired about construction and was told he didn't really know what was going on, but no Speed Racer in the near future (thank goodness). He said SE was his favorite ride and that he would cry if it closed. So would I.

General Grizz

Yup. . . he's right. Keep in mind that Time Racers was the designed post-show to a brand new SE ride which would have feautured "screen technology" and outdoor track. . .

. . . and now that the GLOBAL NEIGHBORHOOD is closed and AT&T has pulled sponsorship, that post-show may happen. No official plans as of yet.

However, the original plans to change the ride have been cancelled. . . which is very, very good news indeed!

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
Oh...I don't know!!

That's not what I heard!!

I heard Disney legal is worried about the eye strain the partially reflective triangulated exo skin on that puppy...AND the potential lawsuits it could incur...one day.

Rumors have it...a dark green felt will be the new fashion for SE coming this fall!! Imagine the games of pool up top!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by General Grizz
However, the original plans to change the ride have been cancelled. . . which is very, very good news indeed!
:sohappy: :sohappy: There's going to be a lot of unhappy people around if SE changes. :(

AndyMagic

The only thing I'd like to see SE get is a new drive engine, some repaired track, some cleaning up of show scenes, and most importantly a repaired sound system!! I'm sick of hearing Irons voice skip my whole way through the ride. If it isn't going to change, then it is due for a MASSIVE refurb. Maybe even something drastic like Disneyland's Space Mountain rehab to get it up to shape.

BG Rugger

SE is one of my alltime favorite rides and I want it so badly for it to get something done to bring it back up to speed, even if its only minor things to make the presentations better. I would like to see a new track, maybe where you cant see it? New AAs, and definetely a new sound system...maybe even whole new cars.

J

joviacdan

Originally posted by marni1971
One thing SE does need is a big can of oil...

HA - That's actually very true (and very funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I'm glad to hear no changes are due as well. I LOVE Spaceship Earth!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Re: Oh...I don't know!!

Originally posted by paulcmartens
That's not what I heard!!

I heard Disney legal is worried about the eye strain the partially reflective triangulated exo skin on that puppy...AND the potential lawsuits it could incur...one day.

Rumors have it...a dark green felt will be the new fashion for SE coming this fall!! Imagine the games of pool up top!

thanks! i needed a good laugh today at work. wow, it was getting tense around here until my sudden out burst. my office thanks you as well for the good laugh

kal1484

Just a FYI: We CPs dont know EVERYTHING, so sometimes you just have to go with the flow. So don't totally believe EVERYTHING a CP says. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
my grandfather worked in the newspaper business for almost 45 years and he said a golden rule to follow: believe nothing that you hear, and half of what you read.

thought that was always interesting.

Spaciestacey30

Spaceship Earth

Ok, don't kill me but I have never been on Spaceship Earth! I am an annual passholder, can't even tell you how many times I have been to all the Disney parks. I have lost track. I still haven't been on Spaceship Earth. What is it like? I was told that it was just a movie. Is this true? I am going up again next weekend, should I plead my case to my group to go on it?

Thanks so much for any input!

Stacey

J

joviacdan

JUST A MOVIE???????

Oh, no way. It's a whole ride you go through (albeit a slow moving one.)

It's got some of the neatest animatronics of any Disney ride. It really is awesome. Nothing fast or thrilling, but an Epcot classic. It takes you through the history of time and how humans have communicated throughout time.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Re: Spaceship Earth

Originally posted by Spaciestacey30
Ok, don't kill me but I have never been on Spaceship Earth! I am an annual passholder, can't even tell you how many times I have been to all the Disney parks. I have lost track. I still haven't been on Spaceship Earth. What is it like? I was told that it was just a movie. Is this true? I am going up again next weekend, should I plead my case to my group to go on it?

Stacey

Oh man! SE is awesome! i do think it needs oil and some smoothing of the track as it is rough.

Man, SE goes all the way up into the ball. Look at the ball and then know that SE goes all the way up to where you can see space! (literally).

ILOVEDISNEY

Original Poster

Stacey

The ride is very slow, but really neat. The only downside is when the ride stops on the climb up or on the descent that has the cars turned backwards. It can be very disconcerting. The first time I rode SE years ago you could see clearly all the way back down the climb hill. I hate roller coasters and I had no idea what to expect at the top of the first hill, but I got over it. Last week we were stuck near the top for over 10 minutes. A CM was running around with a big wrench in his hand mumbling all the while. Thank goodness they got it fixed, I would hate the walk down.

77johnson77

Whenever I think of SE I have 1 main mental Image then a few more but I always remeber that scene with the computers and webcams and the talking over and the story book and the kid and the mom and the dad and the bed and then the stars...:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Thanks, for the response. I will be sure to go on it. Even if I have to do it alone!

Welcome to the boards! And don`t forget to post here once you have ridden it! You must ride it! This is when Disney imagineering were not held back (it does get a bit noisy mechanics wise though, its a very complicated 23 and a half year old omnimover!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom