No car-where to stay as close to Disney as possible?

Nsaudra

We stayed off site i was going to use the shuttle for the parks cause the parking was 25$ so shuttle to the park and lyft back we got a lyft credit for new account. We rented a car for 2 days we were not at the park for 20 a day from priceline

Btw we stayed at Holliday inn suites (nick hotel) disney springs area pretty close

slappy magoo

I don't want to rent a car and have to deal with driving/parking. What I'm trying to avoid is taking an Uber/Lyft and waiting in the long lines of traffic to get into the parks. If the drivers can by-pass such lines similar to the WDW buses and drop off near the entrance, then - problem solved. When we were there in January, we talked to a few people who said they drove and it took them over an hour to get into the park, between the road construction everywhere and the volume of people entering the park lots. If it was that bad in January, there's no way I'm dealing with it in July.

Well I don't know how much time it would save, but the new Minnie van services available at various places in WDW works through the Lyft app, but it's only good for within the WDW resort area. So if a Lyft is not able to drop you off near a park entrance, you could take a Lyft to a WDW hotel where Minnie Vans are available, then request one to get you to a park. Still 2 rides instead of one, but still potentially shorter than buses. When you're done, take a Minnie van to Disney Springs and from there order Lyft to get you back to your resort.

WDWMPrincess

Ok there are many hotels that participate in a shuttle bus system in Orlando. It has been a while but the buses typically run every so many minutes. If memory serves it was every 15 minutes. Might have been every 30 minutes. There is one that will get you there for rope drop and people line up early for it. It will be full. Other than that I don't recall the buses being more than half, maybe 2/3 full ever. Hotels that have shuttles to Disney and / or Universal will proudly proclaim this on their websites. Even people with cars will use them because it saves you that hefty $22 parking at Disney charge and dealing with the traffic and road construction.

As far as being in Orlando without a car goes really that's no big deal. We've stayed both off and on property and the one time we had a car we wished we didn't. We drove down and it was easier to grab the city bus or the Disney shuttle if we wanted to go somewhere due to the traffic mainly. Just pick a hotel close to a city bus stop with shuttle service. Now that there is Uber / Lyft we're not planning to get a vehicle for our group of 9. Adult bus passes cost just $16 for the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom