Nintendo Wii U tour arrives at Downtown Disney starting today

Sped2424

If you enjoyed that one, you will probably enjoy this one too.

Francis / Boogie2988...king of the WEB!

He is good at that character!!! and his analysis is dead on I said the same thing about the wii u its really lacking in the game department at the moment and the tv and ain't gonna sell the xbox one.

Sped2424

His analysis actually reminds me of Disney and MyMagic+...

A VERY good point as well lol! good idea, not so great execution. but just like the xbox one, I guess we shall really see when its finally rolled out. for the xbox thats e 3 for disney its whenever they decide to stop testing and rollout the system in full (if that ever happens.)

bgraham34

I have the WII U and actually enjoy it. I am not a big time gamer, well because I have an actually life and can play an hour or two a week.

bhg469

God I could not agree with you more, it seems they forgot to really showcase and emphasize the one feature truly care about the xbox, the gaming.

That what e3 is for. The features shown already were just a teaser if you will. Gamers get far too serious about this stuff. Besides as long as Sony keeps putting the analog stick in the wrong place, I'm buying an Xbox.

Sped2424

That what e3 is for. The features shown already were just a teaser if you will. Gamers get far too serious about this stuff. Besides as long as Sony keeps putting the analog stick in the wrong place, I'm buying an Xbox.

Sony was able to bring it home within their conference while still promising more at e3, I and a lot of people agree that microsoft kinda miss the ball with their conference and like the video we don't know what those titles are hopefully e3 can really make a difference for them. Gamers getting serious about games....sounds ridiculous :eek:

Haveyoumetian

First time post (here we go): As much as I'm enjoying the discussion of what gaming console is better or how bad the Wii U might be, I feel like the idea behind this is to push Disney Infinity more than promote the console or moving money around instead of doing e3. Base on the fact that Epic Mickey was originally for the Wii, there might be some sort of relationship between the Nintendo & the Disney brand for them to do this kind of push.

Disney Infinity, if done right...will sell a lot of figures and games at Downtown Disney.

Sped2424

First time post (here we go): As much as I'm enjoying the discussion of what gaming console is better or how bad the Wii U might be, I feel like the idea behind this is to push Disney Infinity more than promote the console or moving money around instead of doing e3. Base on the fact that Epic Mickey was originally for the Wii, there might be some sort of relationship between the Nintendo & the Disney brand for them to do this kind of push.

Disney Infinity, if done right...will sell a lot of figures and games at Downtown Disney.

Welcome to the forums! I don't think the wii u is a bad system at all its just lacking in some real first party games at the moment! I fully intend to buy it once I see a little more for the system! (pikmin 3, zelda, new mario title). I agree with you though disney knows from the skylanders franchise that the toy/videogame tie in is a complete cash cow.

Haveyoumetian

Welcome to the forums! I don't think the wii u is a bad system at all its just lacking in some real first party games at the moment! I fully intend to buy it once I see a little more for the system! (pikmin 3, zelda, new mario title). I agree with you though disney knows from the skylanders franchise that the toy/videogame tie in is a complete cash cow.

Thank you! I'm excited about contributing with all of you guys my love for everything Disney. By no means do I think the Wii U is horrible, if anything, just like you I'm looking to get it eventually. I just felt that the point of Nintendo being at Downtown Disney was kind of misdirected for a moment.

Also, with this new promotion, would anyone here purchase your fav character's "Disney Infinity" action figure without owning the game? Somehow I feel like I will!

Sped2424

Thank you! I'm excited about contributing with all of you guys my love for everything Disney. By no means do I think the Wii U is horrible, if anything, just like you I'm looking to get it eventually. I just felt that the point of Nintendo being at Downtown Disney was kind of misdirected for a moment.

Also, with this new promotion, would anyone here purchase your fav character's "Disney Infinity" action figure without owning the game? Somehow I feel like I will!

I bet you a lot of us will! Especially if they are done well

bhg469

Sony was able to bring it home within their conference while still promising more at e3, I and a lot of people agree that microsoft kinda miss the ball with their conference and like the video we don't know what those titles are hopefully e3 can really make a difference for them. Gamers getting serious about games....sounds ridiculous :eek:

Microsoft has been all about expanding the abilities of the Xbox for a long time. I get why gamers were upset buy the reveal but they brought a lot to the table. It was a tease for the gaming side of things but all the media features, plus HDMI pass through, which is one feature that should be on everything.. Spielberg is backing a halo series!! That was something no one saw coming. I think they just assumed everyone would be smart enough to know it does games as well and e3 would be the proper forum for that. Sony did a demo of a non existent game in a controlled environment... That's nice but what else ya got?

disney fan 13

Microsoft has been all about expanding the abilities of the Xbox for a long time. I get why gamers were upset buy the reveal but they brought a lot to the table. It was a tease for the gaming side of things but all the media features, plus HDMI pass through, which is one feature that should be on everything.. Spielberg is backing a halo series!! That was something no one saw coming. I think they just assumed everyone would be smart enough to know it does games as well and e3 would be the proper forum for that. Sony did a demo of a non existent game in a controlled environment... That's nice but what else ya got?

But Sony will have the better gaming experience longer, One will only have 5GB for dedicated gaming while the PS4 will have 7GB plus the differences in speed.

dr_teeth90210

Here's a video of the WiiU exhibit over in CA's Downtown Disney. It looks pretty cool & very well done. I'm tempted to drive to Orlando(1-hour drive for me) to get my picture taken with Mario & Luigi. Oh, and to steal their rupee pillows.

Remember Nintendo is a Blue Ocean company. Believing they were not competing with Sony or MS anymore. Building systems that could not compete but would make current fans happy. Now they are trying to catch up and never will. Nintendo will end up just like SEGA , an IP owner and software company.

bhg469

PS4 all the way!

:and I'm a 360 gamer!:

One is going to be way underpowered in the gaming department because of all the extra stuff it is running.

They will not interrupt each other, there are multiple operating systems and all will be independent. Multiple cores will be working to make it happen.

But Sony will have the better gaming experience longer, One will only have 5GB for dedicated gaming while the PS4 will have 7GB plus the differences in speed.

Will they? They havent offered that in the past 2 systems compared to the Xbox offerings, they have been faster but not better. Power is nothing when your console has no innovation on the controller front. Adding a share button is not innovation. Incorporating kinect insures that voice and gestures can be incorporated into every game. That will add a level of immersion that the ps4 cannot offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom